IFL Classic: Maryville vs Out of State

Governm

3 hours ago, DeathValley said:

This is a team I would love to see how Maryville stacked up against. We root against them due to the fact we see the same ol year end and year out beat downs from a dynasty of Tennessee, we get it, the ville is good. But in the end, we need to see them stretch their wings go out into the unknown and see just how great they are. Even a competitive 20+ point loss would allow us to understand, yes they are capable of out coaching or just being that dang good at all levels. Will we ever know........

By now, you have to be pretty stupid not to know that Maryville would be competitive with other top teams in other states. My question would be would those other top teams be competitive with Maryville? I'm not so sure those other top teams have the coaching Maryville has. I say Maryville has one of the best high school staffs in the country. What about the dedication by the players, from top to bottom. Somebody prove me wrong. Give it your best shot.

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Say we go beat Hoover then it would be there's a team in California or Texas you need to play.

52 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

The premise for this thread is all wrong...   Maryville should schedule the Carolina Panthers and Atlanta Falcons.   Both of these teams qualify for "out of state" but yet they are close enough to allow fans to attend without having to fly.

Exactly!!!  Nothing will ever be good enough for those who hate that Maryville is such a great program! heck, someone on here last year or the year before claims that GQ recruited my son from ALASKA!!!  I mean, we moved here when he was eight months old!   COME ON PEOPLE!  Nothing will EVER be good enough for some of you until Maryville becomes a losing program, which will never happen.

11 hours ago, OldRebel2 said:

It's expensive. Everyone who wants the Rebels to play out of state should ante up with the donation funds to make it happen. If you guys will do that, I'll try to help make it happen. Put your money where your mouth is!

That's actually a very good response to this question that everyone in Knoxville keeps asking every year.  A few years ago it was all  "Fulton could beat Alcoa or Maryville, why don't they play ?"

Now its the out of state stuff.

2 hours ago, 32hammer said:

That's actually a very good response to this question that everyone in Knoxville keeps asking every year.  A few years ago it was all  "Fulton could beat Alcoa or Maryville, why don't they play ?"

Now its the out of state stuff.

Agreed & I don't want my tax $ going for a unnecessary game out of state.  Everyone else, send your donations to 825 Lawrence Street, Maryville, TN 37803.  When the necessary funds are raised, the admin will try to schedule such a game.  I'll let you know!

Edited by OldRebel2

12 hours ago, pepvol said:

Is there magic fairy Dust on every Football team that is on the other side of the Tennessee State Line ? I don't think Coach Hunt's IFL record is going to be any better than Coach Quarles's Record ... It really is a weak spot in the Maryville Program ... a dirty little secret ... we NEVER , EVER Win a game in the IFL !!

Now pep, I'll remind you that the Rebels are 1 & whatever in the IFL per Stephan Cooper.  https://blountpressrow.com/2013/11/maryville-vs-fulton/

30 minutes ago, OldRebel2 said:

Now pep, I'll remind you that the Rebels are 1 & whatever in the IFL per Stephan Cooper.  https://blountpressrow.com/2013/11/maryville-vs-fulton/

How has Fulton done vs Alcoa and Maryville over the past 10 years when they've played? I think they are winless. Not an accident that Fulton's best teams were years they didn't schedule Maryville or Alcoa.

1 hour ago, Compton said:

Stars post a picture of the maryville stadium at full capacity, each maryville home game on the low end brings in about 35k. Db sells over 2k in season tickets every year, they send 400+ plus band members 2 the rose bowl and Macy day parade in alternate years. Blackman and Oakland doesn't have the fanbase as maryville and they both still funded themselves 2 Alabama, what am I'm missing here why the maryville doesn't have the funds.

Didn't say they didn't have the funds.  I'm merely pointing out that those who want the out of state game so badly should be willing to pay for it....not those of us who couldn't care less about the out of state game.  

12 hours ago, WillieTheWildcats said:

Shut up Willie. Do not stick your whiskers into this. You just mind your own business...

I can't help myself. I would love to see how Hoover (AL) would do against the Rebels. I would also like to see if Oak Ridge could hang with Hoover. I think Hoover would be too much for Oak Ridge but MHS would take them in a similar fashion they took down Oakland.

I'd love OR to play Alcoa so we would not have to travel to Kentucky! Since the latest Coach the Wildcats won't even do spring of fall scrimmages....

• Upvote 1