William Blount 2019

GovForce1

3 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Me too,wonder how it went?

HVA and WB scrimmaged in a game like fashion. 4 ten minute quarters. It ran pretty dang close to a real game situation with the exception of some special teams plays being routinely blown dead to protect players.

They kept score and it was 49-21 HVA. Most or all of WB points came in the second half when second string guys got in. WB starters had some really nice plays on both sides of the ball but never seemed able to really make a drive of it.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

The problem at WB now is nobody expects to win. When I was at WB, there was a culture of expectation. People expected WB to win every game and were mad when we didn't. The goal was to beat Maryville and people really believed we could do it. And we came dang close to doing it in 2007. On a positive note, we beat just about everyone else.

Nobody expects anything anymore. Everybody makes excuses and says we dont have the athletes to compete with teams like Bradley or Ooltewah, but I remember us competing with and beating those teams.

So tell me why we can't do it again? The reason is everyone from the coaches and players to the administrations and fans believes it cant be done. But it can.

Yep. Expectations and excuses need to be addressed in LA.

1 hour ago, Shadroach said:

WB has the talent but with them being coached like a youth league team success is improbable if not impossible. Play calls using the talents and gifts the players possess are nonexistent. Opposing coaches need only to look at the last few years game films to set up their schemes. Nothing new, nothing inserted to leverage the current talent. Never an adjustment at halftime. Comparable to Joe Paterno's lack of imagination but at least Joe wasn't a sub .500 team 5 years in a row. Never waver never buy in to the loser mentality that holds WB by its throat. The talent IS there and the lack of quality coaching and support for the team by the AD and Administration is the culprit. Until there is a grassroots movement to enact a change the future will mirror the past.

I feel like you could definitely see there was talent there and big play making ability. They had isolated moments of great plays, and I feel like their players looked like they could play. Just couldn’t get it together 

On 8/9/2019 at 9:36 PM, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

Nonsense. WB was competitive in the past. People have such short memories. Consolidation didn't mean anything when WB was winning a decade ago. I was in school during that time. The teams were competitive and there was a lot of community support and big crowds at the games. But some of you say those things can only happen at small community schools. So I guess I just imagined it.

The difference being Maryville was in a separate class back then. 

Edited by abetee

I know scrimmage games mean nothing at all but I can't help from thinking comparing apples and oranges how some of these games have went that I may have went out on the line and gave WB to much credit thinking they can win 4-6 games this year. My guess right now would be more like 2 -4 games. My advise for Mr. Cupp would be to tell the Grill Master to stop making hamburgers and hot dogs midway through the 2nd quarter because the second half is only going to last 24 minutes when they play Maryville in two weeks.

Edited by BarneySox2007
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, abetee said:

The difference being Maryville was in a separate class back then. 

That’s the problem with WB, don’t worry about MHS. Take care of your own business and eventually you’ll break through. Getting in the playoff every year should be the baseline. Next, get a home playoff game. I see grown adults make excuses on FB all the time. Most is just repeating rumors and people having chips on their shoulder. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I know scrimmage games mean nothing at all but I can't help from thinking comparing apples and oranges how some of these games have went that I may have went out on the line and gave WB to much credit thinking they can win 4-6 games this year. My guess right now would be more like 2 -4 games. My advise for Mr. Cupp would be to tell the Grill Master to stop making hamburgers and hot dogs midway through the 2nd quarter because the second half is only going to last 24 minutes when they play Maryville in two weeks.

Barney,

How many years did I come on here drunk on orange koolaid because WB looked good in scrimmages? And last year we were coming off a 1-9 season and lost every scrimmage. I really thought we might go 0-10 , but we ended up winning 3 games and were competitive against some of the good teams. You can't judge teams based on scrimmages.

Edited by FightOnForWilliamBlount91

38 minutes ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

Barney,

How many years did I come on here drunk on orange koolaid because WB looked good in scrimmages? And last year we were coming off a 1-9 season and lost every scrimmage. I really thought we might go 0-10 , but we ended up winning 3 games and were competitive against some of the good teams. You can't judge teams based on scrimmages.

You did lose to Stone Really,Really,Really bad tho.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

You did lose to Stone Really,Really,Really bad tho.

WB's non region schedule :

3-7 team with approx. 300 less students than WB

2-8 team ( lost its best player) with approx. 700 less students than WB

5-6 team with approx. 600 less students than WB

10-2 team (130 miles from WB) with approx. 1000 less students than WB

add to that an 0-10 Region team who's best player will not be playing this year.

4-6 Region team with Approx. 300 less students than WB that lost to WB last year.

WB's record should be better this year.

• Upvote 2