CORNERSVILLE @ PERRY COUNTY

RocketHouse

1 hour ago, leadfarmer said:

There is already a thread for this game.

Somehow it had left the first four pages. A match up of this caliber deserves to have two threads. The bulldog 2018 slogans of:  Iron sharpens iron - Playing cupcakes is fun!  and Anyone, anywhere, anytime!  An easy win? Heck yeah, we'll drive 2 hours!  is exemplified here. 

1 hour ago, Salem said:

Somehow it had left the first four pages. A match up of this caliber deserves to have two threads. The bulldog 2018 slogans of:  Iron sharpens iron - Playing cupcakes is fun!  and Anyone, anywhere, anytime!  An easy win? Heck yeah, we'll drive 2 hours!  is exemplified here. 

If cornersville played cupcakes they would play Forrest, maybe you should volunteer your time to help them out.

1 hour ago, 06ledbetter said:

If cornersville played cupcakes they would play Forrest, maybe you should volunteer your time to help them out.

Not to take anything away from Cornersville, really, but they honestly haven't played anyone. 

Sure, there's something to be said about dominating your competition the way the have. However, it's hard to get a true guage of just how good the team is when it is inferior competition..

12 minutes ago, sportsnutz said:

Not to take anything away from Cornersville, really, but they honestly haven't played anyone. 

Sure, there's something to be said about dominating your competition the way the have. However, it's hard to get a true guage of just how good the team is when it is inferior competition..

Probably need to see about relocating the town of Cornersville to West Tennessee I guess

2 hours ago, Salem said:

They came to us last year. Bulldogs just returning the trip. At the time, when the schedule was made last year, there was an expectation that any of those teams in a very tough region 6(insert your best puns here) that Huntingdon plays in would be some good competition. So I guess that Moore County and Mt. Pleasant are "cupcakes" at 4-1 each with Moore county getting a win over a 3A school? Cornersville leads region 5 1A at 5-0 and the next three are tied at 4-1(Moore County, Mt. Pleasant, and Huntland). Fayetteville and Grace Christian are having down years and Richland is hanging around at 2-3. I guess Eagleville and Community are "cupcakes" even though they were both expected to have outstanding seasons this year. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, sportsnutz said:

Understand. But Moore Co and Mt Pleasant each have only one loss. Eagleville has 2 losses. Other loss they have is to Lewis Co by 6 points. Our region is down this year but we are playing the identical schedule as last year due to these games had already been set. All We can ask if our players is to take care of what is placed in front of them, which so far they have done. Only ones really crying about schedule is a couple rocket fans. I know their schedule is tougher. When you are already a cupcake you have no choice but to play tougher competition. But I’ll give them credit. They say they looked good in scrimmages. That’s got to count for something. Maybe we can crown them pre-season champs. Get them a pair of brass coated balls to put in their trophy case. 

7 minutes ago, Jobres76 said:

They came to us last year. Bulldogs just returning the trip. At the time, when the schedule was made last year, there was an expectation that any of those teams in a very tough region 6(insert your best puns here) that Huntingdon plays in would be some good competition. So I guess that Moore County and Mt. Pleasant are "cupcakes" at 4-1 each with Moore county getting a win over a 3A school? Cornersville leads region 5 1A at 5-0 and the next three are tied at 4-1(Moore County, Mt. Pleasant, and Huntland). Fayetteville and Grace Christian are having down years and Richland is hanging around at 2-3. I guess Eagleville and Community are "cupcakes" even though they were both expected to have outstanding seasons this year. 

Schedule was made in 2016. Your region games were set and out of your control. Every Cornersville fan on here claims they have always been die hard Cornersville fans and they knew this bunch of seniors was going to be special. So they schedule three non region games. Eagleville, Community, and Perry County

Going by 2016 success Eagleville was a solid game to schedule. This will be your only regular season loss in two seasons. I'm not sure they beat Moore County this year.  Going with a 2-8 Perry County and Community (who thought they would be outstanding in 2017 or 2018?) were not great choices for a promising team looking for challenges. 

16 minutes ago, sportsnutz said:

I believe TSSAA has a process to gauge just how good a team is. It's called the playoffs. This schedule that you keep badmouthing was made two years ago. Let me explain something.Forrest is a 2a school.Cornersville is a 1 a school. They are not supposed to play the same schedule.We can't do like all other classifications and play down we play in the smallest class there is!Did Forrest play any 1a schools this year? Yep! We played 2 schools from your  2 a region. Not our fault they are down this year.Matter of fact not our fault that Forrest is down this year,and it looks like we have found the root cause to all the angst of your problem with Cornersvilles schedule . Little brother at the south end of the county ain't so little no more and it just burns you up! You worry about getting your team prepared for the playoffs and we'll worry about ours. Like the old saying goes " better to be pixxed off than pixxed on" 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, sum1uno said:

Understand. But Moore Co and Mt Pleasant each have only one loss. Eagleville has 2 losses. Other loss they have is to Lewis Co by 6 points. Our region is down this year but we are playing the identical schedule as last year due to these games had already been set. All We can ask if our players is to take care of what is placed in front of them, which so far they have done. Only ones really crying about schedule is a couple rocket fans. I know their schedule is tougher. When you are already a cupcake you have no choice but to play tougher competition. But I’ll give them credit. They say they looked good in scrimmages. That’s got to count for something. Maybe we can crown them pre-season champs. Get them a pair of brass coated balls to put in their trophy case. 

I get it.  You have to play your region. But the non-region games are super weak. Huntingdon,  for example plays 2 teams that have been ranked in higher classifications in Waverly and Milan. Also Camden on that schedule who blew the doors off Lewis Co that you mentioned in your previous post. Huntingdon doesn't have the most daunting region, either. Especially with Wayne Co being down, but they do have some true tests in their non-region schedule.