South Pittsburg vs David Lipscomb school(Grider against this Tillman man)

Roy Dillard

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

You saw what i saw! Ensworth had a hard time with a Knoxville Webb team that I think any of the top 5 teams in 1A would beat this year.

I also agree with the Ambassador about Baylor that would be a hard task for any of us to beat them I think we could give them a game the top four teams that is.but I do think that they would more than likely be victorious just by looking at how they handle Notre Dame.Notre Dame struggled with cak for a little while but they ended up beating them by almost 20 Greenback railed cak and I think we could take care of Notre Dame in a very good game.

I've not seen Baylor this year but have a friend that is close to the Baylor program that said they are down this year. It would be hard for any 1a school to beat Baylor,McCallie,any of your D2 schools but I do think it is possible. Especially during one of their down seasons.  

11 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Ok, what do you know?

IDK but all I can say is that the off date we have this week couldn't have come at a better time. To be honest, and I know alot will disagree with me on this, but I'd rest the injured till the Whitwell game bc LA is not a region game and Copper Basin is another cupcake as well as Homecoming the next week against that home school or whatever they are from Atlanta.  If they feel ok let them get some reps in to stay sharp at times, but as far as playing even a half game, there's no way I'd risk anymore injuries.  Bigger picture a head for us and without key player's back at that time for Whitwell, well we'd be in trouble.. 

Old Pirate says the Pirates enter dangerous territory with some rough sailing ahead. The key is to get better fast and eliminate or minimize injuries. There is a strong argument the Pirates are not as good as they think they are. The obvious fundamental break downs last week support that argument. The flip side argument is the Pirates mercy ruled Jasper with the terrible execution. Reality is, Jasper was not a good team & the Pirates need a lot of improvement & consistency to make it to Cooksville. 

43 minutes ago, OLD PIRATE said:

Old Pirate says the Pirates enter dangerous territory with some rough sailing ahead. The key is to get better fast and eliminate or minimize injuries. There is a strong argument the Pirates are not as good as they think they are. The obvious fundamental break downs last week support that argument. The flip side argument is the Pirates mercy ruled Jasper with the terrible execution. Reality is, Jasper was not a good team & the Pirates need a lot of improvement & consistency to make it to Cooksville. 

You make a lot of sense about this quote.  The center to QB exchange was the worst I have ever seen in SP history.  From what I tried to count up with the bad snaps we lost over 30 yards and still had almost 500 yards rushing .  Also we have to get well in a hurry.  Nobody is feeling sorry for us anytime soon. I don't think Coach Grider will get any get well soon card's for some of our key player's who have nagging injuries.  We do have a great team, but also we have a long way to go to make a deep run in the playoff's.

On 9/11/2018 at 9:02 PM, MrLegit said:

Hate to tell you but Baylor is not that good and I think greenback the pirates and those super heros whitwell would beat Baylor too

There is a dozen teams that has ever came through the school that could beat Baylor and this team isn’t one of them. Don’t kid yourself. There is a massive difference in size, line play and depth in D2 Large classification and 1A football 

Edited by TonyHorton91281

8 hours ago, orngnblk said:

You saw what i saw! Ensworth had a hard time with a Knoxville Webb team that I think any of the top 5 teams in 1A would beat this year.

I also agree with the Ambassador about Baylor that would be a hard task for any of us to beat them I think we could give them a game the top four teams that is.but I do think that they would more than likely be victorious just by looking at how they handle Notre Dame.Notre Dame struggled with cak for a little while but they ended up beating them by almost 20 Greenback railed cak and I think we could take care of Notre Dame in a very good game.

You can’t compare scores. That’s impossible to predict the outcome of another game. Football many times is about matchups. D2 large schools on a down year could play the 1A state champion every single year and win 8 out of 10 times. Once every 5 years 1A would have special enough team or teams (2-3) to beat a school like that. Not because of lack of skill players but because lack of line play and depth up front. Back to SP....they are down right now with all the injuries and really need to get healthy. Players quitting the team this year has zapped the Pirates depth up front compared to last year. I wish they could make a run and beat Whitwell both times and upset Greenback to have a shot at a Gold Ball just to make the kids regret ever quitting. Long ways to go though. Regardless of outcome this year the next fews seasons could be special.

Edited by TonyHorton91281

54 minutes ago, TonyHorton91281 said:

You can’t compare scores. That’s impossible to predict the outcome of another game. Football many times is about matchups. D2 large schools on a down year could play the 1A state champion every single year and win 8 out of 10 times. Once every 5 years 1A would have special enough team or teams (2-3) to beat a school like that. Not because of lack of skill players but because lack of line play and depth up front. Back to SP....they are down right now with all the injuries and really need to get healthy. Players quitting the team this year has zapped the Pirates depth up front compared to last year. I wish they could make a run and beat Whitwell both times and upset Greenback to have a shot at a Gold Ball just to make the kids regret ever quitting. Long ways to go though. Next 2 seasons should be special though

Those that quit were me player's and not team player's.  

1 hour ago, TonyHorton91281 said:

You can’t compare scores. That’s impossible to predict the outcome of another game. Football many times is about matchups. D2 large schools on a down year could play the 1A state champion every single year and win 8 out of 10 times. Once every 5 years 1A would have special enough team or teams (2-3) to beat a school like that. Not because of lack of skill players but because lack of line play and depth up front. Back to SP....they are down right now with all the injuries and really need to get healthy. Players quitting the team this year has zapped the Pirates depth up front compared to last year. I wish they could make a run and beat Whitwell both times and upset Greenback to have a shot at a Gold Ball just to make the kids regret ever quitting. Long ways to go though. Regardless of outcome this year the next fews seasons could be special.

I agree totally on comparing scores.Im not much of a score type person,i was just yapping.I have watched ND i am serious about beating them.But they are not on our schedule so who care!LOL.Lots of times those QUITTERS make the TEAM better.Good luck to you all and keep the kids healthy.