1A that much better than 2A?

RocketHouse

2 minutes ago, Archiewho said:

I can agree that the top 5 can compete with 2a, now compete and beat the top 2a teams is a bit different than just compete with the average 2a teams though.  That being said I think Huntingdon is definitely up there with the best 2a teams.  It’s actually pretty ridiculous they play 1a, but I said the same thing about Trenton and UC a couple of years ago too

Is what it is tho cant hate! 

11 minutes ago, Archiewho said:

I can agree that the top 5 can compete with 2a, now compete and beat the top 2a teams is a bit different than just compete with the average 2a teams though.  That being said I think Huntingdon is definitely up there with the best 2a teams.  It’s actually pretty ridiculous they play 1a, but I said the same thing about Trenton and UC a couple of years ago too

Do you realize that Peabody only has 385 students and Huntingdon I think has less than students than that. There has to be a cutoff somewhere.  Do you hear us saying anything about adamsville or other bigger schools ?  We just compete 

I have seen Huntingdon twice against McKenzie and Waverly. They dominated both games. It is hard to say this but Huntingdon could whoop up on some top 10 2A teams. I mean they put 63 points on the board against Waverly. I will say that they will win the 1A title. 2A is a different story tho. There are many teams that could challenge for the title. Teams like Tyner to Peabody to Fairley to Waverly can compete for 2A. I think 2A is deeper than 1A because there is a huge drop off when you go from Lake county to West Carroll. It is rumored that Huntingdon will move up to 2a because their enrollment is up this year

27 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

Do you realize that Peabody only has 385 students and Huntingdon I think has less than students than that. There has to be a cutoff somewhere.  Do you hear us saying anything about adamsville or other bigger schools ?  We just compete 

You have a small amount of high school students overall.  However, you guys have an enormous amount of kids playing football in  the middle schools thru high school. And you are currently blessed with an exceptional group at the high school level right now.  With the all star staff you have for the high school team and Mickey Marley coaching middle school, you guys are primed to win for years even with an overall low student population.  That staff has the boys of Trenton all wanting to play football.

1 hour ago, rebelman101 said:

I have seen Huntingdon twice against McKenzie and Waverly. They dominated both games. It is hard to say this but Huntingdon could whoop up on some top 10 2A teams. I will say that they will win the 1A title. 

We heard the same thing last year too.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

I have seen Huntingdon twice against McKenzie and Waverly. They dominated both games. It is hard to say this but Huntingdon could whoop up on some top 10 2A teams. I mean they put 63 points on the board against Waverly. I will say that they will win the 1A title. 2A is a different story tho. There are many teams that could challenge for the title. Teams like Tyner to Peabody to Fairley to Waverly can compete for 2A. I think 2A is deeper than 1A because there is a huge drop off when you go from Lake county to West Carroll. It is rumored that Huntingdon will move up to 2a because their enrollment is up this year

Huntingdon won’t even make it past the 3rd round in the 1A playoffs. Bump this later.

Edited by cornerback10