Cordova at Whitehaven, Week 3

kwc

The season has just begun....we still have guys that have yet to suit up...OL McBride has yet to play.  a FR is holding it down so far. Still missing a big DT. Now our LB is out a couple weeks. We still haven't put all on the field yet but still managing win....hall say this every year that we are not a top team but every year we are one of the last 4 teams standing....dont speak to soon fellas!!!

7 hours ago, eastMustang said:

coach10ac, you are correct. Coach and everybody else is baffled that TSSAA's final ruling was to make those 3 kids ineligible. They did everything they were supposed to. They filed the hardship and even got a letter from East's Executive Principal saying they were in good standing and the move was NOT for athletic reasons. They still made those kids ineligible under the coaching link. Otherwise, they would be eligible, like the other 12 kids that left the overall bad situation at East. They are clearly not about the kids. Justin Lynn was at Cordova before coach even got the job. So that is a double whammy for that kid. Believe me, they are a different offense with that kid pulling the trigger.

It is mystifying that kids from Kingbury are eligible to play at East under the same situation with a coaching link present. Cordova is asking how that can be and their kids are not. 

Anyway, I figure it to be a good and exciting contest between two good teams that may meet again sometime in November. Cordova's offense is more explosive than Whitehaven's.

Keys:
Cordova needs a fast start, but has ability to come from behind with explosive plays.
Special Teams may play a factor. A kickoff return or punt return for TD can be difference in game.
Both teams have been good at causing turnovers, so the turnover battle is crucial in this one. 
This game is a strength check for both teams, and will help both make adjustments going forward.

Some of that blame has to go to the coach because he knew the rule and regardless if they were goin to file for hardship or not, they knew was a strong chance those kids wouldn't be able to play!! The smart ones got out and didn risk it. Tough luck for the QB Lynn, he cant even transfer!! But again both sides knew the risk before school started...our girls BBall team went through the same thing, but rather than making the girls miss they're last year the coach sat out so they could play....I knew wimberley wouldn't do that for nobody!!!!

49 minutes ago, coach10ac said:

The season has just begun....we still have guys that have yet to suit up...OL McBride has yet to play.  a FR is holding it down so far. Still missing a big DT. Now our LB is out a couple weeks. We still haven't put all on the field yet but still managing win....hall say this every year that we are not a top team but every year we are one of the last 4 teams standing....dont speak to soon fellas!!!

Yeah, that is GREAT news about McBride. I'm glad the big fella is finally getting to suit up. That must be one heck of a freshman offensive tackle to be taking big McBride's place on the OL. I tell you this ... when that OL does actually jell ... oooo weee ... watch out! IT is ALWAYS a good thing when you have a FRESHMAN who can step in and play for a SENIOR. Especially, one as special as McBride is.

I'm glad that Bryson will oly be out for 2 weeks. With the type of injury he got, it could have been worse. So, he will be back for North Little Rock, hopefully. That is VERY good news.

I'm going to have to find out who this big DT you are talking about coach10ac. You have me curious now.

When does Sean WIlder come back? I know he is chomping at the bit to get on the field.

Edited by kwc

Can’t get any Memphis football talk overboard the D2 board, so guess I’ll join in here! After watching the games last Saturday, I will say I was very impressed with Cordova and not as much so Whitehaven. However I also know what Whitehaven has and how good they always are. I’m going to go with Whitehaven in a close, high scoring game because like someone mentioned earlier, it seems like Cordova has had trouble getting over the hump against them the last few years. 

Hate to hear about the young men who transferred and now have to sit. Hopefully the “final” ruling will not be final and they find a way to do right by the kids. Sometimes I think the TSSAA forgets that their rules really affect 14-18 year olds and not grown adults. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, coach10ac said:

Some of that blame has to go to the coach because he knew the rule and regardless if they were goin to file for hardship or not, they knew was a strong chance those kids wouldn't be able to play!! The smart ones got out and didn risk it. Tough luck for the QB Lynn, he cant even transfer!! But again both sides knew the risk before school started...our girls BBall team went through the same thing, but rather than making the girls miss they're last year the coach sat out so they could play....I knew wimberley (Wimberly) wouldn't do that for nobody!!!!

Here we go!!! Soooo, you know Wimberly personally or something? I'm sure the situations are not the same. So before you talk like you know someone's character, please know the facts. Wimberly sitting out would not solve anything. The link rule applies to any coach or trainer that had contact with the athlete. So being that 7 out of the 10 coaches at Cordova was on his staff at East, Wimberly stepping down wouldn't solve anything. You would be left with 3 coaches with 85 players...

Yes, everyone knew the risk, but when you have a reorganization of a school such as East, you have a letter from East stating the move of the students was not for athletic reasons, and you have met every other transfer exception, plus in Lynn's case he was enrolled in the school before hire date of Wimberly. When you have all of those factors, the kids should be eligible hands down. There have been kids granted eligibility with far less supporting evidence. So the risk was always there, but with all of that documentation, it should have swung in their favor. Like I stated before, there are kids in Memphis with the same conditions (coaching link) that were granted eligibility. I'm sure they don't have as much as these kids had. 

But just know what you are talking about. I hate when people make assumptions about people they don't even know.  

13 hours ago, coach10ac said:

Must be niceeee "Lyfe Jennings voice" lol

17 hours ago, WilsonJr1990 said:

Sometimes I think the TSSAA forgets that their rules really affect 14-18 year olds and not grown adults. 

They know. It just doesn't seem that way at times though. However, its the grown folks who try and manipulate the rules on behalf of the 14-18 year olds that concerns TSSAA.  I understand what they are trying to do. Its difficult, at best, to get it right every time. I don't know if transparency is the issue, to be honest. I definately don't have an answer to their delima.

Rock ... meet hard place.

7 hours ago, kwc said:

coach10ac:

You know you left me hanging don't you?

My bad kdub....its a busy week in  da haven!!! DL Zion Walker is another waiting to get cleared to play. Haven't got word and Sean yet...did I mention havenview is 3-0 now. Took down Bellevue this pass weekend...but like I said we still working out kinks with transfers and starters out. But hey we will be fine