Greeneville vs Elizabethton

BVDevil

1 hour ago, DeeJay32 said:

I'm gonna try to get this thread back on the topic of Elizabethton vs. Greeneville.  I think Coach Witten is one of the better offensive minds around.  He doesn't want to get in a shootout with Greeneville, but I think the Cyclones have to throw the ball to have a chance of moving the ball against Greeneville.  Greeneville hasn't played a good throwing QB, so this will be a good test for the defense.

Excellent analysis, but works the same way for Betsy as well. They have not seen that great throwing game either. GHS defense has to be considered better and that is the big edge.

I will be interested to see what both teams do in terms of pass coverage. You have to think both teams have a lot of schemes, blitzes, etc. that they have not used all year (the same can be said on the offensive side of the ball as well).  I would not be surprised if we see both teams do some things they have not put on film yet this year.  Then it comes down to which team can figure out what the other is doing and make the necessary adjustments. 

4 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

IMO if Elizabethton can stop Ballard on the run and have a good QB pass rush then they will win this game. Shut down Ballard and you shut down the whole team

Sounds good in theory, but (1) nobody has really done that in the last two years; and (2) the majority of Greeneville's passing game consists of quick screens and bubbles, so getting to the QB is near impossible.  And if you bring pressure when a screen or bubble is called, look out, because there aren't many defenders left to get the WR on the ground.  I agree that stopping the QB running game is key, but the quick passing game is where they are killing people over the last two years- and i am not sure how you stop it as quickly as they get it out and as good as their WRs block on the perimeter.  

31 minutes ago, DeeJay32 said:

Sounds good in theory, but (1) nobody has really done that in the last two years; and (2) the majority of Greeneville's passing game consists of quick screens and bubbles, so getting to the QB is near impossible.  And if you bring pressure when a screen or bubble is called, look out, because there aren't many defenders left to get the WR on the ground.  I agree that stopping the QB running game is key, but the quick passing game is where they are killing people over the last two years- and i am not sure how you stop it as quickly as they get it out and as good as their WRs block on the perimeter.  

Let's hope Elizabethton have done there homework. 

3 minutes ago, Domin18 said:

They did last year....lol

I know Betsy has great skill players--  My question with them is with their lines (o and d)   anybody got any thoughts on that?

Is Greeneville's pass defense good enough??  anybody got any thoughts on that?

IF and I mean IF Betsy can contain or slow down Cade (no one has yet)---  do they have answers for Youngblood, Hite, Goddard, Gillispe, Albright, Schuffler, Shipley????  anybody got any thoughts on this?

1 hour ago, Red Rebels said:

I'm going    Greeneville 35

Elizabethton 7

Much more interesting then the every day Devils vs AC horseshet that ends up on every thread .Wish Bvd had a video of the last pushmower I ever owned about 30 years ago.It wouldn't start and I went into about an hour of rage and slinging mower parts all over my yard.I said on that day I'd never own another pushmower and I've not.

Edited by BatmanDevil
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, greene4747 said:

I know Betsy has great skill players--  My question with them is with their lines (o and d)   anybody got any thoughts on that?

Is Greeneville's pass defense good enough??  anybody got any thoughts on that?

IF and I mean IF Betsy can contain or slow down Cade (no one has yet)---  do they have answers for Youngblood, Hite, Goddard, Gillispe, Albright, Schuffler, Shipley????  anybody got any thoughts on this?

I'm certainly not a football coach but any team as I've said that can keep the Devils O off the field and has the studs to slow down our bubble screen and can play the run ,has a shot.Any given night and mistakes will always factor in as well.Ive said this is one of those teams that scares me come playoff time.