Meigs County vs. McMinn Central

TigerNation

On 9/17/2018 at 2:13 PM, Charger64 said:

Heard a story a few years ago.  In the 60's Meigs was playing Etowah. The score was 13-7 Meigs. Time was about to expire and Meigs had the ball on the one yard line. Meigs went for the TD instead of taking a knee and fumbled. Etowah returned it for a TD to win the game.

Anyone know if that is true?

I did a history assignment on this, I believe it was called the Mulkey Miracle. I think the players name was Mulkey.

On 9/21/2018 at 10:37 AM, HasBeenHero said:

I did a history assignment on this, I believe it was called the Mulkey Miracle. I think the players name was Mulkey.

Jimmy Mulkey was his name and a lineman at that. My dad was one of the coaches for Etowah. There has always been a big rivalry with Meigs. I played in the early years at Central and I felt it was a bigger rivalry game than McMinn due to the games always were very competitive along with basketball too. 

So any truth to what the chain gang witnessed on Friday Night. The chain gang at Central witness a short round of fisticuffs between the Meigs QB #19 and RB #19. Reportedly there was a profanity laced exchange right before half time between multiple players and #19. Once the team got to the practice field behind the scoreboard, a short MMA match occurred that was seen by Central fans on that end of the track.

6 hours ago, Charger64 said:

So any truth to what the chain gang witnessed on Friday Night. The chain gang at Central witness a short round of fisticuffs between the Meigs QB #19 and RB #19. Reportedly there was a profanity laced exchange right before half time between multiple players and #19. Once the team got to the practice field behind the scoreboard, a short MMA match occurred that was seen by Central fans on that end of the track.

What? High school boys getting mad at each other? That's odd...

There was no fight behind the scoreboard. They may have shoved each other on the sidelines but it was mostly jawing. Nothing of any substance.

7 hours ago, Charger64 said:

The chain gang is yanking your chain.

There may have been an argument, but there was no fighting. And I guarantee you there was no "MMA Match" behind the scoreboard. Those fans at the end of the track must've been really bored if they were concerned with what our kids were doing off the field.

3 minutes ago, OldCharger said:

Yes, there was a fight between the QB and RB @ the half. I guess stuff like that happens in locker rooms. Unfortunately this was in public lol. I know the people that saw the fight happen. They have no reason to lie and they wouldn't lie about something like that. 

If you say so. Both players fought off that resurgent Charger team (insert laugh track) after the half so it must have been all good.

1 minute ago, TigerNation said:

If you say so. Both players fought off that resurgent Charger team (insert laugh track) after the half so it must have been all good.

Yeah, never said it was a bad thing. Teams sometimes have to iron out grudges with each other. It happens. Especially with a group that hasn't grown up playing with each other. They will be better for it in the long run.