1A that much better than 2A?

RocketHouse

7 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

I have seen Huntingdon twice against McKenzie and Waverly. They dominated both games. It is hard to say this but Huntingdon could whoop up on some top 10 2A teams. I mean they put 63 points on the board against Waverly. I will say that they will win the 1A title. 2A is a different story tho. There are many teams that could challenge for the title. Teams like Tyner to Peabody to Fairley to Waverly can compete for 2A. I think 2A is deeper than 1A because there is a huge drop off when you go from Lake county to West Carroll. It is rumored that Huntingdon will move up to 2a because their enrollment is up this year

It would have to be a 20% increase in students and I don’t think that’s the case 

1 hour ago, Tide21 said:

It would have to be a 20% increase in students and I don’t think that’s the case 

Huntingdon will be 1A the next 2 years.  They can't opt out and go to 2A since they didn't have the 20% increase in enrollment.  

As a matter of fact, the 20% increase or decrease has to put you in another classification before you get moved or opt out.

Mitchell had a 21% decrease but their enrollment numbers still has them at 2A.

I did notice Memphis East had a 30% or so decrease and actually have 1A numbers.  They can opt out of 4A  during this mid classification. 

12 hours ago, Archiewho said:

Huntingdon and Cornersville could compete with 2a for sure aside from that, probably not.  This was a more legitimate argument when Trenton and UC were in 1a and Dresden was still good

Aside from those two?  LMBO... ok.. There are three other teams in 1A that could compete with them as well. How can someone not mention Greenback, but mention Huntingdon and Cornersville. 

18 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

I really dont think so. You really dont know how good Meigs is friend. Or probably Watertown and Tyner as well for that matter. I'd like to see top 3 in 1A face top 3 in 2A. Dont think there be any blowouts but i know Meigs could play with any of them. Just my opinion

Meigs gets no love for some reason from most folks

12 minutes ago, GoWarriors said:

Meigs gets no love for some reason from most folks

Yeah, that's one thing I've noticed since my boys started playing and I found coacht. Meigs will be around for a while i think. Coach Fitzgerald top notch and REALLY turned the program around. Has good support staff as well. Also seems to be a good weatherman and knows when to change games to Thursdays :lol:

10-2  in 2016

12-1 in 2017

And so far 9-0 this season. Already have better teams on the schedule next year in South Pitt, and Greenback from what I'm told. He's made a believer out if me. And I like what he seems to be teaching the kids.

Edited by Imthayeti

10 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

Yeah, that's one thing I've noticed since my boys started playing and I found coacht. Meigs will be around for a while i think. Coach Fitzgerald top notch and REALLY turned the program around. Has good support staff as well. Also seems to be a good weatherman and knows when to change games to Thursdays :lol:

10-2  in 2016

12-1 in 2017

And so far 9-0 this season. Already have better teams on the schedule next year in South Pitt, and Greenback from what I'm told. He's made a believer out if me. And I like what he seems to be teaching the kids.

The bottom part is why they don't get respect from some folks. The common opinion (not mine) is well they don't play nobody, over the years the competition levels have varied a great deal, west TN teams use to get to cookeville and get smacked by the middle/east teams, and the last several years that has been opposite (excluding Greenback). But huge kudos to Fitz if he is scheduling SP and Greenback, that is huge for the program going forward even if you lose those games. Like this year we will finish 7-3 which is not what we are used to here at TC, but you can take some of these other good teams in 2A and give them our schedule and they would have same record and honestly not competed in a couple of them. I know Meigs is the real deal offensively, but the past has shown (not with meigs yet) that the teams from deep east tn (Oneida(08) Knox Grace (13) and Hampton(05) that were suppose to be unbeatable were in fact beatable Oneida (23-10) Knox Grace (34-27) Hampton (35-0). If meigs wins it this year you will not have to worry about respect again, To be the man, you have to beat the men lol

8 minutes ago, leadfarmer said:

You are crazy if you think that wouldn't be a great game.

To me it comes down to a few things why I don't think Greeneville could give Alcoa a game. First look at 4A this year and last. Show me 1 team in the current top 10 in the polls other than Greeneville who has even played for a state title much less won it in the last 10 years? None of those teams ( 2-10 ) have done that. In all the other classes there are multiple teams who have been there and done that.

Secondly and most importantly when Gville had real competition in 4A ( Catholic and Fulton ) they lost to them all the time in the playoffs.

2012 Fulton 42 Gville 14

2013 Fulton 40 Gville 20

2014 Gville lost to South who lost to Fulton 49 to 14

2015 Catholic 35 Gville 21

2016 Central 16 Gville 14

2017 Gville lost to Fulton in a scrimmage but won 4A

2018 Gville lost to Fulton 13 to 7 in a scrimmage but will win 4A probably.

Do you look at this six year history and think this would happen to Alcoa?

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Imthayeti said:

10-2  in 2016

12-1 in 2017

Thats a heck of a 3 year run. Ive seen it first hand you dont have to convince me they are a really good FB team.