Coalfield @ Greenback

GHSblackhelmet

3 hours ago, crow said:

I'll just put this out there. It's a little off putting how arrogant people can get after gaining a level of success.  While I agree GB is head and shoulders above most if not all 1A and 2A competition it's just bad form to blatantly blow your own horn. Especially when everyone else is already singing the praises of GB for them. No offense or disrespect intended or implied mind you but just seems like some get a little bit snooty nowadays. 

I agree and I'm a GB fan.  That snootiness comes from "the top", not the kids.  We aren't the most disciplined team if you haven't already noticed.  

I'm curious to know what the GB players think of kids just rolling in and taking positions.  And i'm not talking about the starters or upperclassmen.  I'm kinda thinking about those younger kids that have had their brains beat in at practice day in and day out "as a team".  I'm tickled to death to get good kids at GB, especially for those kids that come to our small community and find success, friends, and a great springboard for their future.  It just seems this is becoming a "football thing" instead of "a Greenback thing".  

Proverbs 27:1 1Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, bballforever said:

I agree and I'm a GB fan.  That snootiness comes from "the top", not the kids.  We aren't the most disciplined team if you haven't already noticed.  

I'm curious to know what the GB players think of kids just rolling in and taking positions.  And i'm not talking about the starters or upperclassmen.  I'm kinda thinking about those younger kids that have had their brains beat in at practice day in and day out "as a team".  I'm tickled to death to get good kids at GB, especially for those kids that come to our small community and find success, friends, and a great springboard for their future.  It just seems this is becoming a "football thing" instead of "a Greenback thing".  

Proverbs 27:1 1Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring.

Man me and you don't always agree but you nailed it. 

• Thanks 1

If you think that winning doesn't mean anything to these kids then maybe you have lost a lot in life and don't enjoy winning and being a winner heck you might not know what it feels like to be a winner. I can guarantee you this if and when my son plays football and a player comes in and takes his spot he deserves to have it happen. You got to work to get back on the field in some way to help your team win. Myself or anyone in my family never played just to play we played to win. If a kid transferred in that would help us win hallelujah! This argument in my opinion stems from a society that believes in participation trophies and that everyone should get equal playing time. Bullcrap if you are not good enough work harder. As for your comment about this coming from the top it is ! Any coach should and will play the best players no matter if they are in 8th grade or transferred seniors. And it is a "Greenback thing" because "football" is Greenback!

8 minutes ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

If you think that winning doesn't mean anything to these kids then maybe you have lost a lot in life and don't enjoy winning and being a winner heck you might not know what it feels like to be a winner. I can guarantee you this if and when my son plays football and a player comes in and takes his spot he deserves to have it happen. You got to work to get back on the field in some way to help your team win. Myself or anyone in my family never played just to play we played to win. If a kid transferred in that would help us win hallelujah! This argument in my opinion stems from a society that believes in participation trophies and that everyone should get equal playing time. Bullcrap if you are not good enough work harder. As for your comment about this coming from the top it is ! Any coach should and will play the best players no matter if they are in 8th grade or transferred seniors. And it is a "Greenback thing" because "football" is Greenback!

You are exactly right,if you didnt want or expect this to happen you should have vetoed the school build.All of us that had boys on the team looked forward to the school bringing in more students that might actually be able to play ball.I drove my oldest to Nashville every Sun to play on an elite AAU basketball team and he came off the bench but he needed that competition to get himself better and it helped our high school team in the process.My youngest wanted the competition also but we didnt have what we have now.I asked him this same question his answer was the same as BHs,it would make him work harder.Its not all about championships but it is about winning in all aspects.Getem off the couch and in the weight room if they dont like it and work for it.Get used to it because im sure its just starting.I played ball with all those coaches minus a couple their attitude is right where it should be discipline needs to start at home because its harder and harder to do it outside of it,how many times did you see mine act a fool?Cause they didnt want dad to get that hindend.Too many whinny parents like to tell the coach how to do his job.I wish it was like it used to be and the coach could handle it himself.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, bballforever said:

Snootiness for saying that a team isn’t good? Black Helmet say your sorry:roll:  ... what a load of crap, don't preach your morality on coach T to start up drama when all the players have welcomed the transfer with open arms. GB don’t have selfish players to worry about that stuff, they are team players that want to win gold again. Steve Austin and Black Helmet doesn't have any mercy... you want mercy? Take your butt to church!  :popcorneater:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HingleMcCringleberry said:

Snootiness for saying that a team isn’t good? Black Helmet say your sorry:roll:  ... what a load of crap, don't preach your morality on coach T to start up drama when all the players have welcomed the transfer with open arms. GB don’t have selfish players to worry about that stuff, they are team players that want to win gold again. Steve Austin and Black Helmet doesn't have any mercy... you want mercy? Take your butt to church!  :popcorneater:

LOL! 

29 minutes ago, HingleMcCringleberry said:

Everyone needs mercy but none of us deserved what our Lord went through. But he went through it all because he loves us. If we got what we deserved we would all be in heck!!