Peabody @ TCA

FightingBlue0

20 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

I have a great idea.  How about all of the people from Coach T that are going to the game meet at the flag pole at 5:45pm?  We can have a meet and greet before Sr. night festivities start.  

15 minutes ago, peabodypride said:

I know I will make it some of tha Tide fellas work late !!! 

I wont be able to do that. I still work in Waverly by the time I get home and get ready I will be cutting it close. I will see you guys there tho.

Fun facts about TCA vs. Peabody

This will only be the 5th all time meeting between these two teams, and only the second ever regular season meeting.  The all time series is tied at two games each.  Peabody has won the last two games.  

Peabody is 1-0 in regular season games

TCA is 2-1 in playoff games and is 2-1 in games played at TCA.

Over the life of this series, Peabody averages 41.0 PPG while TCA averages 36.5

In two of the four previous meetings between these two teams, the winner has gone on to play for the state championship that year. ( TCA runner up in 2010, Peabody champions in 2014.

I am very proud to have called every single TCA v Peabody football game on the radio.

5 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

Fun facts about TCA vs. Peabody

This will only be the 5th all time meeting between these two teams, and only the second ever regular season meeting.  The all time series is tied at two games each.  Peabody has won the last two games.  

Peabody is 1-0 in regular season games

TCA is 2-1 in playoff games and is 2-1 in games played at TCA.

Over the life of this series, Peabody averages 41.0 PPG while TCA averages 36.5

In two of the four previous meetings between these two teams, the winner has gone on to play for the state championship that year. ( TCA runner up in 2010, Peabody champions in 2014.

I am very proud to have called every single TCA v Peabody football game on the radio.

Great info Reitz

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

Current forecast is for an 80 percent chance with rain developing late in the afternoon.

How much does rain effect TCA? I think it effects Peabody in the pass game for sure but I also think Peabody’s ground attack can make up for it if it came down to it. What does TCA do best? I know they have a very fast kid that can burn anyone on the field, but does TCA utlitze him in a different way if it’s pouring rain during the course of the game? How well does TCA QB run the football? Peabody’s QB can tote the rock just as well as any of the running backs so I think that edge goes to Peabody. If it’s raining like these meteorologists are predicting, I’m expecting both teams to have to make some adjustments to their game plans. 

Edited by FightingBlue0

Just now, FightingBlue0 said:

How much does rain effect TCA? I think it effects Peabody in the pass game for sure but I also think Peabody’s ground attack can make up for it if it came down to it. What does TCA does best? I know they have a very fast kid that can burn anyone on the field, but does TCA utlitze him in a different way if it’s pouring rain during the course of the game? How well does TCA QB run the football? Peabody’s QB can tote the rock just as well as any of the running backs so I think that edge goes to Peabody. If it’s raining like these meteorologists are predicting, I’m expecting both teams to have to make some adjustments to their game plans. 

Going into the season our QB was our best receiver returning. He can pull it and run. We have a power back that can be considered a mudder if it rains. Flash runs so fast he can dodge rain drops so no affect. Rain to me for tca is no big deal. Our coaches call on what is working for that night and not by what the weather is. It could bone dry and we can’t throw the ball. Or it could be a down pour and we set a single game record in passing. Just depends which team shows up. 

Just now, BigEdMo said:

Going into the season our QB was our best receiver returning. He can pull it and run. We have a power back that can be considered a mudder if it rains. Flash runs so fast he can dodge rain drops so no affect. Rain to me for tca is no big deal. Our coaches call on what is working for that night and not by what the weather is. It could bone dry and we can’t throw the ball. Or it could be a down pour and we set a single game record in passing. Just depends which team shows up. 

That dang Jeckle & Hyde 

13 minutes ago, BigEdMo said:

I will Be with my pop after the senior festivities in the car on the track. Look for us. Every time we score we are gonna take a lap around the track in the car with me hanging out the sunroof with a sweater vest. Hahahahaha 

This made me burst out laughing