EAGLEVILLE @ FORREST

GeneralForrest

7 hours ago, Salem said:

Local paper came out with the article on the game today. 

Biggest points: Forrest outgained Eagleville 328 to 185 in total yards. Eagleville had zero turnovers and zero penalties. Forrest had three second half turnovers. 

Forrest was penalized 5 times for 65 yards in the official stats. One penalty was for five yards that wiped out the first Rocket touchdown. It was for illegal procedure. No where on the game film can you see anyone flinch. The formation was legal as well.

Another penalty was for holding on a 7 yard run in the closing minutes of the first half. Forrest would have had a 2nd and 3 near midfield instead it became 1st and 22 at their own 26. It killed the drive. The call was very questionable.  Two others were for 30 yards for taunting. A player makes a hard hit on one and ran over someone to score the tying TD on the other. Both penalties are debatable. The same official threw all four flags. Fifth penalty was an illegal procedure and it was legit. 

FOX News just announced the Mueller team will be investigating the TSSAA and Eagleville High School for possible collusion with the Russians  which could have influenced the outcome of this game.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, peabodypride said:

I'm only familiar with yalls side of the state from the T!! EHS was looking good this year!Is CVille that good or bad game for the Eagles?

A little of both. I’ll be surprised if CVille doesnt go to the championship again this year. I did not expect 41-0 though. I was expecting about a 10 point game with the winner going to whoever had less penalties / turnovers.

3 hours ago, MikeHoncho said:

FOX News just announced the Mueller team will be investigating the TSSAA and Eagleville High School for possible collusion with the Russians  which could have influenced the outcome of this game.

Hard to discuss the game with a commenter who didn’t watch it. 

While we’re investigating maybe we can finally get to the bottom of why the bulldogs aren’t on the schedule anymore.  Last time our running back set the school record for rushing yards in a game that was hyped as ‘this is Cornersville’s year” to beat the Rockets. The only thing worse than the bulldog defense that game was the 40 people that actually drove up to watch the 49-14 game from Cornersville. Glad to see since this group is winning all the bandwagon fans who have always supported their dawgs :roll:are back on board.

Seriously, we do need to reschedule this rivalry. We have some really good, young running backs coming up and they deserve a chance to break that record. 

1 minute ago, Salem said:

Hard to discuss the game with a commenter who didn’t watch it. 

While we’re investigating maybe we can finally get to the bottom of why the bulldogs aren’t on the schedule anymore.  Last time our running back set the school record for rushing yards in a game that was hyped as ‘this is Cornersville’s year” to beat the Rockets. The only thing worse than the bulldog defense that game was the 40 people that actually drove up to watch the 49-14 game from Cornersville. Glad to see since this group is winning all the bandwagon fans who have always supported their dawgs :roll:are back on board.

Seriously, we do need to reschedule this rivalry. We have some really good, young running backs coming up and they deserve a chance to break that record. 

There was well more than 40 fans there. I was there. You can go back and look as I was posting then on game. I also stated that we was a few years from making some noise. Some of your posters ( I use that term loosely ) laughed but now that the Rockets are down they don’t post. Most don’t like yalls new field due to so far from the action. I myself prefer your old field to the one you have now. You can be closer to action at titans stadium than Chapel Hill field. 

And I’m no bandwagon fan 

• Like 1

On 9/3/2018 at 8:13 AM, GeneralAmerigha said:

The Rockets still own Cornersville on the field. At EVERY level. 

Yea okay and yall couldn't beat eagleville which is a good team but we held them to a big goose egg WITH OUR 2ND TEAM PLAYING  THE 3RD QUARTER SHAZAMMM AND ALSO YALL ARE A 2 A TEAM WE SHOULDN'T BE CLOSE TO YALLS TEAM BUT GUESS WHAT WE ARE BETTER AND WILL BE FOR A WHILE