Northeast High School (Clarksville)

Iceman76

16 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

That officially gives Henry County the region title!  When is the party?   Even if NE beat's Henry County, they'd still have 2 region losses which Henry County would only have one!    Congrats

Definitely not the way HC wants to win the region title. Would much rather have to earn it with a win over NE. I feel somewhat sorry for the Clarksville teams/coaches having to deal with kids leaving to go another school just a few miles down the road. Big advantage being the only school in the county...for sure!

3 minutes ago, Swarm4Life said:

Definitely not the way HC wants to win the region title. Would much rather have to earn it with a win over NE. I feel somewhat sorry for the Clarksville teams/coaches having to deal with kids leaving to go another school just a few miles down the road. Big advantage being the only school in the county...for sure!

True but if we beat NE anyway then none if this even matters about the region title.

1 hour ago, FridayMainEvent said:

That officially gives Henry County the region title!  When is the party?   Even if NE beat's Henry County, they'd still have 2 region losses which Henry County would only have one!    Congrats

Also really sucks if HC sees them in the playoffs at home lol. I feel bad for the #1 or 2 seed on the other side.

5 hours ago, ocac said:

You should be counting your lucky stars that whoever turned them in did not wait until week 9/10.  That would have assured NE would be sitting home come playoffs.  In fact, you should do some detective work and find out who turned them in and thank them for doing so now so that NE still has shot at the playoffs.  Also, you should take them to Sheppy's steakhouse for dinner.  If it was someone from West Creek that turned them in, then they only hurt themselves because they could have waited a week and gotten credit for a  Region win and another region loss for NE.  

So they should be lucky lol. If they wanted to do the right thing they would have turned it in before the season or week one not week five. It is pitiful for anyone would with hold stuff like that till late in the season just to hurt a team full of kids. But I’m sure the people who turned them in eat at sheppys steakhouse already. 

5 hours ago, ocac said:

If you read my previous post, you will see that I said the kids from both teams know.  Kids talk.   The coaches and administration have to do the job for which they are paid to do and make sure all is legal, especially with money and student transfers.  Messing up the money gets adults fired, messing up eligibility messes up kid's lives.  You better get it right.  Is it possible that the NE Brass did not know about the kid's eligibility?  Sure.  Is it possible that the NE Brass did not do their homework or due diligence on the situation.  Absolutely.  Who are you going to blame?  You can't blame someone for turning them in.  They are actually doing the right thing to correct a wrong by the NE Brass.

Mistakes happen but to correct the mistake you turn it in week one not week five.