Greeneville vs Elizabethton

BVDevil

4 minutes ago, EHSTrack06 said:

In CC it does for the regular season but come playoffs it takes a team effort as we've seen with Hampton and Cloudland when they've made their deeper runs. 

That's true, no doubt. But one injury in either program, and they're done as we've witnessed in those deep runs.

3 hours ago, cyclones1 said:

Calm down dude I'm just trying to get under the devil man's skin. Personally I think Corey Russell is a better athlete than Cade

Trust us dear, many have tried to get under his skin but most have failed. In the meantime, you are making inflammatory, ridiculous comments that, quite frankly, make you look like a foolish troll. Perhaps, you have been under a rock. Here allow me to educate you...   https://www.hudl.com/team/v2/19475/Boys-Varsity-Football

30 minutes ago, Appvol said:

The main reason Russell went to Besty was because of baseball. Yes Barb I would say Russell is a better Athlete than Ballard.QB that would go to Ballard.You need to understand the difference.

Perhaps I should have quoted a different post from cyclone1. The one that said Ballard was an average QB who couldn't throw the ball down the field.

6 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

Sitting here watching the rerun of elizabethton and greeneville...Thinking... 

If Cory Russell stays at Cloudland...If Rollins stays at Happy Valley...If Parker Hughes stays at Hampton and none of them go to Elizabethton, how much better would these 3 teams be today? And just how good would Eliz be without them?

•  

Oh my goodness I have wanted someone to say something like this for ever, your exactly right how much better would these teams be and where would elizabethton be without these kids,but I have heard the same thing about Greeneville a co worker of mine said that when he played for one of the Greene county teams that most of the better athletes went to Greeneville said the all lived on the same street if you catch my drift.also don't forget there's a jr high quarterback and running back at TAD from up the road,I get it though parents think their kid will get more opportunities at a bigger school

16 minutes ago, IMDog said:

Oh my goodness I have wanted someone to say something like this for ever, your exactly right how much better would these teams be and where would elizabethton be without these kids,but I have heard the same thing about Greeneville a co worker of mine said that when he played for one of the Greene county teams that most of the better athletes went to Greeneville said the all lived on the same street if you catch my drift.also don't forget there's a jr high quarterback and running back at TAD from up the road,I get it though parents think their kid will get more opportunities at a bigger school

Mine would've got and my others could definitely get better recognition at Elizabethton...That's a given....so is Hampton, Cloudland and HV being much better with those players.

I understand their reasoning in going but the game atmosphere in these small schools is unmatched...especially when they're rolling.

And yes Appvol, I also understood from the beginning, that Russell moved for baseball...But he was already known as a stud in football. 

42 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

Mine would've got and my others could definitely get better recognition at Elizabethton...That's a given....so is Hampton, Cloudland and HV being much better with those players.

I understand their reasoning in going but the game atmosphere in these small schools is unmatched...especially when they're rolling.

And yes Appvol, I also understood from the beginning, that Russell moved for baseball...But he was already known as a stud in football. 

There's nothing like small town football,just imagine these kids would all have been big fish in small ponds,not really sure what Cory's role at Cloudland would have been he's such a versatile player,but kids leaving for more recognition has been going on for a while

11 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

I agree. I think if Russell was at Cloudland they may be going for back to back. He would be very hard to stop for 1a teams. 

So after watching this one again, I don't think Greeneville was ever really threatened by the Cyclones. Don't get me wrong, I believe Betsy has the talent to compete, however, Witten's game plan, even with some spectacular plays, came off as a bit one-dimensional. The few times they did run the ball, they did so with some measure of success. They were able to stay in this one with brilliant line play. Them big 'ol boys gave their QB all the time he needed to pass effectively and consequently were able to do so quite well. As far as the criticism that Ballard "can't throw the ball down the field", quite frankly, he didn't have to. Coach B knew that a relentless run game would wear Betsy down and that is exactly why they were able to overcome a less than spectacular mental game with some bonehead penalties. And why didn't Betsy attempt to take away Ballard's short pass??? I guarantee if he had not been able to execute it the Devil's would have thrown it deep. It seemed that Witten wanted to win with the big plays and Greeneville didn't need the big plays to win.

Bottom line...Greeneville was just.too.strong.  Although Witten's boys were able to execute his game plan reasonably well, in the end he was just plain out coached.

• Upvote 2