Trousdale @ Gordonsville

croz6110

1 hour ago, JacketNationFan1 said:

You must not know much about TC history if you think that 08&09 team was best in school history, we had a team that didn't win it(2002) that would have mercy ruled those 2 teams. Much less the teams in the 90s and the 05 team. Personally imo the 09 team is the worst state championship team we've had, the 08-09 teams had a ton of heart which helped will them to 2 rings.

My money is on the 97, 98, and 05 teams. I played against the 97-98 teams and saw the 05 team. I don't see how any team could be better than them. However, I didn't see the 02 team.

18 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

My money is on the 97, 98, and 05 teams. I played against the 97-98 teams and saw the 05 team. I don't see how any team could be better than them. However, I didn't see the 02 team.

02 team consisted of Mr. Football T.T. Harper and Wesley Satterfield along with a Hard Nosed Sr Class and some talented underclassmen. Reason you didnt see them is because TC played 3A at that point. Lost to Knoxville Fulton in Semifinals in OT. 

Being that i played on the '05 team you would think i would be biased towards that team but IMO 97 & 98 were the 2 best teams to come through yet. 

Miss seeing you around Croz. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, CharlieTweeder said:

Creasy would have this team sitting at 3-0 with ease.  He knows when something isn't broke you don't have to fix it.  The offensive play calling has been something I have questioned.  If you run something the whole night and have success, why deviate from it when things get tough?????  Creasy would also have control over this team.  Players wouldn't be mouthing to players and coaches wouldn't be popping off to other coaches.  The TALENT is there this year on the Creekbank, there is no doubt about that.  But there are still a lot of questions about this program.  

I think part of the issue is, there are a couple of (or 3 or 4) apples in the bunch that have out grown their britches! Talented no dont, but some are playing for ME, ME, ME and not the Team. Me players can take over a game, but in the end, A TEAM will beat that ME Player(s). Inside word to TC is there are some ME players. Selfishness has no place on a Team. "Humble yourself before someone Humbles you,"

1 hour ago, CharlieTweeder said:

Creasy would have this team sitting at 3-0 with ease.  He knows when something isn't broke you don't have to fix it.  The offensive play calling has been something I have questioned.  If you run something the whole night and have success, why deviate from it when things get tough?????  Creasy would also have control over this team.  Players wouldn't be mouthing to players and coaches wouldn't be popping off to other coaches.  The TALENT is there this year on the Creekbank, there is no doubt about that.  But there are still a lot of questions about this program.  

You are hilarious. Creasy let the players run the program when he was here. He let kids get by with doing whatever they wanted. He didn’t make them lift weights and he let them do whatever. He knew he wasn’t staying here. This team this year has talent but you are playing without a quarterback period. Every team has 9-10 guys in box. The OL is doing amazing considering that. Creasy would be probably the same record right now. Not sure if he would have beaten friendship or not to be honest because he struggled against them. Every time TC loses some idiot posts that Creasy would have done this or that. Look Creasy hates TC. He was ready to leave here after his first year. He makes fun of this place all the time over at Oakland. To be honest if he don’t win it at Oakland this year his welcome there may be short lived. Creasy has no control of his team at Oakland either. One of his coaches there that use to be here said it’s like a combat zone there everyday. So go be with Creasy at Oakland before making up stuff that’s not true and just your opinion. 

37 minutes ago, BCB~MVP said:

I think part of the issue is, there are a couple of (or 3 or 4) apples in the bunch that have out grown their britches! Talented no dont, but some are playing for ME, ME, ME and not the Team. Me players can take over a game, but in the end, A TEAM will beat that ME Player(s). Inside word to TC is there are some ME players. Selfishness has no place on a Team. "Humble yourself before someone Humbles you,"

If this team was 5 points better and 3-0 there would be zero discussion on here. I use to be able to go to all practices before moving but I was able to go on Monday since it was Labor Day and I wanted to see the teams demranor after a tough loss against Watertown. I was really surprised. The kids were focused in and working hard. But you know kids are kids and not every kid is gonna have same mentality as others and all come from all walks of life! 

