William Blount 2019

GovForce1

One thing that WB is really bad at is branding. It seems like all the sports have different logos and wear varying shades of blue. And the football team has a plain and boring logo. Branding matters. Look at the successful programs in the area. Almost all of them have cool and recognizable logos. The crossed swords logo was a great look. I've worn shirts with that logo all over East Tn and people always asked me when I went to WB. And kids like cool logos and uniforms. 

Edited by FightOnForWilliamBlount91

1 hour ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

One thing that WB is really bad at is branding. It seems like all the sports have different logos and wear varying shades of blue. And the football team has a plain and boring logo. Branding matters. Look at the successful programs in the area. Almost all of them have cool and recognizable logos. The crossed swords logo was a great look. I've worn shirts with that logo all over East Tn and people always asked me when I went to WB. And kids like cool logos and uniforms. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/n6QJinfvtE5BMfiQ8

Nah!Simple,yet scary.:shock:

On 8/8/2019 at 10:28 AM, 32hammer said:

Actually just the opposite. Go back to smaller community schools instead of busing kids 16 miles from their home. You would have tons of community support and be much more successful. Look at the model Greenback (close enough)and Alcoa have in the same county. Kids are academically successful, happy, have tons of community support and team state championships.

Blount county had a state champion from a small community school just a few years before the consolidation travesty . In 40 years that followed consolidation, well the record speaks for itself.

Yes, what the County should do is build one or two more high schools right now, but they won't. There was a reason the county chose to consolidate them in the first place. Therefore, WB and HHS should just drop football. They have zero chance competing at 6A.

If there were another school in the county, that would mean three schools of around 1000, or 4A. 

There will be tremendous amounts of growth in the eastern part of the county if/when they extend Pellissippi. They'll probably build one high school in either carpenters or montvale area, after WB and Heritage are bursting at the seems, resulting in three 6A teams. 

Edited by abetee

3 hours ago, abetee said:

Yes, what the County should do is build one or two more high schools right now, but they won't. There was a reason the county chose to consolidate them in the first place. Therefore, WB and HHS should just drop football. They have zero chance competing at 6A.

If there were another school in the county, that would mean three schools of around 1000, or 4A. 

There will be tremendous amounts of growth in the eastern part of the county if/when they extend Pellissippi. They'll probably build one high school in either carpenters or montvale area, after WB and Heritage are bursting at the seems, resulting in three 6A teams. 

Nonsense. WB was competitive in the past. People have such short memories. Consolidation didn't mean anything when WB was winning a decade ago. I was in school during that time. The teams were competitive and there was a lot of community support and big crowds at the games. But some of you say those things can only happen at small community schools. So I guess I just imagined it.

Edited by FightOnForWilliamBlount91

The problem at WB now is nobody expects to win. When I was at WB, there was a culture of expectation. People expected WB to win every game and were mad when we didn't. The goal was to beat Maryville and people really believed we could do it. And we came dang close to doing it in 2007. On a positive note, we beat just about everyone else.

Nobody expects anything anymore. Everybody makes excuses and says we dont have the athletes to compete with teams like Bradley or Ooltewah, but I remember us competing with and beating those teams.

So tell me why we can't do it again? The reason is everyone from the coaches and players to the administrations and fans believes it cant be done. But it can.