1A that much better than 2A?

RocketHouse

Just now, GoWarriors said:

Thats a heck of a 3 year run. Ive seen it first hand you dont have to convince me they are a really good FB team.

Appreciated, however whoever wants to think were not legit may just be surprised one fine Friday afternoon. Also the 2018 Meigs would mercy rule the 2016 Meigs. I have boys that played on both teams. It's no contest.

2 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Appreciated, however whoever wants to think were not legit may just be surprised one fine Friday afternoon. Also the 2018 Meigs would mercy rule the 2016 Meigs. I have boys that played on both teams. It's no contest.

Yeti, just food for thought here, you have seen us this year (TC) and we are a top 10 team but not a top 5 in mosts opinion, have you played anyone that you think would beat us? 

Just now, JacketNationFan1 said:

Yeti, just food for thought here, you have seen us this year (TC) and we are a top 10 team but not a top 5 in mosts opinion, have you played anyone that you think would beat us? 

Sequatchie would be an even game for you in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Southtowner said:

This year's Greeneville and Alcoa squads would be a great matchup. I believe both are top 10 in the State. 

For sure both top 10 in the state, Alcoa might be a top 3 team, they beat maryville, maryville beat oakland, and D-2 is not as strong as normal. But those teams would be MBA, BA, Maryville, Oakland, Alcoa, Greeneville, CPA, Germantown, BGA, and possibly Whitehaven as top 10 in state? 

Sequatchie hav a big fullback that is really hard to stop him from gaining about 4-5 yards a carry. Will wear down most defenses. Defensively they are pretty good against the run but average against the pass. Meigs is a really good running team but also a really.good passing team when we need to be. 

1 minute ago, JacketNationFan1 said:

I can't argue that, I know how most feel about scrimmages but we beat Upperman in a scrimmage earlier this year like 6-2, they play squatch for the region title friday. 

Really impressive feat honestly. Buddy I work with has a son who plays for York who got beat pretty good By Upperman, that also lost by a td or so to Sequatchie. I dont think Sequatchie can win against Upperman but the fact you did says alot. I was told that when you guys played Whitwell that was not a good game for you all by one of your fans here. That normally you guys are way better. So if you guys could beat Upperman now your team would be an absolute handful in the playoffs. They are playing really well.

1 minute ago, Imthayeti said:

Sequatchie hav a big fullback that is really hard to stop him from gaining about 4-5 yards a carry. Will wear down most defenses. Defensively they are pretty good against the run but average against the pass. Meigs is a really good running team but also a really.good passing team when we need to be. 

I believe Whitwell is the 3rd/4th best team we have played this year, and they will likely be a semifinal team in 1A, that game vs Polk makes you look awfully suspicious, i know your guys didn't come to play, but tyner beat them like 54-7. Not trying to ruffle feathers just talking football here, that's what these boards are all about. But you should feel some type of way about your team, undefeated seasons are a special feat no matter who you beat to get it. Like I have said hopefully you will be playing a region 4-2A team in semis so I can be in attendance.  

4 minutes ago, JacketNationFan1 said:

I believe Whitwell is the 3rd/4th best team we have played this year, and they will likely be a semifinal team in 1A, that game vs Polk makes you look awfully suspicious, i know your guys didn't come to play, but tyner beat them like 54-7. Not trying to ruffle feathers just talking football here, that's what these boards are all about. But you should feel some type of way about your team, undefeated seasons are a special feat no matter who you beat to get it. Like I have said hopefully you will be playing a region 4-2A team in semis so I can be in attendance.  

Tyner beat them 35-7 from memory. And I agree with you it does and is suspicious. But also our 13.3 yards a carry back was out against them as well. But he also didn't play vs Sequatchie. We very well may be over rated and that's ok. We have played well for 8.5 games. And 9 defensively. We may get put out early again. But its been a fun ride.

I bye no means think we are world beaters, but I can tell you that Union City, Tyner, Rockwood, and Meigs were the same caliber teams last year. And I know this year we are a pretty good bit better. That's all I have for ya hehe.

Edited by Imthayeti

1 minute ago, Imthayeti said:

Really impressive feat honestly. Buddy I work with has a son who plays for York who got beat pretty good By Upperman, that also lost by a td or so to Sequatchie. I dont think Sequatchie can win against Upperman but the fact you did says alot. I was told that when you guys played Whitwell that was not a good game for you all by one of your fans here. That normally you guys are way better. So if you guys could beat Upperman now your team would be an absolute handful in the playoffs. They are playing really well.

Our best game all year was probably the Friendship Christian (defending D2-1A state champ) we gashed them pretty good on offense, they made some plays, we won 27-21 but I felt the way we played we were 2-3 TDs better than them. Lebanon is 7-2 probably will finish 8-2, and whitwell is a semifinal 1A team, coming from someone who calls the games, We have yet to put together a complete football game, if we do i feel like we can run the table.

2 hours ago, GoWarriors said:

To me it comes down to a few things why I don't think Greeneville could give Alcoa a game. First look at 4A this year and last. Show me 1 team in the current top 10 in the polls other than Greeneville who has even played for a state title much less won it in the last 10 years? None of those teams ( 2-10 ) have done that. In all the other classes there are multiple teams who have been there and done that.

Secondly and most importantly when Gville had real competition in 4A ( Catholic and Fulton ) they lost to them all the time in the playoffs.

2012 Fulton 42 Gville 14

2013 Fulton 40 Gville 20

2014 Gville lost to South who lost to Fulton 49 to 14

2015 Catholic 35 Gville 21

2016 Central 16 Gville 14

2017 Gville lost to Fulton in a scrimmage but won 4A

2018 Gville lost to Fulton 13 to 7 in a scrimmage but will win 4A probably.

Do you look at this six year history and think this would happen to Alcoa?

No because the only real competition Alcoa had in 3A was CPA and even then it wasn't much. I don't care about the last 6 years. I am speaking on this year.

Edited by leadfarmer