43 minutes ago, Volstate said:

You are hilarious. Creasy let the players run the program when he was here. He let kids get by with doing whatever they wanted. He didn’t make them lift weights and he let them do whatever. He knew he wasn’t staying here. This team this year has talent but you are playing without a quarterback period. Every team has 9-10 guys in box. The OL is doing amazing considering that. Creasy would be probably the same record right now. Not sure if he would have beaten friendship or not to be honest because he struggled against them. Every time TC loses some idiot posts that Creasy would have done this or that. Look Creasy hates TC. He was ready to leave here after his first year. He makes fun of this place all the time over at Oakland. To be honest if he don’t win it at Oakland this year his welcome there may be short lived. Creasy has no control of his team at Oakland either. One of his coaches there that use to be here said it’s like a combat zone there everyday. So go be with Creasy at Oakland before making up stuff that’s not true and just your opinion. 

Listen the fact you think creasy can't coach is your opinion the record and facts show he wins, he played under coach sharp at Lewis county, he coached under Clint Satterfield which is 2 hall of fame coaches and imo creasy is headed in the same direction, just because a coach is a players coach doesn't mean he doesn't control the team. Creasy left TC for a boat load of more money and to get out of clints shadow, he wants to prove he can do it by himself and you can't hate on a man because of that. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BCB~MVP said:

02 team consisted of Mr. Football T.T. Harper and Wesley Satterfield along with a Hard Nosed Sr Class and some talented underclassmen. Reason you didnt see them is because TC played 3A at that point. Lost to Knoxville Fulton in Semifinals in OT. 

Being that i played on the '05 team you would think i would be biased towards that team but IMO 97 & 98 were the 2 best teams to come through yet. 

If TT would have been 5'10 180 he would have played in the SEC, he was unbelievable, and Wesley is now the OC at Austin Peay 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JacketNationFan1 said:

Listen the fact you think creasy can't coach is your opinion the record and facts show he wins, he played under coach sharp at Lewis county, he coached under Clint Satterfield which is 2 hall of fame coaches and imo creasy is headed in the same direction, just because a coach is a players coach doesn't mean he doesn't control the team. Creasy left TC for a boat load of more money and to get out of clints shadow, he wants to prove he can do it by himself and you can't hate on a man because of that. 

Creasy was a great coach. I think Waggoner is a good coach. It’s easy to downgrade anyone when they lose a game. TC has played a tough schedule in first 3 games and very easily could have been 3-0 without their best player playing. What I have seen out of this team that I haven’t seen in atleast 4-5 years is a team that will fight till the end. That tells me they are a team. I am a proud alumn that has two state championship rings. I hate when the Jackets lose but I have seen a team now for 3 straight weeks that has laid it on the field for 4 quarters. All these posters that are trying to downgrade TC or downgrade previous coaches are on their own agendas. I think we have a staff that is working hard and that is definitely dissapointed in the loss last week but they are on to the next game. We as fans and former players need to be the same way. A long season left and it will be interesting to see how it finishes. Tough losses tell you about your team. Tells you about your coaches. I hope we see that fighting spirit in Gordonsville Friday night!

TCAlumn

1 hour ago, BCB~MVP said:

It was comical to watch the 97-98 teams destroy  their competition in the Clinic Bowl. 

If you come to the game Friday, I guarantee you'll see me.

2 hours ago, Volstate said:

It seems like you have something personal with Creasy but he is a better coach than what we have now the offense would not have had bad play calling and far as friendship goes this coach lost last year to friendship everyone that lives here makes fun of TC that's not big deal if he leaves Oakland and comes back here im sure he would be welcomed with open arms 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RTD said:

It seems like you have something personal with Creasy but he is a better coach than what we have now the offense would not have had bad play calling and far as friendship goes this coach lost last year to friendship everyone that lives here makes fun of TC that's not big deal if he leaves Oakland and comes back here im sure he would be welcomed with open arms 

Look I’m a Creasy former player and I wish he had never left and volstate has an ax to grind. He’s a great great coach. But I’m telling you, I have been around the program a lot this year, and this offense is doing about as well as it can with the quarterback that’s having to fill in till the starter is back. It’s lot harder calling plays when you can’t throw the ball and qb is not much of a runner. I can tell you this, Creasy would not come back here period. The same folks that are on here raising complaints is the same ones that use to do it way back when. Heck they did same thing with Coach Clint. TC lost two games, one by a point and one to lebanon by 4. I personally didn’t think TC would be able to make it without the qb playing. It’s been kinda amazing they still had chances to win all three games playing without a qb. And I do think Creasy makes it to Cookeville this year. He’s got more talent than everyone in 6a. And don’t be surprised to here I told you so about the Jackets when they get their qb back. People don’t understand that this kid could have probably been a finalist for Mr. Football if he hadn’t made a mistake. But lets hope for no injuries going forward! 

Edited by Jacketsalumn02