2a state championship contenders

Bms54

23 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Watertown is the team to beat in the East. I became a believer when they came to Forrest.  Offense and Special Teams terrific. Their defense will be tested in the playoffs but it''s the most physical group they have had.  They beat Trousdale and are destroying everyone else. 

Meigs-Watertown would be a good game. I think Watertown would beat Tyner by 14. 

Meig's will not outscore Watertown. Meigs would have to win a 21-20 type game. Smash mouth. 

In the West I have no idea.  Waverly will not 70 point offense their way to Cookeville. UC and Peabody seem to be the faves. CA will fade. 

How good is Watertown 2018 compared to the 2016 Forrest team Meigs played against. I have watched Trousdale now and was under the impression they were a better team than Watertown with the return of #8 their qb. So I'm curious how they can compare.  As I know how good You all were that year.

39 minutes ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Watertown is the team to beat in the East. I became a believer when they came to Forrest.  Offense and Special Teams terrific. Their defense will be tested in the playoffs but it''s the most physical group they have had.  They beat Trousdale and are destroying everyone else. 

Meig's will not outscore Watertown. Meigs would have to win a 21-20 type game. Smash mouth. 

In the West I have no idea.  Waverly will not 70 point offense their way to Cookeville. UC and Peabody seem to be the faves. CA will fade. 

Tyner beat H2O by 11 points last year and is arguably better this year. What makes you think they are 14 points better than the RamTrain this year? As I have stated before, it's about match-ups! We have beaten Watertown twice in the last 3 years(34-7 in 2015). Some of the same players are facing each other! 

Don't get me wrong..I respect your opinion just asking!!

34 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

How good is Watertown 2018 compared to the 2016 Forrest team Meigs played against. I have watched Trousdale now and was under the impression they were a better team than Watertown with the return of #8 their qb. So I'm curious how they can compare.  As I know how good You all were that year.

Thought I would have a little fun with this one! I know they beat Meigs by 3...They were lucky as well...a tipped pass at the end of the game saw them winning the game against Tyner 21-14(lol)

11 minutes ago, TynerRamFan said:

Tyner beat H2O by 11 points last year and is arguably better this year. What makes you think they are 14 points better than the RamTrain this year? As I have stated before, it's about match-ups! We have beaten Watertown twice in the last 3 years(34-7 in 2015). Some of the same players are facing each other! 

TC beat Watertown by 40 last year, and lost by 1 to them this year.  This years TC team is a couple scores better than last years TC team.  That should give you an insight of how good Watertown is this year.  I personally think that TC, Watertown, and Tyner can beat each other on any given night.  I don't see a big difference between the 3.  I mean 1 point separated TC/Watertown in their regular season match-up.  I do feel Meigs is the front runner though.  I'm just trying to be honest and not be a homer.  

Part of the reason is that H2O is no doubt better no arguably to it lol. I think any given Friday night Meigs, Tyner, Watertown, and on some nights Trousdale can beat each other and it not be that surprising. All 4 teams are talented as the other the important games will come down to mistakes. Unfortunately so far for TC, we have made them at the most important moments of the game, if we don't make those mistakes we may be undefeated but it's football things happen, it will be an exciting playoff season with great matchups starting in the 1st round. So do you think this year's rams are better than last? Me personally, last year I was looking ahead and I told Waggoner from the first film I saw that Tyner was the team to beat, huge, athletic, fast, bad news lol. This year the 1 game film I have seen, I think we can beat Tyner, still big, still pretty athletic, still chattanooga fast. I don't know what it is but it didn't give off the same WOW factor that last year's team did. 

1 hour ago, GeneralAmerigha said:

Watertown beat TC by 1, Whitwell went to TC and won in OT, Tyner in way better than Whitwell. Tyner would be my favorite. I think Tyner vs Meigs in the East. 

9 minutes ago, CharlieTweeder said:

TC beat Watertown by 40 last year, and lost by 1 to them this year.  This years TC team is a couple scores better than last years TC team.  That should give you an insight of how good Watertown is this year.  I personally think that TC, Watertown, and Tyner can beat each other on any given night.  I don't see a big difference between the 3.  I mean 1 point separated TC/Watertown in their regular season match-up.  I do feel Meigs is the front runner though.  I'm just trying to be honest and not be a homer.  

It really doesn't because last year Marion beat TC 32-14 and the following week Tyner beat Marion 42-7. You see where I am going with this?? I only mentioned the points to illustrate how we have done against H2O over a period of (recent) time. It's about game time match-up's and situations!

Just now, JacketNationFan1 said:

Agree I would bet good money if i had any, that one of these 4 will be in Cookeville. 

Easy money, I'd give some big odds.  I've always pulled for you guys but I only want you to win if you are truly the best team. Reason being, I want the East toting the Gold. 

• Upvote 1

It really doesn't because last year Marion beat TC 32-14 and the following week Tyner beat Marion 42-7. You see where I am going with this?? I only mentioned the points to illustrate how we have done against H2O over a period of (recent) time. It's about game time match-up's and situations!

You are exactly correct.  I think TC, Tyner, and Watertown are on a even playing field.  The team that makes the least mistakes that night wins the game.  The talent and athletes for each team are there.  

20 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

Watertown beat TC by 1, Whitwell went to TC and won in OT, Tyner in way better than Whitwell. Tyner would be my favorite. I think Tyner vs Meigs in the East. 

I'm not so sure that Tyner is WAY BETTER than Whitwell.  If you are going off of a scrimmage, you might as well drop that argument.  TC beat Upperman in a scrimmage before the season began.  It wasn't even close.  Like 6 TD's to 2.  Now Upperman is undefeated in 3A and ranked in the top 5.  TC has 3 L's.  Until you play a team heads up when it matters, I wouldn't consider a team better than the other especially since the team you are speaking of is undefeated.  Now if Whitwell and Tyner play and Tyner beats them by 3 scores, I can easily see the argument.