Coalfield @ Greenback

GHSblackhelmet

1 hour ago, gcapride said:

You beat me to it crow. PowerP was one of the biggest talkers on here when we played them in 2009 & 10. He would’ve been on here thumping his chest with TT and all the other screen names the 3 guys down there have. At least now he’s mellowed out as he’s gotten a little more mature. I do agree with him, if it’s kids coming to your school, you ain’t saying jack. 

Powerp is full of mess.  He has single handily cost us three championships.  He made that Bowlin man real mad twice and that Rice man mad by running his yapper.  You think im joking but im not. 

2 hours ago, crow said:

Kind of like the early 2000’s, for a lot of years you had SP and everyone else playing for second. Most folks from lodge town were ok with that scenario though. 

Just woke up heading into work took a look at the board seems like people getting a little touchy this morning. I guess none of the Greenback folk were awake or they're just sitting back reading, preciate you Crow,Pride and Jake holding down the fort LOL.

GAME DAY finally! I hate bye weeks but we really needed this one.

6 hours ago, powerp said:

This is just my opinion, I do not think the TSSAA did right by allowing these boys to come in halfway through the season.  I think this can lead to bigger problems down the road for all teams. However, people should quit complaining about it because flip it around....If these talented boys came back to your team would you reject them? No way. I'm a Pirate through and through but the bottom line is in single A you have Greenback and then everybody else is playing for second place. It is what it is.

Now I only remember Jasper getting mad when you all signed that convict a couple years ago.All we heard was lightning was going to strike,but we just rolled with it.This is the main reason I don't like transfers everyone assumed you did something wrong.I know for a fact the rules were followed and they went above and beyond what is required or they couldn't play.Like you said though no one would turn him down if he showed up wanting to play.So I do agree with some of your comment.

Gonna be great to see Edwards back along with the new help.Power and speed and a passing attack like no other in 1A .#3 1400 yards and 17 TDs ain't bad.Now we gonna run it like we stole it also.

4 hours ago, Jim1972 said:

Now I only remember Jasper getting mad when you all signed that convict a couple years ago.All we heard was lightning was going to strike,but we just rolled with it.This is the main reason I don't like transfers everyone assumed you did something wrong.I know for a fact the rules were followed and they went above and beyond what is required or they couldn't play.Like you said though no one would turn him down if he showed up wanting to play.So I do agree with some of your comment.

Gonna be great to see Edwards back along with the new help.Power and speed and a passing attack like no other in 1A .#3 1400 yards and 17 TDs ain't bad.Now we gonna run it like we stole it also.

I thought he had 17 tds in 4 or 5 games.  Anybody know the run/pass ratio of the Greenbacks offense?

After much thought I am expecting this game to go similar to the championship game last year with Cornersville. coalfield will come out and fight hard for two quarters but I do think Greenback has way too much for them to be competitive in the end,as I said earlier in the week 48-14 possibly worse but I do look for coalfield to stand up and fight for at least two quarters. hard to take the Rivalry out of this game and sometimes that plays a little bit into the scheme of things

7 minutes ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

LOL I hope the boys are all wearing cups tonight! The Coalfield Nut Punchers are coming to town. Coafields philosophy " If we cant beat em' on the ball field at least we can beat their balls!" 

I was in Walmart doing some shopping for my wife read this post and ran into somebody!

13 minutes ago, gcapride said:

I’d keep an eye out for flying elbows and low blows...

You bring up a good point though last year's quarterback his little brother is one of the dirtiest players ever seen. Then of course you got the goober grabbers so you have to watch out for all of them, we need to make sure we keep our kids healthy and being able to play the next week,two weeks that is!

34 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

You bring up a good point though last year's quarterback his little brother is one of the dirtiest players ever seen. Then of course you got the goober grabbers so you have to watch out for all of them, we need to make sure we keep our kids healthy and being able to play the next week,two weeks that is!

Coalfield never been known for their sportsmanship from the players or fans. I believe it was 08 homecoming GB beat them pretty good and by the 4th qtr their fans were chanting Oneida.  I never understood that one :roflol:. Getting spanked by a team and start chanting for another school to beat them during the game. 

19 minutes ago, HingleMcCringleberry said:

Coalfield never been known for their sportsmanship from the players or fans. I believe it was 08 homecoming GB beat them pretty good and by the 4th qtr their fans were chanting Oneida.  I never understood that one :roflol:. Getting spanked by a team and start chanting for another school to beat them during the game. 

LOL!