EAGLEVILLE @ FORREST

GeneralForrest

23 hours ago, Salem said:

The assessment was ok. EHS gets the choice to enforce on the extra point or kickoff since it was a deadball after the TD.

The problem was the penalty. The RB ran over to cornerback and scored. Another eagleville defender comes over late and bristles up against the Forrest receiver and both guys exchanged words. We got a 15 yarder at a crucial point to the game when all three players were jawing. No shoving and no yelling. I’ve seen much worse never flagged. Unless he let loose with some profanity I didn’t see a foul. I was standing right on the fence where it happened. 

I didn't see what happened from visitors stands. Thanks for info.  

Forrest, with the talent they have, COULD win out and finish 8-2. I truly believe that. 

A 5-5 season is looking more likely, with losses to CA, LC and W'Town. 

Lose to Summertown next week and you're looking at 4-6 for a second straight regular season. 

Lose to Loretto or Community, and it might be the worst season in history. 

Focus on this week. Summertown is not as talented as Forrest. Get a 2 score lead and grind out a 14-21 pt win. Then worry about the rest. 

Forrest was not MENTALLY prepared for Eagleville to come out hitting, which they did, and the 3rd Q performance of Cobb. IDK who is to blame for that, probably a little bit of everyone.  

On 9/1/2018 at 3:31 PM, Salem said:

The assessment was ok. EHS gets the choice to enforce on the extra point or kickoff since it was a deadball after the TD.

The problem was the penalty. The RB ran over to cornerback and scored. Another eagleville defender comes over late and bristles up against the Forrest receiver and both guys exchanged words. We got a 15 yarder at a crucial point to the game when all three players were jawing. No shoving and no yelling. I’ve seen much worse never flagged. Unless he let loose with some profanity I didn’t see a foul. I wa standing right on the fence where it happened. 

That’s the key. I’ve been told that there is a zero tolerance for any profanity this year. Things get heated, it’s an emotional game, and even the best of us can let loose with an  inappropriate word. But from what I understand, if the refs hear it, it’s a flag, no questions asked. I have no idea if that’s what took place here, but I’d lay some good odds on it. It’s a tough lesson for sure. 

8 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Forrest, with the talent they have, COULD win out and finish 8-2. I truly believe that. 

Lose to Summertown next week and you're looking at 4-6 for a second straight regular season. 

Focus on this week. Summertown is not as talented as Forrest. Get a 2 score lead and grind out a 14-21 pt win. Then worry about the rest. 

Forrest was not MENTALLY prepared for Eagleville to come out hitting, which they did, and the 3rd Q performance of Cobb. IDK who is to blame for that, probably a little bit of everyone.  

Lmbo I couldn’t imagine contemplating losing to Community. My, how have times changed in Marshall County? Chapel Hill is now the least talked about program in Marshall’s County. Sad with all that talent/numbers!!!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Don't look past Summertown.  CA came out flat and struggled the first half.  Maybe it was too many distractions with Homecoming.  Summertown came to play.  After the half and adjustments, CA never looked back.  

2 hours ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

The Rockets still own Cornersville on the field. At EVERY level. 

How do they own cornersville??? Forrest lost to these boys 26-12 in junior high, the Jv beat them last week ,how much more convincing do you need?? Not to mention y’all losing to eagleville at the blessed “Rock” Friday night, go back and check that cornersville -eagleville score in your spare time