TCA At Gibson County

PHSRollTide

12 minutes ago, Golddoctor said:

UC did have a few players out but I heard from UC people that these guys were not that significant.  We lost to UC last year both time with injured players. It is the next man up right.  We made GC look better than what they really are.  

Yes we did. Nothing taken away from GC they showed up to play we didn’t. 

Just now, Goldenpride said:

Yes we did. Nothing taken away from GC they showed up to play we didn’t. 

I hope this was a wake up call for the coaches also.  I think we have a really good coaching staff but play calling was not good that night.  GC had a great game plan on Defense.  I believe the weather played a huge part in play calling. Some have said that a good team should score on the 1 yard line.  I have seen many NFL teams not score.  If you cant run it in, play action fake, hit tightend in the corner of endzone.  Just saying.……….

2 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

Tide21 made the assumption that I made the statement about Union City not being better than any team we’ve played... you’re wrong as I never stated that. I had not seen Union City play this year prior to the Gibson County game. I can’t acknowledge anything else you put out on here because your post come with assumptions, ignorance, and misconception. It seems to be the norm for you.

UC could’ve beaten us by 3 scores... sure? But they didn’t... Gibson County also had a long touchdown run called back on a holding call, and the QB barely stepped out of bounds on his way to the end zone on another long run. What could’ve been, should’ve been, wasn’t......

I am intrigued that Peabody fans have taken a personal interest in the Gibson County football program over the past few weeks though.

You should be glad, you should be happy. It took us 24 years for this.  I am sure you guys dont wont to play us again.

2 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

Tide21 made the assumption that I made the statement about Union City not being better than any team we’ve played... you’re wrong as I never stated that. I had not seen Union City play this year prior to the Gibson County game. I can’t acknowledge anything else you put out on here because your post come with assumptions, ignorance, and misconception. It seems to be the norm for you.

UC could’ve beaten us by 3 scores... sure? But they didn’t... Gibson County also had a long touchdown run called back on a holding call, and the QB barely stepped out of bounds on his way to the end zone on another long run. What could’ve been, should’ve been, wasn’t......

I am intrigued that Peabody fans have taken a personal interest in the Gibson County football program over the past few weeks though.

I didnt make any assumptions. I said it was said by you or one the other GC posters that came out of the woodwork that week.  Someone said that we hadn’t played anyone. I said that Milan and union city was better than anyone who you guys played so far this year.  

Sorry for getting the thread off topic. 

30 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

I didnt make any assumptions. I said it was said by you or one the other GC posters that came out of the woodwork that week.  Someone said that we hadn’t played anyone. I said that Milan and union city was better than anyone who you guys played so far this year.  

It’s a conspiracy as to if where all the posters have went. Maybe they lost their account password written on a sheet of paper in a field somewhere 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Tide21 said:

I said you guys hadn't played anyone and up until you played Gibson County, You hadn't. Not trying to say anything bad about your team or insinuate anything just stating fact. GC was the first team Peabody played that had a winning record. I also said that the best team Peabody had played up until then was Milan and I was well aware of how they were this year.  I am a Milan fan at heart but I also follow  GC, Peabody, and SGC around playoff time and will go to whatever game is of interest. I believe that Peabody will win the region with GC, UC, and TCA following. 

4 minutes ago, Robojoe said:

I said you guys hadn't played anyone and up until you played Gibson County, You hadn't. Not trying to say anything bad about your team or insinuate anything just stating fact. GC was the first team Peabody played that had a winning record. I also said that the best team Peabody had played up until then was Milan and I was well aware of how they were this year.  I am a Milan fan at heart but I also follow  GC, Peabody, and SGC around playoff time and will go to whatever game is of interest. I believe that Peabody will win the region with GC, UC, and TCA following. 

Robo does tie breaker go to head to head or best record overall?

16 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

Head to head I do believe.

Actually I heard a scenario that is very odd but could possibly make sense. By GC losing Friday it’s a 3 way tie...if GC beats TCA then the 3 way tie will stay in tact. If UC, PHS, GC win out then Peabody will win the Region bc it goes to the best record. I’m not sure if that is true or not