AC or Greeneville

BVDevil

1 hour ago, leadfarmer said:

So two blowout wins over 6A schools is not a good measure? Seems legit. Say what you will but I doubt any team that Greeneville plays this year will come within 20 points of the Devils. They are just that good this year.

Well I would think DevilMan would agree but he said that last year too. I think if AC and Greeneville meet you will find a different monster then you've met all year. Just my opinion :)

1 hour ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Well I would think DevilMan would agree but he said that last year too. I think if AC and Greeneville meet you will find a different monster then you've met all year. Just my opinion :)

Ac isn’t a monster of any sorts. You think they are a powerhouse and they simply are not. Greeneville has been there and won the big game! They have one of the winningest programs in the last decade. What does Ac have? A joke of an undefeated season and a 2 and done in the playoffs? Btw when they played some actual competition they were 3-7 back to back not to mention losing to the devils both of those years 38-9 and 55-9. If I were you I’d start another screen name like all the others you have and try to talk yourself away from the screen because if Greeneville plays Ac it will be over by half time with the mercy rule running with Greeneville winning. 

Mic drop.....

Everyone has their own opinions on where people should send their kids to school.I look at it like this.If I had another one coming up here in Kingsport and he was a really good basketball player like my dad was for Greeneville.Let's say South had a great basketball program,a state power and their coach was just the perfect coach and someone you wanted your son to play for.Then everyone else including DB just had a crap program with a crap coach.I'm going to tell you right now,he would go to south if I could make it happen.Every school in NET has people who have done well and went on to great things even if their school didn't have a top state ranked education like Greeneville  and DB.For the record,South had a football team one year that the offensive line all went on to become either doctors or lawyers { I think they were called the { Einstein line or something like that },so I'm not picking on them.Point is,I'm out for my kids first and if anyone doesn't try to give their own kid his best chance for success,then we are just different and that's fine.

2 hours ago, rebelsrecruit said:

Yes, Kids should play where they live.

To "some" it's not about athletics, It's about education. If i lived in Baileyton, and I have a kid in school, I'd be sending them to Greeneville instead of North Greene for the academic advantages. Athletics just comes with the territory. Now before you roast me, I know some parents send their kids out of zone just for athletics. However, for me, and for many more, I'd chose Greeneville City Schools over many other districts for the academics.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rebelsrecruit said:

Yes, Kids should play where they live.

I would move out of the state of Tn if your a football fan then because over 90% of the Schools in TN are classified as open zoned in the eyes of the TSSAA.  Any School Board that has official transfer Policy on file is classified as open zoned to TSSAA.  For example all of Knox County is opened Zoned then ,Knox County Schools have specific zones set up for school attendance. Knox County students must attend the school in the zone where their legal parents/guardians reside unless granted an approved transfer.  

A student transfer may be recommended for revocation for good and sufficient reasons, such as:
  • attendance
  • discipline
  • lack of academic progress
During the school year students may also be placed in a school outside of their zoned school by the Superintendent for the following reasons:
  • safety
  • welfare of the student
  • programming 
Edited by Swipes

I guess we got it covered guys.In Greene county you have a school that has the best of everything,"Greeneville" for both Sports and education.Now Greeneville isn't for all the county kids and I do understand that because I lived both in the county and back to the city.One of my grandfathers was a big diary famer and the other also a farmer.Some of my family would never send their kids to Greeneville and have them be a city slicker like I was.They would probably eat cow shet first .

21 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I would move out of the state of Tn if your a football fan then because over 90% of the Schools in TN are classified as open zoned in the eyes of the TSSAA.  Any School Board that has official transfer Policy on file is classified as open zoned to TSSAA.  For example all of Knox County is opened Zoned then ,Knox County Schools have specific zones set up for school attendance. Knox County students must attend the school in the zone where their legal parents/guardians reside unless granted an approved transfer.   

A student transfer may be recommended for revocation for good and sufficient reasons, such as: 
  • attendance
  • discipline
  • lack of academic progress
During the school year students may also be placed in a school outside of their zoned school by the Superintendent for the following reasons: 
  • safety
  • welfare of the student
  • programming 

This is where I (and others) struggle with the "open zone" concept. To TSSAA, if a school system has a transfer policy, no matter how restrictive, it is considered open zone. Twenty years ago, anyone could get a transfer in Knox County. Today, the KCS transfer policy is extremely restrictive, especially now that NCLB has been eliminated.

To me, open zone is essentially a "free for all"; for example, a new public school is opened in a county that already has other public schools, and the residents are given the option to send their child(ren) to any school in the county/district. This was common where I lived in Columbus, Ohio.

21 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

So going to Greeneville was akin to being a city slicker? I guess it's all relative.:popcorneater:

Yep,depends on where your from.I had someone who lives in a big city ask me how I could stand living out in the country like this,and I'm talking about Kingsport .When coming into McGhee Tyson a few months ago,a lady sitting next to me from the New York city area,thought we were going down into a field.

Edited by BatmanDevil

13 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Yep,depends on where your from.I had someone who lives in a big city ask me how I could stand living out in the country like this,and I'm talking about Kingsport .When coming into Mcgee Tyson a few months ago,a lady sitting next to me from the New York city area,thought we were going down into a field. 

Wow.

Early in my engineering career, I was recruiting new nuclear engineers to the Knoxville-area, and you wouldn't believe some of the misnomers that some of the "big city" kids have about Knoxville (and the South in general). I can't tell you how many times I had someone say with a straight face, "so, people actually wear shoes in Knoxville?"

Edited by osunut2

59 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Wow.

Early in my engineering career, I was recruiting new nuclear engineers to the Knoxville-area, and you wouldn't believe some of the misnomers that some of the "big city" kids have about Knoxville (and the South in general). I can't tell you how many times I had someone say with a straight face, "so, people actually wear shoes in Knoxville?"

It's the slow southern drawl that throws people off.Outside of spelling and that's what a spell check is for that Batman doesn't use.I love it when someone from outside of the south makes a statement about the locals intelligence.Had a guy from Pennsylvania go  on about how smart he was one day at work so much that we took an IQ test.I think mine was 135 and his was 112.He then said it wasn't a real test.I responded, can you imagine just how dam smart I'd be on a real test !!

Edited by BatmanDevil