AP POLL CLASS 2A SEPT 10 2018

Southtowner

59 minutes ago, peabodypride said:

Bass check this out,fun fact,U.C schedule average equates to a over teams average ranking of 70th ranking in the entire state! SN is 286 played against ,hmmmmmmmmmm,I bet  my life savings U.C gets th W a million times to one over SN

If I were a football coach scouting out the other team prior to a big game on Friday night, I would think that I would not rely on numbers in a computer database and SOS. I would be preparing all I could to knock the other team in the mouth and flat on their a@! to secure a win whether they were #1 or # 15,000. I wouldn't brag too much on SOS. Spend half a season playing teams that would slaughter you is not a good way to keep a team healthy come playoff time. By the time playoffs arrived last year, our whole starting defensive line was gone for the season due to injuries. And we still faired well. I know a lot of you on this thread still think highly of UC because they won state last year. People thought that way of Marion county for a while too a couple of years back. This year UC just keeps dropping in the rankings. They just dropped again about 2 hours ago. Do you all base predictions on which team is bigger, stronger, faster? I seriously doubt it. Do you think UC is bigger stronger or faster than North? You probably do since your numbers on the computer are higher than ours. Except for wins. I hope you all keep relying on numbers and underestimating us from the east. That helps us out during playoff time. Also take a look at the playoff brackets from last year. North did not lose by a lot to Rockwood and Rockwood only beat Meigs by 1 point. Did UC get win state by mercy rule last year? I think not. They wouldn't have beat us that bad last year nor could they this year. Quit relying on computer rankings as they were the Gospel. Because you may just get knocked off your high horse.

11 minutes ago, Gunner0331 said:

If I were a football coach scouting out the other team prior to a big game on Friday night, I would think that I would not rely on numbers in a computer database and SOS. I would be preparing all I could to knock the other team in the mouth and flat on their a@! to secure a win whether they were #1 or # 15,000. I wouldn't brag too much on SOS. Spend half a season playing teams that would slaughter you is not a good way to keep a team healthy come playoff time. By the time playoffs arrived last year, our whole starting defensive line was gone for the season due to injuries. And we still faired well. I know a lot of you on this thread still think highly of UC because they won state last year. People thought that way of Marion county for a while too a couple of years back. This year UC just keeps dropping in the rankings. They just dropped again about 2 hours ago. Do you all base predictions on which team is bigger, stronger, faster? I seriously doubt it. Do you think UC is bigger stronger or faster than North? You probably do since your numbers on the computer are higher than ours. Except for wins. I hope you all keep relying on numbers and underestimating us from the east. That helps us out during playoff time. Also take a look at the playoff brackets from last year. North did not lose by a lot to Rockwood and Rockwood only beat Meigs by 1 point. Did UC get win state by mercy rule last year? I think not. They wouldn't have beat us that bad last year nor could they this year. Quit relying on computer rankings as they were the Gospel. Because you may just get knocked off your high horse.

Chill man. It’s just a thread for debate. No need to take everything to heart... Everyone is entitled to their own opinion just like yourself. No reason to get all in a wad because the only the thing really matters is what these boys do on Friday nights & the lesson that football teaches them to become better men, husbands, & fathers in the future. Just my 2 cents. 

Edited by FightingBlue0

16 minutes ago, Gunner0331 said:

LMBO somebody got hurt by the truth. It’s just high school football man. But you do need to realize just how strong the West is. 

1 hour ago, FightingBlue0 said:

Chill man. It’s just a thread for debate. No need to take everything to heart... Everyone is entitled to their own opinion just like yourself. No reason to get all in a wad because the only the thing really matters is what these boys do on Friday nights & the lesson that football teaches them to become better men, husbands, & fathers in the future. Just my 2 cents. 

Good post. Each has their own opinion. It’s impossible for anyone to make the perfect ranking. That’s why there are playoffs and even then there has been times when the best team didn’t win. Just got to go with it. In the end it’s just a game and a part of our life. Enjoy it because it gets shorter each day. Can’t get all bent out of shape over opinions. I told all my boys when they played any sport. Play it as long as it’s fun and you enjoy it. If you don’t  enjoy it then it’s called work and you’ll need to negotiate some pay. Same thing goes with me on CoachT. Once it ain’t fun anymore then I’ll quit. :popcorneater:

oh sorry.  I may have put in more than $.02. Well just keep the change. 

