Greeneville vs Elizabethton

BVDevil

1 hour ago, barb said:

So after watching this one again, I don't think Greeneville was ever really threatened by the Cyclones. Don't get me wrong, I believe Betsy has the talent to compete, however, Witten's game plan, even with some spectacular plays, came off as a bit one-dimensional. The few times they did run the ball, they did so with some measure of success. They were able to stay in this one with brilliant line play. Them big 'ol boys gave their QB all the time he needed to pass effectively and consequently were able to do so quite well. As far as the criticism that Ballard "can't throw the ball down the field", quite frankly, he didn't have to. Coach B knew that a relentless run game would wear Betsy down and that is exactly why they were able to overcome a less than spectacular mental game with some bonehead penalties. And why didn't Betsy attempt to take away Ballard's short pass??? I guarantee if he had not been able to execute it the Devil's would have thrown it deep. It seemed that Witten wanted to win with the big plays and Greeneville didn't need the big plays to win.

Bottom line...Greeneville was just.too.strong.  Although Witten's boys were able to execute his game plan reasonably well, in the end he was just plain out coached.

+1 barb. The thing is they couldn’t stop the short pass or the run game. We were never threatened in this game. They score on 5 out of 7 Times and the other two penalties cost them as they scored. 

Imo no team in 4a will be able to stop the devil offense. On the flip side how many points is it going to take to beat Greeneville? Imo 40 or more. 3tds ain’t gonna do it 

Find some way to take away the ground game and the short screen pass. Then we will burn you with the passing game. Then back to the run game when your playing the pass. 

Edited by DevilMan03

4 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

+1 barb. The thing is they couldn’t stop the short pass or the run game. We were never threatened in this game. They score on 5 out of 7 Times and the other two penalties cost them as they scored. 

Imo no team in 4a will be able to stop the devil offense. On the flip side how many points is it going to take to beat Greeneville? Imo 40 or more. 3tds ain’t gonna do it 

Find some way to take away the ground game and the short screen pass. Then we will burn you with the passing game. Then back to the run game when your playing the pass. 

I too have watched this game twice on TV.  We haven’t had to implement the run game all year!  We have thrown the ball all over teams —bubble and down field.  This game proved to me and probably everyone we have an unstoppable run game and pass game.  We didn’t pull out any crazy plays bc we didn’t have too! Betsy had to take a lot of chances and we didn’t! Devils has 2 touchdowns called back. I respect Betsy’s hard playing players and coaches.  The Devils are scary good bc they haven’t had to show anything on offense bc no one has stopped their bread and butter!  Go Devils!!!  Go Betsy!!!

22 hours ago, EHSTrack06 said:

Truthfully EHS would still be EHS just more close games. The other teams would probably be 2-3 wins better. It takes more than 1 player to make a team though 

If he were at Cloudland ,they would never send him out there by himself. They'd still play 11 like everyone else. Just be a great addition just like he is at Etown.

2 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

True, they could not stop the run but I disagree that they couldn't stop the short pass. They didn't try to. They were committed to stopping the big plays deep. The result was death by a thousand cuts.

2 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

I know Ballard is a good quarterback just like I was telling everybody else I was just trying to get under Devilman skin. He's so dang obnoxious. Be honest I didn't even know if we could compete but I'm very happy with our competitiveness. It was a great game on both sides maybe we'll see you again. We've got unfinished business with the Anderson County. Go Cyclones

1 minute ago, cyclones1 said:

I know Ballard is a good quarterback just like I was telling everybody else I was just trying to get under Devilman skin. He's so dang obnoxious. Be honest I didn't even know if we could compete but I'm very happy with our competitiveness. It was a great game on both sides maybe we'll see you again. We've got unfinished business with the Anderson County. Go Cyclones

It's hard to aim accurately on a message board. Better to just stick to supporting your team. Seriously as annoying as he is, I admire his unwavering support for the Devils. Besides I'm not sure it's even possible to get under his skin.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

Too bad both Greeneville and Betsy have their best teams at the same time. But glad Greenevilles is better at the same time for sure! 

Just want to let you know our band is like a thousand times better than yours and our band is going to be playing at the halftime show at Super Bowl this year. Probably nobody on this side of the country that can even compete with our band. Oh and one other thing we have a nicer Stadium than you

7 minutes ago, cyclones1 said:

Just want to let you know our band is like a thousand times better than yours and our band is going to be playing at the halftime show at Super Bowl this year. Probably nobody on this side of the country that can even compete with our band. Oh and one other thing we have a nicer Stadium than you

I’ll give ya the band lol but as far as stadiums nothing beats a Friday night at burley. I can’t stand that flat in the middle of nowhere stadium in Betsy especially seeing cars pass by in the background. Better to be on the hill in Greeneville with the champs! Have fun finishing second once again :flower:

18 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

I’ll give ya the band lol but as far as stadiums nothing beats a Friday night at burley. I can’t stand that flat in the middle of nowhere stadium in Betsy especially seeing cars pass by in the background. Better to be on the hill in Greeneville with the champs! Have fun finishing second once again :flower:

Well you need to turn around watch the game cuz those cars passing by are at your back! What about those cars turning on their headlights. Little bit of cheating going on there I think. How'd you like being second place in both the Junior High games. Mark my words it's coming. LOL LOL LOL

52 minutes ago, cyclones1 said:

Well you need to turn around watch the game cuz those cars passing by are at your back! What about those cars turning on their headlights. Little bit of cheating going on there I think. How'd you like being second place in both the Junior High games. Mark my words it's coming. LOL LOL LOL

Like I’ve said before when the high school staff takes over the freshman it’s a different ball game. Sorry you guys aren’t state champion material and probably won’t ever make it to a title game. Greeneville is the King of 4a