Blackman builds a tougher resume with Alcoa, Mt Juliet and Ravenwood

Blaze45

On 10/16/2018 at 12:35 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

If the TSSAA grew a set of balls and put a rule into play for every out of zone player you have to add 20 students per player you would see Alcoa in 5A in a New York Minute. For some reason you think I'm against Alcoa but I'm not. I would like to see them play the teams they should be playing.  There is no doubt Alcoa will possibly have one of the best two or three teams in the state over the next three years and I can promise you the TSSAA will eventually bring down rules on open zoning like I mentioned because of the giant problem it has created with a select few schools. If they finally chopped the head off the Private schools don't think open zoning schools will be any problem. Far as Maryville losing to Alcoa I had nothing to do with that loss. I'm just a fan that went to the game

but I did have something to do about it when I played which was a part of a 15 game streak over Alcoa

Dang dude your were in High School 15 years! Gives new meaning to open zoning!:popcorneater:

On 10/15/2018 at 2:11 PM, Blaze45 said:

Lookslike Blackman is taking on more homework in building a tougher resume. 2019 season will feature, Alcoa, Mt Juliet and Ravenwood and an undetermined 4th non-conference team to round out the schedule.  For those folks saying Mt Juliet plays asoft schedule I believe this will be a better Non conference game for both of us as we prepare for possible playoff games later in the season. Not to mention taking on a very talented and loaded Alcoa. Now if we could only add Maryville or Hoover we would have one of if not the toughest Non-conference schedule of anyone in the region 3-6a. 

https://www.dnj.com/story/sports/high-school/2018/10/15/high-school-football-blackman-alcoa-play-series-2019-20/1644801002/

I think they finally got tired of everybody talking crap about it. Even Murphy Fair was giving them grief about it on the radio.

But this is good for everybody involved glad they got it down.

On 10/15/2018 at 2:24 PM, 32hammer said:

Excited about the Blackman /Alcoa game!

I will second that :)

This is from the TSSAA website:

Games Wanted

Football

Byrnes High School (Duncan, SC) 55 days old
Byrnes High School is seeking one opponent to complete their 2019 home schedule. Open dates are September 6 or 13.  If you are interested, please contact Tony Gillespie: tony.gillespie@spart5.net.

Battle Ground Academy has the following open 2019-20 dates: August 30/August 28; September 13/September 11; September 27,September 25); October 4/October 2, October 25/October 23. If you are interested please contact Head Coach Roc Batten: roc.batten@mybga.org.

Blackman High School has the following 2019 open date: September 13. Please contact Kit Hartsfield: (931)-279-0234 or hartsfieldk@rcschools.net.

Clinton High School has the following open date for an away game: September 13, 2019. This would be a two year contract home/away. Clinton is a 5A school and rebuilding, looking for a competitive game. If interested, please contact Randy McKamey: rmckamey@acs.ac.

10 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

Games Wanted

Football

Byrnes High School is seeking one opponent to complete their 2019 home schedule. Open dates are September 6 or 13.  If you are interested, please contact Tony Gillespie: tony.gillespie@spart5.net.

Battle Ground Academy has the following open 2019-20 dates: August 30/August 28; September 13/September 11; September 27,September 25); October 4/October 2, October 25/October 23. If you are interested please contact Head Coach Roc Batten: roc.batten@mybga.org.

Blackman High School has the following 2019 open date: September 13. Please contact Kit Hartsfield: (931)-279-0234 or hartsfieldk@rcschools.net.

Clinton High School has the following open date for an away game: September 13, 2019. This would be a two year contract home/away. Clinton is a 5A school and rebuilding, looking for a competitive game. If interested, please contact Randy McKamey: rmckamey@acs.ac.

Yep we still have week 4 open and are looking to fill it with another good quality opponent . We basically have our 6 region games ( Siegel, Oakland, Riverdale, Cookeville, Warren and Coffee County)  Alcoa, Ravenwood, Mt Juliet and 1 game tbd based on whomever we can line up for that week.

5 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

Games Wanted

Football

Why they skeerd to hit the road tho?