Edited by sum1uno

1 hour ago, Gunner0331 said:

Okay your obviously  upset,so I ll be nice,naw nevermind,I hope your "knowledge" is deeper than aforementioned post! Play cupcakes yeah ya stay healthy and then get mud stomped round 1 !!!! Steel sharpens Steel plain n simple!!!! U.C beat PHS last year we had injuries yep 100% percent true,but AND a sir mix alot baby got back sized butt,that's 2A foozball sir!!! Golden Tide Vs NS "right now" I guarantee your mercy ruled!!!!!Sorry not sorry !!The best team doesn't always win,the team that does the right thing at the right time wins!! I can tell you this, UC weekly plays teams that have "better" athletes yet come the playoffs they win!What U.C. won't, hasn't and never will tell ya is they weren't 100% in the playoffs!!! You can claim computer generated this or sos that, but if you are never tested son you dont bust no team like PHS,Waverly or CA in the mouth !!! Hold on I gotta put my soap box up before I leave and bid you adue wit a RTR 

36 minutes ago, sum1uno said:

Good post. Each has their own opinion. It’s impossible for anyone to make the perfect ranking. That’s why there are playoffs and even then there has been times when the best team didn’t win. Just got to go with it. In the end it’s just a game and a part of our life. Enjoy it because it gets shorter each day. Can’t get all bent out of shape over opinions. I told all my boys when they played any sport. Play it as long as it’s fun and you enjoy it. If you do t enjoy it then it’s called work and you’ll need to negotiate some pay. Same thing goes with me on CoachT. Once it ain’t fun anymore then I’ll quit. :popcorneater:

oh sorry.  I may have put in more than $.02. Well just keep the change. 

Straight up TRUTH !!!

2 hours ago, BulldawgsRise said:

LMBO somebody got hurt by the truth. It’s just high school football man. But you do need to realize just how strong the West is. 

All last year I heard how much stronger the West was compared to the East. In the end last  year I found this statement to be false when it was all said and done. This year I'm not sure. will need to see more football to have an assessment. But so far I would have to say it's fairly even again. If you disagree that's fine but please explain why you think so.

25 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

All last year I heard how much stronger the West was compared to the East. In the end last  year I found this statement to be false when it was all said and done. This year I'm not sure. will need to see more football to have an assessment. But so far I would have to say it's fairly even again. If you disagree that's fine but please explain why you think so.

Imo except for two or three the west is down,honestly

7 minutes ago, peabodypride said:

Imo except for two or three the west is down,honestly

Kinda what I was thinking, but that's just from scores of games that I have seen. From the East and my very limited knowledge it seems Meigs, Watertown, and Trousdale are as good or stronger than the previous year. Tyner not sure about at this time. Honorable mention to Sullivan North and Oneida. Who do you think from the West besides Peabody is stronger or at least the same as last year. 

35 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

I’m not sure why you think the West wasn’t stronger than the east last year.  Union city Peabody adamsville and McKenzie could have beat the east  in cookeville. Union city barely beat Peabody with us having injuries. McKenzie beat Peabody barely and almost beat union city . Adamsville spanked union city. Peabody beat adamsville twice.  The championship game went in to over time because of a coaching mistake. Those teams are just from our region. I didn’t mention waverly or CA who could have potentially won state.  The West was stronger no doubt last year. I’m not so sure we have that many this year 

6 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

I’m not sure why you think the West wasn’t stronger than the east last year.  Union city Peabody adamsville and McKenzie could have beat the east  in cookeville. Union city barely beat Peabody with us having injuries. McKenzie beat Peabody barely and almost beat union city . Adamsville spanked union city. Peabody beat adamsville twice.  The championship game went in to over time because of a coaching mistake. Those teams are just from our region. I didn’t mention waverly or CA who could have potentially won state.  The West was stronger no doubt last year. I’m not so sure we have that many this year 

You may be right, but I'm still not sure that's the case. Pretty good teams from the East last year. Truth is alot of the good teams just dont have a following like a lot like alot of the West teams do on coacht. One thing I've learned from this website is alot of people get on here and see a big following for a team and expect them to be good because of it. But its good to hear a different perspective thank you sir.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

You may be right, but I'm still not sure that's the case. Pretty good teams from the East last year. Truth is alot of the good teams just dont have a following like a lot like alot of the West teams do on coacht. One thing I've learned from this website is alot of people get on here and see a big following for a team and expect them to be good because of it. But its good to hear a different perspective thank you sir.

I try to watch as much video as I can from both the West and the east. I form most of my opinions from that and stats but stats can be skewed