South Pittsburg vs Marion County(Grider against that Mathis man)

Roy Dillard

8 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

11 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Jest who yous been listening to, OP done and heard similar chatter!  Still waiting on whether yous helping with the provisionable seating fer Jasper coaches?

Some of Roy's closest kin down there around the Speedway and friends at the Red Eye!!!! No help from me on the seats for the coaches!!! They need to be standing anyways

On 9/5/2018 at 8:58 AM, MarionMadness said:

We will be ready to play this game. Coach Mathis will have us in the right positions and will have some good plays ready. I know that he had some more plays last week vs Bledsoe that he saved for this game. If they had tied us last week then he was going to have to run them in overtime but since our defense stopped them it let Coach Mathis save his plays he had saved for overtime. Pitchburg is a good team but they are not as good as last year. If we do not make mistakes we will have a chance to win the game. I think we have been saving our best plays for this game and the Tyner game because they are the best teams we play early in our season. Toney, and Alex will do their thing in this game and will not be stopped. We have a whole lot of good running backs that will be ready to play in this game. We just have to play better defense. If we do then we will have a chance vs Pitchburg. As always it is a great day to be a warrior!

FEAR THE SPREAD, FEAR THE TEAM, & FEAR THE BEARD!

Man you're not even funny anymore. You're sad.  

• Like 1

Talked to one of the Dad's of a MC player today and he said they had I think 20 seniors this year on there team and last Friday during the game with Bledsoe they had 6 sophs, and 1 freshman playing defense.  Usually when your sr loaded like that you usually have a good year, so maybe that's what we were all thinking about the MC team coming into this year. But, the younger guy's if they can get through this rough stretch unhurt, it will be a learning experience, and will help them be alot better the next two years or so. 

31 minutes ago, sportman said:

Talked to one of the Dad's of a MC player today and he said they had I think 20 seniors this year on there team and last Friday during the game with Bledsoe they had 6 sophs, and 1 freshman playing defense.  Usually when your sr loaded like that you usually have a good year, so maybe that's what we were all thinking about the MC team coming into this year. But, the younger guy's if they can get through this rough stretch unhurt, it will be a learning experience, and will help them be alot better the next two years or so. 

Offense is a lot of the same and several seniors and juniors who are starting have never started or played much either

6 minutes ago, FootballFan75 said:

Offense is a lot of the same and several seniors and juniors who are starting have never started or played much either

Experience is what makes a team, not being a senior. Seniors don't make you a good football player and it will be proven tomorrow. Young Pirates beat Jasper it maybe it's because we have muskets and cannons and they have Spears and arrows. Food for thought

6 minutes ago, MrLegit said:

Experience is what makes a team, not being a senior. Seniors don't make you a good football player and it will be proven tomorrow. Young Pirates beat Jasper it maybe it's because we have muskets and cannons and they have Spears and arrows. Food for thought

Agreed 100%...Although you won't be playing many seniors tomorrow is what I was getting at

Dearest Mother-

I write to you on the eve of our impending battle.  Captain Victory has trained his Band of Pirates for whatever we may face against Captain Fear Beard and his purple clad warriors. This epic rivalry is the greatest ever known in the history of all mankind. These battles will be told throughout generations to come. Till the Sun no longer shines upon the inhabitants of Mother Earth.  I have been given a special charge by the Captain.  I shall guard The Beene tonight from any attempted shenanigans from the outsiders. We have the place surrounded.  The Flying Zucchini Brothers are doing 24 hour aerial surveillance along with D60 and his triangulated cameras. We are all in radio contact with the Drunken Sailor.  Anyone that comes near the Beene without the express written consent of the Captain will be thrown into the stockade beside that Bass man who fell asleep on his very first watch. And is also rumored to be having a love affair with the Whitwells.  Sweet Mother of mine, tomorrow the Earth will tremble and the ground shall shake as soon as the battle commences.  But have no fear.  We are led by Captain Victory and we shall come out on the other side victorious and set the Earth back on its axis.-

Sergeant Southtowner 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Southtowner said:

Dearest Mother-

I write to you on the eve of our impending battle.  Captain Victory has trained his Band of Pirates for whatever we may face against Captain Fear Beard and his purple clad warriors. This epic rivalry is the greatest ever known in the history of all mankind. These battles will be told throughout generations to come. Till the Sun no longer shines upon the inhabitants of Mother Earth.  I have been given a special charge by the Captain.  I shall guard The Beene tonight from any attempted shenanigans from the outsiders. We have the place surrounded.  The Flying Zucchini Brothers are doing 24 hour aerial surveillance along with D60 and his triangulated cameras. We are all in radio contact with the Drunken Sailor.  Anyone that comes near the Beene without the express written consent of the Captain will be thrown into the stockade beside that Bass man who fell asleep on his very first watch. And is also rumored to be having a love affair with the Whitwells.  Sweet Mother of mine, tomorrow the Earth will tremble and the ground shall shake as soon as the battle commences.  But have no fear.  We are led by Captain Victory and we shall come out on the other side victorious and set the Earth back on its axis.-

Sergeant Southtowner 

I'd come here to read these eveb if I didnt like football. 

Well, the big rivalry game.In my opinion, this is the break down...The coaching of the Pirates staff overall will play a big factor in this game. The upset at Beene two years ago was nothing but coaching. Jasper had better talent but we were better coached up. Yes, the pirates have a couple linemen dinged up who are good players. However, I think the Warriors line is very small up front. As Legit would say, every battle is won in the trenches. I wouldn't be surprised at all for Raulston to have a day like he did last year. This will be the first four quarter game for the Pirates since Sequatchie so like always cramps makes me nervous with us. I think Isaiah will have some success throwing the ball for Jasper. I think they will move the ball some. However, the speed of our defense does not bode well for what they like to do. With that being said...and I'm thinking a game within two touchdowns at half..

SP- 49

Jasper-14