South Pittsburg vs David Lipscomb school(Grider against this Tillman man)

Roy Dillard

21 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

This score got you thinking this one would be closer didn’t it? I told you I think they are a pretty solid football team. Again, if they were in 1A I think they would be a top 5-6 team in the state and could compete with anyone in 1A and give them a good game. 

What’s good about them? 

20 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

This score got you thinking this one would be closer didn’t it? I told you I think they are a pretty solid football team. Again, if they were in 1A I think they would be a top 5-6 team in the state and could compete with anyone in 1A and give them a good game. 

I originally said 14 to 21 i have settled on 14.I did think GP would play better,but dont know the situation.Maybe DL got some players back or GP had some out.Still will be a test.

2 minutes ago, AllAboutTheW said:

What’s good about them? 

Looking at scores and seeing a game on NFHS network. They don’t have Whitwell type athletes, but they look pretty good to me. They haven’t really been beaten badly by anyone they have played. Records can be deceiving when teams play terrible teams vs solid teams. 1A football doesn’t have a lot of good teams. This Lipscomb team would be able to compete with the top 1A teams. It doesn’t matter how “down” Ensworth is they are still a D2 large program. 

Just now, TheAmbassador said:

Looking at scores and seeing a game on NFHS network. They don’t have Whitwell type athletes, but they look pretty good to me. They haven’t really been beaten badly by anyone they have played. Records can be deceiving when teams play terrible teams vs solid teams. 1A football doesn’t have a lot of good teams. This Lipscomb team would be able to compete with the top 1A teams. It doesn’t matter how “down” Ensworth is they are still a D2 large program. 

Gotcha, I just didn’t know if they had athletes or just big and tough 

6 hours ago, MrLegit said:

Watched DL they have good size but are slow. If they would shorten their splits and run on us every play we may wear down in the 4th but I think we are too much for them and should win easily. If they turn the ball over any it may get ugly

it will be a good test for the Pirates before playoff time. DL has always been well coached and had disciplined players.