Greeneville vs Elizabethton

BVDevil

20 hours ago, BVDevil said:

ive read alot of stuff about this game, these teams , the competition these teams have played, how much each team has beaten the competition by and common opponent scores and blah blah blah blah blah.....everyone is overlooking the most glaring and most important fact about this game and that is BVD will be at his daughters senior night introduction at west greene when this game kicks off, so what can YOU GUYS do to delay the start of this game for about thirty minutes for me? Anyone willing to go lay down on the field and fake a heartattack for me? maybe someone with a really huge spot light and some heavy duty speakers can fake a bolt of lightning right at kickoff?

When your daughter is closer to our age brother and we are long gone,she will still know you were a great dad and was there that night and many more for her.BVDad !

1 hour ago, DevilMan03 said:

Swipes I find that stat very funny lol

Btw you’re in my prayers. I know 10-4 wasn’t easy for you guys! 

Thanks DevilMan.  10-4 will always be a tough day losing someone that just made the world a better place.  I know he is Smiling looking down on Burley every Friday Night because he sure loved to play some Football!

Doug Fritz just shocked me by picking Greeneville by 21 lol

Greeneville 35, Elizabethton 14

Elizabethton should be able to move the football against the Greene Devils, but the Cyclones will have to find paydirt at the end of any ventures into Greeneville territory.

The eye test says the Cyclones won’t be able to match Greeneville’s offensive output.

6 hours ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Holy cow!  Mind me asking where you are getting those stats?   I wasn't able to find your team stats anywhere?

From Johnson City Press
Many things set Greeneville apart from other high school football teams.

But one of the most significant things is the amount of time the offense possesses the football with its first-team unit on the field. Does Greeneville have the football? If so, the Greene Devils are probably getting ready to score.

Over the last two games, Greeneville’s first-team offense held the ball for a little over five minutes and scored 77 points. Eleven touchdowns. That’s a touchdown for every 28 seconds of clock time.

And here’s the kicker to those numbers: Only one of those 11 drives was under 30 yards, and seven of them started in Greeneville territory.

Here are that unit’s scoring drives over the last two weeks: 1 play (70 yards), 3 plays (46), 3 plays (80), 1 play (72), 1 play (53), 1 play (65), 2 plays (70), 1 play (45), 2 play (57), 1 play (27) and 1 play (45).

Those stunning numbers almost make the defense for Pisgah, North Carolina, look like the 1985 Chicago Bears. Pisgah forced Greeneville to take 7, 5, 3, 4 and 4 plays to earn its five first-team scores in Week 5.

Science Hill made Greeneville use four plays four times with other drives of three plays and two.

For the season, Greeneville’s first unit has 40 touchdown drives. Well over half of them have been three plays or less.

So when Elizabethton’s defense lines up against the Greene Devils on Friday night — in a battle of teams ranked No. 1 and No. 3 in the state in Class 4A — its first task will be finding a way to make Greeneville expend some energy on offense.

2 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:
From Johnson City Press
Many things set Greeneville apart from other high school football teams.

But one of the most significant things is the amount of time the offense possesses the football with its first-team unit on the field. Does Greeneville have the football? If so, the Greene Devils are probably getting ready to score.

Over the last two games, Greeneville’s first-team offense held the ball for a little over five minutes and scored 77 points. Eleven touchdowns. That’s a touchdown for every 28 seconds of clock time.

And here’s the kicker to those numbers: Only one of those 11 drives was under 30 yards, and seven of them started in Greeneville territory.

Here are that unit’s scoring drives over the last two weeks: 1 play (70 yards), 3 plays (46), 3 plays (80), 1 play (72), 1 play (53), 1 play (65), 2 plays (70), 1 play (45), 2 play (57), 1 play (27) and 1 play (45).

Those stunning numbers almost make the defense for Pisgah, North Carolina, look like the 1985 Chicago Bears. Pisgah forced Greeneville to take 7, 5, 3, 4 and 4 plays to earn its five first-team scores in Week 5.

Science Hill made Greeneville use four plays four times with other drives of three plays and two.

For the season, Greeneville’s first unit has 40 touchdown drives. Well over half of them have been three plays or less.

So when Elizabethton’s defense lines up against the Greene Devils on Friday night — in a battle of teams ranked No. 1 and No. 3 in the state in Class 4A — its first task will be finding a way to make Greeneville expend some energy on offense.

Good stuff,  I'm gonna use some of that without fact checking you on the show, Friday....;-)

6 minutes ago, FridayMainEvent said:

Good stuff,  I'm gonna use some of that without fact checking you on the show, Friday....;-)

Your fine lol. That’s good stats. Did you find the other stats you were looking for? And I expect a shoutout from you guys haha not sure if I’ll be able to make the game but I’ll be able to watch for sure 

49 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

Your fine lol. That’s good stats. Did you find the other stats you were looking for? And I expect a shoutout from you guys haha not sure if I’ll be able to make the game but I’ll be able to watch for sure 

YOU BETTER MAKE THE GAME!  One of the main reason's were coming is to meet you.   We almost abandoned the idea because Lee will have to call in sick on Friday to go but I said DevilMan03 is counting down the days to our appearance...lol