Mairvul heads out 321 two Hairatige

STARSNBARS

I would go after Greg Ryan from Greenback. He did apply for the D-B job last year and appeared to be one of the two finalist until it was discovered all those coaches had applied at the Political Ponderosa. Greg knows next year is going to be rough at Greenback with heavy loses to graduation. If he stays at Greenback and has to rebuild his next opportunity would be very bleak with a nose dive on next years record. I would bet the house he applies.

22 hours ago, REBELRON said:

Would Adam Hendrix return to Heritage as head coach? Too me it would take a young Bruce Pearl type coach to turn this thing around. 

I don't think Adam would move back to HHS.  The MCS pay too much to move back to HHS.  Also, the issues (several mentioned in this thread) causing HHS current state of affairs are many.  I don't think anyone can fix them.  If someone could, it would take lots of patience and it would be a long haul.  I wouldn't expect anyone would take the job and stick around long enough to see it through.  It would definitely take someone young to make it happen.  Like most Maryville fans, I wish HHS would be good or even great, but I don't see it happening. 

Feather cleared the bench. I wish we had more varsity uniforms. We could have put more kids in to get experience. I don't think there is a limit on how many you can carry in the playoffs. We just don't have any more team kits (uniforms). The varsity was the best team in Blount County this year. The JV was the second best team in Blount County.

Seriously though, the varsity was hitting on all cylinders with multiple lineups last night. Once that first goal went in the lid came off.

62-14 would be my guess tonight and no way to prevent it if the defense and specialty teams put up 21 of it.  Second option would be play the JV team only and it would end out 42-7 or the third option is playing the freshman team and that would end out 35-21. It will be very interesting who wants to apply for this job and put their coaching career on the line. It will take a younger man with a lot of patience and drive that will get out into the community and try to encourage kids that are at the schools feeding into this to come out for football.

31 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

62-14 would be my guess tonight and no way to prevent it if the defense and specialty teams put up 21 of it.  Second option would be play the JV team only and it would end out 42-7 or the third option is playing the freshman team and that would end out 35-21. It will be very interesting who wants to apply for this job and put their coaching career on the line. It will take a younger man with a lot of patience and drive that will get out into the community and try to encourage kids that are at the schools feeding into this to come out for football.

They will play everyone. 

Expected much worse than this and could of been. It was a good game for Maryville to play a lot of their younger players. Looks like Heritage is mostly sophomores and freshmen on the starting lineup so maybe the experience will help out for next year and the future. When a team has over twenty players quit before the season and a few after because they can't handle the heat in the kitchen it leaves the rest of the team in a horrible position. Hammontree really had no choice but to scrap everything and totally try and rebuild from the ground up again. Even though they lost last night they had a few bright spots so all isn't totally down the drain like I expected.