Greeneville Vs. Science Hill

DevilMan03

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

That set the tone for the rest of the game in a way......     Maryville fumbles the opening kickoff.   DB gets it on about the 15.    DB's first play they fumble it right back to Maryville.     Maryville's first play, one of their backs goes off the left side untouched for 85 yards.    16 seconds into the game and Maryville is up 7-0 and never looked back.

That was a better game than you make it sound. I don't think the fumble set the tone for the game. It was still a 7 point game midway through the 3rd quarter until Maryville did what Maryville does.

28 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

That was a better game than you make it sound. I don't think the fumble set the tone for the game. It was still a 7 point game midway through the 3rd quarter until Maryville did what Maryville does.

It was a great game, and the atmosphere was incredible as well.     The tension in the air was almost life-like.    I thought DB players left everything on the field but they got outcoached in my opinion.     And let's face it, part of the problem for that 2012 team is they had never been behind in the prior 12 games and had played mostly local tri-cities teams to the tune of 65-6 type of scores.    That makes it very difficult to prepare to go against an opponent like Maryville.    You really wonder what would have happened if DB had scored first on that opening fumble recovery.   Oh well, Sevier County coming up this week....   That should be an easy win for DB, seriously the bears are just not very impressive this year.

5 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

Guys,if your team is good enough,most games turn out to be cupcakes.makes it very hard on a coach to get his top players game time and prepared for the playoffs without looking like an azz.Greeneville has done about all you can do to prepare as a 4A team.They play three 6A teams that most every year dominant this area and always have good athletes.Im not looking past SH and after this game won't look past any team.I don't care who it is .Come playoff time,all we need to remember is two years ago.Nobody figured past KC, Fulton or Greeneville as the state champs.None of the above made it to the semi's.

WE have to show up Friday night and play a perfect game of football to compete with Greeneville. The kids are hungry and very disappointed with the loss to DB Friday night. Tough opponent to play after a tough emotional loss. Coach will have a good game plan and the kids ready to play. 

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

It was a great game, and the atmosphere was incredible as well.     The tension in the air was almost life-like.    I thought DB players left everything on the field but they got outcoached in my opinion.     And let's face it, part of the problem for that 2012 team is they had never been behind in the prior 12 games and had played mostly local tri-cities teams to the tune of 65-6 type of scores.    That makes it very difficult to prepare to go against an opponent like Maryville.    You really wonder what would have happened if DB had scored first on that opening fumble recovery.   Oh well, Sevier County coming up this week....   That should be an easy win for DB, seriously the bears are just not very impressive this year.

…...and theres that "mostly tri-cities teams" thing again. Practically every team has a number of cup cakes on their schedule. Year after year I don't think DB has any more cup cakes than anybody else. They did play Farragut, Clinton, Sevier Co.(twice), Bearden, and Science Hill's best team ever, and beat them all that year. The one thing you did mention (being outcoached) is the reason and the only reason they lost to Maryville. And that is something that seems to happen to every single team that plays Maryville. 

14 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

…...and theres that "mostly tri-cities teams" thing again. Practically every team has a number of cup cakes on their schedule. Year after year I don't think DB has any more cup cakes than anybody else. They did play Farragut, Clinton, Sevier Co.(twice), Bearden, and Science Hill's best team ever, and beat them all that year. The one thing you did mention (being outcoached) is the reason and the only reason they lost to Maryville. And that is something that seems to happen to every single team that plays Maryville. 

The "mostly tri-cities teams" was referring to the regular season.    I count 7 tri-cities teams out of 10 reg season games.   Discounting Science Hill, the average score was 62-10, counting SH the avg was 59-13.   No matter how you slice it, this was perhaps the best DB team to ever take the field.

Aug. 17  Farragut             W 42-14 
Aug. 24  at Clinton           W 44-6 
Aug. 30  at Sullivan South    W 56-13 
Sep. 7   at Sevier County     W 51-21 
Sep. 14  Daniel Boone         W 56-21 
Sep. 28  at Sullivan Central  W 75-0 
Oct. 5   David Crockett       W 73-0 
Oct. 12  at Tennessee         W 70-24 
Oct. 19  Volunteer            W 43-0 
Oct. 26  Science Hill         W 37-34 
---------------- playoffs ------------------------
Nov. 2   Bearden              W 35-7 
Nov. 9   Sevier County        W 28-21 
Nov. 16  Maryville            L 20-41 

45 minutes ago, toppernationfan said:

WE have to show up Friday night and play a perfect game of football to compete with Greeneville. The kids are hungry and very disappointed with the loss to DB Friday night. Tough opponent to play after a tough emotional loss. Coach will have a good game plan and the kids ready to play. 

The reason I would not overlook your Toppers ,because they could show up and play the perfect game.I think except for the turnovers,that's what DB came close to doing against SH.

44 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

The "mostly tri-cities teams" was referring to the regular season.    I count 7 tri-cities teams out of 10 reg season games.   Discounting Science Hill, the average score was 62-10, counting SH the avg was 59-13.   No matter how you slice it, this was perhaps the best DB team to ever take the field.

Aug. 17  Farragut             W 42-14 
Aug. 24  at Clinton           W 44-6 
Aug. 30  at Sullivan South    W 56-13 
Sep. 7   at Sevier County     W 51-21 
Sep. 14  Daniel Boone         W 56-21 
Sep. 28  at Sullivan Central  W 75-0 
Oct. 5   David Crockett       W 73-0 
Oct. 12  at Tennessee         W 70-24 
Oct. 19  Volunteer            W 43-0 
Oct. 26  Science Hill         W 37-34 
---------------- playoffs ------------------------
Nov. 2   Bearden              W 35-7 
Nov. 9   Sevier County        W 28-21 
Nov. 16  Maryville            L 20-41 

Just looking back,take a look at Sevier county game during the regular season and playoffs.Cant remember when the QB got hurt that year if it was before ,during or after that regular season game.I think it was the year before when DB was leading them 28-0 at the half and lost.

1 hour ago, BatmanDevil said:

Just looking back,take a look at Sevier county game during the regular season and playoffs.Cant remember when the QB got hurt that year if it was before ,during or after that regular season game.I think it was the year before when DB was leading them 28-0 at the half and lost.

Im pretty sure the QB was injured in the Sevier Co. regular season game.