Coalfield @ Greenback

GHSblackhelmet

1 hour ago, WarChant said:

Had a week off and now hopefully these boys are well rested and ready to come out and play. Just gotta keep our focus on one game at a time and handle business Friday night. I know everyone is excited about the new addition and I believe it’s gonna open up the passing game even more now. Can’t wait!!!

Will definitely open up the passing game. But if we’re pounding the rock, I’d run it until his tongue was hanging out. Need to see some more smash mouth football. We know we can sling it all over the field, but it’d be great to see another BEAST! I don’t ever like to say a team is 100% complete because there’s always room to improve but with this addition and our passing game where it’s at now, we’ll be pretty close. 

6 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

Will definitely open up the passing game. But if we’re pounding the rock, I’d run it until his tongue was hanging out. Need to see some more smash mouth football. We know we can sling it all over the field, but it’d be great to see another BEAST! I don’t ever like to say a team is 100% complete because there’s always room to improve but with this addition and our passing game where it’s at now, we’ll be pretty close. 

When 22 gets back we will be wicked fast!

I agree on Greenback defeating Coalfield in the end. But I think it will be a lot closer than 56-14, 42-7, 42-00, etc..

It is a big rivalry game. In all honesty, it is probably Coalfield's biggest game each year. Banged up or not, Coalfield will bring their A game and play to the best of their abilities. And so will Greenback. Greenback plays for 4 quarters. If you want to beat them, you also have to bring your best for every play---for 4 quarters. 

Here's the thing. If Coalfield comes in believing they can win, and Greenback comes in expecting to annihilate Coalfield, this game could end up going the distance (even with key players missing). That is not an issue in professional sports or College sports for the most part. But it is common in high school sports---particularly football. 

Greenback 24
Coalfield 13

3 minutes ago, JNewman said:

I agree on Greenback defeating Coalfield in the end. But I think it will be a lot closer than 56-14, 42-7, 42-00, etc..

It is a big rivalry game. In all honesty, it is probably Coalfield's biggest game each year. Banged up or not, Coalfield will bring their A game and play to the best of their abilities. And so will Greenback. Greenback plays for 4 quarters. If you want to beat them, you also have to bring your best for every play---for 4 quarters. 

Here's the thing. If Coalfield comes in believing they can win, and Greenback comes in expecting to annihilate Coalfield, this game could end up going the distance (even with key players missing). That is not an issue in professional sports or College sports for the most part. But it is common in high school sports---particularly football. 

Greenback 24
Coalfield 13

Agree with most of this but they aren’t holding GB to 24 points.