Musket Bowl

stockton4182

43 minutes ago, Dark1 said:

I hate that I missed this one.  That Cole kid has talent.  Boone couldn’t stop the air attack...that’s what got them against Etown.

I think NET Pigskin posted one of the last plays where a young Crockett athlete absolutely gets through the line and puts the should to Cole.   Really really looks good on the angle they have.  Crockett has a lot of positives to build on even if they are losing some of their talent next year.  I'd say they have a great shot at repeat conference championships, with Boone and TN High in the hunt as well.

Region 1 has got to do a better job representing in the playoffs.  Last year was flat out embarrassing.

24 minutes ago, formerblazer said:

I think NET Pigskin posted one of the last plays where a young Crockett athlete absolutely gets through the line and puts the should to Cole.   Really really looks good on the angle they have.  Crockett has a lot of positives to build on even if they are losing some of their talent next year.  I'd say they have a great shot at repeat conference championships, with Boone and TN High in the hunt as well.

Region 1 has got to do a better job representing in the playoffs.  Last year was flat out embarrassing.

Too bad you missed this one, there will never be another Muskie where both teams have only one loss between them.

Let's consider a few things about the playoffs:

-  Boone and Crockett both established in 1971
-  Crockett has NEVER won a playoff game
-  Boone has NEVER beaten a Knoxville team, playoffs or regular season

I sure hope both teams can win at least round 1, but history is just not on our side.    And yes I know, that sounds like a Negative Nellie.....
Here is the biggest difference I have noticed in the playoffs, once you get into Knoxville their lines on both sides of the ball are way better than what we have in NET.   And I am not talking about dough boys, I mean just some big solid guys that wear you down by the end of the game.  To me that has been the biggest difference in post season play.   I remember watching DB vs. Halls in I think 1986, they moved it to the mini-dome due to inclement weather.   DB was stacked that year and all the local papers had Kingsport preparing a place for the trophy.   Halls had nothing but a massive beefy line.    And as Paul Harvey used to say ......

Guess we will see in a couple of weeks....

10 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Too bad you missed this one, there will never be another Muskie where both teams have only one loss between them.

Let's consider a few things about the playoffs:

-  Boone and Crockett both established in 1971
-  Crockett has NEVER won a playoff game
-  Boone has NEVER beaten a Knoxville team, playoffs or regular season

I sure hope both teams can win at least round 1, but history is just not on our side.    And yes I know, that sounds like a Negative Nellie.....
Here is the biggest difference I have noticed in the playoffs, once you get into Knoxville their lines on both sides of the ball are way better than what we have in NET.   And I am not talking about dough boys, I mean just some big solid guys that wear you down by the end of the game.  To me that has been the biggest difference in post season play.   I remember watching DB vs. Halls in I think 1986, they moved it to the mini-dome due to inclement weather.   DB was stacked that year and all the local papers had Kingsport preparing a place for the trophy.   Halls had nothing but a massive beefy line.    And as Paul Harvey used to say ......

Guess we will see in a couple of weeks....

I have a feeling that both Crockett and Boone can  get at least 1 playoff win  this year. That win over Gibbs was a very positive sign for R1

A Classic game, made more special by the Student beating the Teacher. 

DC defenses held cole pretty much in check but the 1 bug run. He had 176 yrds on 22 carries ( 1 run was 75 yrds). #5 had 150 + rushing too. 

Cade had 396 and 4tds, #7, #3, #9,#21,#1 and the whole team played there tails for #2. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ashes2new said:

A Classic game, made more special by the Student beating the Teacher. 

DC defenses held cole pretty much in check but the 1 bug run. He had 176 yrds on 22 carries ( 1 run was 75 yrds). #5 had 150 + rushing too. 

Cade had 396 and 4tds, #7, #3, #9,#21,#1 and the whole team played there tails for #2. 

Cade is awesome he should’ve thrown the ball away instead of forcing it when we was going in right before half.