bdp

jimb1972

3 hours ago, copacanobra said:

Portland filled their stands while they were going 0-10 every year, yet we can’t fill ours while going to the quarterfinals 5 straight years in a row? We were winning more than enough games for the fans to show up.  And to act like there hasn’t been talent since the 08 team is ridiculous.  Trent Mcewen set every receiving record, grant wicker finished top 5 in all time rushing, Kevin Jackson set a couple tackling records, Taylor wood then broke his records, and the 2012 senior class had one of the best offensive lines that White House has ever had (thats from a coaches mouth, not mine).  Also me and 8 other kids that I played with went on and played some level of college football (that’s a lot for White House).  Were we as good as the 04 and 08 teams my junior and senior year? No probably not, but we definitely had talent.  

My point is if there hadn’t of been another school in town, we probably still could’ve packed out our stands even if we weren’t winning any games.  

When I moved back to Robertson County in the early 90's, one of the best games I ever have seen involved BDP and the Jackets.  BDP had James Taylor at tailback in the i formation and Springfield had Tremaine Turner.  I believe it was an OT game and there wasn't an empty seat at Boyce Smith Field.  It was a TREMENDOUS ball game

18 hours ago, TheCommissioner said:

When I moved back to Robertson County in the early 90's, one of the best games I ever have seen involved BDP and the Jackets.  BDP had James Taylor at tailback in the i formation and Springfield had Tremaine Turner.  I believe it was an OT game and there wasn't an empty seat at Boyce Smith Field.  It was a TREMENDOUS ball game

Tremaine played later in the 90s, Mike Thomas was the Jackets stud RB when Taylor was the TB at WH.....