Northeast High School (Clarksville)

Iceman76

2 hours ago, ocac said:

Actually.....I am not a fan of any school in particular in CMCSS.  We do agree on one thing:  we agree to disagree.  I have not been to the steakhouse you speak of, but maybe I should entertain the idea next time I am in Clarksville.  If you read my post carefully, you will notice that I stated all the kids from both schools probably knew the kid was ineligible.  TSSAA is not going to listen to a student concerning transfer/eligibility.  It is up to the Head Coach to make sure all rules are being followed by ALL parties involved in transfer cases.  Even though I do not have a dog in the race, I would really like to see a team from Clarksville get over the hump and make some noise in the playoffs.  Clarksville is loaded with athletes.  Hopefully NE will learn from this (as well as ALL CMCSS coaches) because it will happen again in the city.  Some kid in Clarksville will get disgruntled and move to another school.  This situation may prevent it from happening again.  

Kids will keep transferring.

23 hours ago, thefootballguru said:

It's a shame that most of you are definitely wrong and blaming someone who had nothing to do with the reporting! Gary Sheppard definitely didn't turn in NE and those are facts 100000% as you can get! Do I know who did? yes! Will I say ?no!  But I'll tell you this NE has been recruiting players seen chad started there last year and it bit him in the ####! Now I feel sorry for the kids because they don't deserve this but when your a coach and you preach accountability then hold yourself to the same standards! Oh yeah and it was self reported after it was reported just so you know! It's a fact they will lose those forfeit those 5wins That's all I'm gonna say on this matter! 

I would like to know who NE has recruited? If a kid moves in your zone they play there. NE is a public school you know.I am sure you have no clue who turned it in.  But far as everything else goes it’s just funny how everything gets turned in the week they play WC, I would hope the old NE head coach would not do that to kids he use to coach, it would be even worse if they knew since the start of the year and waited to turn it in, but who knows. The administration prob forgot to do the proper paper work on a kid that has been there since last spring. But at the end of the day no matter what happens it sucks for the kids. But I bet you’ll see NE in the playoffs still. 

Every team in Montgomery county has decent to great talent every year, but as you have seen so far this year and every year the better coach’s bring out the best in there kids. 

19 hours ago, ocac said:

Let me spell it out for you.  A kid with an athletic record transfers to NE from just about 5 miles down the road without changing residence.  Even the coaches in this state that don’t have a clue knows that is a red flag.  It takes a gargantuan pair to even play the kid and jeopardize the other kids success in ‘18 without crossing ALL Ts and dotting ALL Is.  even at that point, you are taking a large chance.  The funny thing is this:  I bet ALL the kids from NE and WC knew this kid was ineligible.  If WC was smart, they would have waited until about week 8 to call them out, so they would have no chance to make playoffs. Because, obviously NE would have kept playing the kid.  JMO.  Everyone has a right to there own opinion......as long as it agrees with mine.  Lol

I don’t know if you’ve seen NE play this year but even without that kid they would be 6-0. So what Coach would ever knowingly play a ineligible player? 

I've noticed alot of the Clarksville teams are quite a bit better than last year.  A couple of years ago it was Ckarksville that had to forfeit games for an ineligible player, now Northeast.  I'm wondering if this is what's starting to go on up there. Look at all of their records this year compared to last. What's the odds of all Clarksville schools doing way better than last year? It's some funny business going on if you ask me.

22 hours ago, 931Truth said:

I agree! Just had to let the coacht know the truth about Clarksville football. This is why Clarksville football is a joke to all other cities in Tennessee! We have snakes looking to ruin any program with success any chance they get. Kids in Nashville/Memphis/Knoxville go school to school without moving every year . When was last time you heard of anybody there getting ruled ineligible or better yet investigated? 

Obviously, I encourage the Clarksville teams to be a challenge for big red!! Haven’t seen much since Reeves-Maybin era. Northeast is a team to be reckoned with. Everyone has seen that as they have continued to put points on the board week in and week out... Unfortunate for them to have to forfeit half of their regular season due to playing an ineligible player. Just to note, there have been instances all over the state of schools playing ineligible players. Hamilton, LaVergne, Blackman, Clarksville, Riverdale, Knox Catholic, and Oakland just to name a few. Although, not all are football related.

Wondering if this changes the outlook on the rest of the season for the Eagles?? Do they play with a vengeance since it seems as if they feel slighted considering the circumstances??

• Like 1

17 hours ago, GatorBodine3 said:

I would like to know who NE has recruited? If a kid moves in your zone they play there. NE is a public school you know.I am sure you have no clue who turned it in.  But far as everything else goes it’s just funny how everything gets turned in the week they play WC, I would hope the old NE head coach would not do that to kids he use to coach, it would be even worse if they knew since the start of the year and waited to turn it in, but who knows. The administration prob forgot to do the proper paper work on a kid that has been there since last spring. But at the end of the day no matter what happens it sucks for the kids. But I bet you’ll see NE in the playoffs still. 

Every team in Montgomery county has decent to great talent every year, but as you have seen so far this year and every year the better coach’s bring out the best in there kids. 

You should be counting your lucky stars that whoever turned them in did not wait until week 9/10.  That would have assured NE would be sitting home come playoffs.  In fact, you should do some detective work and find out who turned them in and thank them for doing so now so that NE still has shot at the playoffs.  Also, you should take them to Sheppy's steakhouse for dinner.  If it was someone from West Creek that turned them in, then they only hurt themselves because they could have waited a week and gotten credit for a  Region win and another region loss for NE.  

17 hours ago, GatorBodine3 said:

I don’t know if you’ve seen NE play this year but even without that kid they would be 6-0. So what Coach would ever knowingly play a ineligible player? 

If you read my previous post, you will see that I said the kids from both teams know.  Kids talk.   The coaches and administration have to do the job for which they are paid to do and make sure all is legal, especially with money and student transfers.  Messing up the money gets adults fired, messing up eligibility messes up kid's lives.  You better get it right.  Is it possible that the NE Brass did not know about the kid's eligibility?  Sure.  Is it possible that the NE Brass did not do their homework or due diligence on the situation.  Absolutely.  Who are you going to blame?  You can't blame someone for turning them in.  They are actually doing the right thing to correct a wrong by the NE Brass.