Springfield vs Montgomery Central

JacketLover

1 hour ago, WRudolph2003 said:

They don't run a 3-4, they run a 3-5-3. If they did run a 3-4 they would have two safeties and would most likely be running Cover 2. I seriously doubt you will see a team like Central try to cover 23 in man. He is too fast and too shifty for that. You put a corner to press and a safety over the top. He is a decent receiver but what I think he does the best is when they have him run the ball on a sweep. He is so fast getting to the edge that athletic teams like Clarksville have trouble stopping him. Can't wait til Friday, may be biggest game in Centrals history or at least as long as I have been around (which is longer than I would care to admit).

Decent receiver!!!!  Lol. I guess hes just good at jet sweeps . Montgomery Central are smelling themselves.  The only reason he didnt have over 200 all purpose on yall last year was because it was the first game back from an injury.

Edited by FootballPops

I am shocked noone has tried to take the slant away. That is a great play for them for sure. Oh Footballpops is taking a break from trying to fight Greeneville fans to comment on our thread. He is an All State receiver, obviously he is very good. I think he hurts teams most with the sweep, just my humble opinion. No need to try and fight me in the parking lot over it. :thumb:

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, WRudolph2003 said:

I am shocked noone has tried to take the slant away. That is a great play for them for sure. Oh Footballpops is taking a break from trying to fight Greeneville fans to comment on our thread. He is an All State receiver, obviously he is very good. I think he hurts teams most with the sweep, just my humble opinion. No need to try and fight me in the parking lot over it. :thumb:

Use the corners to take out the slant will probably get MC roasted going deep. Our Qb and RB has been doing a good job on the zone reads. The QB plays like a RB and he can also throw it around. I think the front seven for MC will look to stop the run first. Oh and watch those jet sweeps :popcorneater:

The coaches on both sides will have their work cut out for them with the adjustments. Will be interesting to watch. But MC appears to be better this yr and the SHS defense isn’t as good as last yr. 

I think the bye week came at just the right time for Springfield. Playing a team like Beech that likes to pound the football was good preparation for MC. The coaches can show the Beech film and correct the mistakes the defense made. I think the defense will play better than they did against Beech. The linebackers have to. 

3 hours ago, JacketLover said:

I think the bye week came at just the right time for Springfield. Playing a team like Beech that likes to pound the football was good preparation for MC. The coaches can show the Beech film and correct the mistakes the defense made. I think the defense will play better than they did against Beech. The linebackers have to. 

Your not kiddin about the LBs. They were mismatched against Beech quick RBs but i thought the coaches had them back to far. My ignorant opinion