William Blount 2019

GovForce1

2 hours ago, Swipes said:

PS I don't think you played 3 state championship teams all in the same year.

Not what I said at all. Go back and read my post again. I said WB has played six teams this decade that have won state championships in this decade: Maryville, Alcoa, Farragut, Knox Catholic, Knox West, Knox Central.  

And WB played three of those teams the same year that they won state championships: Maryville, Alcoa, and Knox West.

And in 2014, WB played two state champions in the same season (Maryville and Knox West).

People are trying to say that WB is trying to pick up easy wins with their nonconference schedule. The last time I checked Elizabethton is one of the better teams in their class and Mo West is a solid team more often than not. And the only reason Elizabethton is on the schedule is because Campbell County dropped us. Would Campbell Co be an easy win? They have been pretty solid lately. We would've definitely been underdogs in that matchup.

Again, I just think it's funny that people are criticizing WB's schedule. 

Edited by FightOnForWilliamBlount91

11 hours ago, AlnwickFootball said:

Col. Porter would have had a firing squad lined up for any coaches that took an off week in the middle of a season. 

AF speeks tha troof.....When'st tha kernal caim down tha hallered hauls ov deer old Allin-Wick wif his shoe taps pickin' upp rpm's on tham shiny low qwarters wif evur step, ewe jist hoaped hee wint on paist yore klassrume..... Ewe didn't  waint him walkin' inn when'st he wuz mad and hiz I twitchin' faister tha maddur he gott.....:unsure:

Image result for dreyfus eye twitch gif

Edited by STARSNBARS

Gov I'm always on board until the train crashes. I remember very well in 2014 when Fulton beat Bearden 84-0 and Maryville won 62-0 and then the following week WB travels over to Knoxville and gets beat 14-34 against a team that was 0-9. Other famous crashes was 2016 against Oakland in the playoffs when Shad invited half the team not to make that trip and they took him up on it and get killed 0-63. The very next year in 2017 opening game at Lenior City ended up in a crash or "Up In Smoke"18-34 and they lose their best up and coming player in years over a situation that wasn't handled very well and if that's not enough they took a week off practice and got beat by McMinn County 14-35 for two famous crashes in one season. 2018 they go to 4A Stone Memorial and crashed 0-27 and a few of the survivors ended up down the road at Greenback. It's a new season but in the back of everyone's mind they have to be wondering where the crash will happen this year.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Gov I'm always on board until the train crashes. I remember very well in 2014 when Fulton beat Bearden 84-0 and Maryville won 62-0 and then the following week WB travels over to Knoxville and gets beat 14-34 against a team that was 0-9. Other famous crashes was 2016 against Oakland in the playoffs when Shad invited half the team not to make that trip and they took him up on it and get killed 0-63. The very next year in 2017 opening game at Lenior City ended up in a crash or "Up In Smoke"18-34 and they lose their best up and coming player in years over a situation that wasn't handled very well and if that's not enough they took a week off practice and got beat by McMinn County 14-35 for two famous crashes in one season. 2018 they go to 4A Stone Memorial and crashed 0-27 and a few of the survivors ended up down the road at Greenback. It's a new season but in the back of everyone's mind they have to be wondering where the crash will happen this year.

Its one thing to talk about a tough schedule as a bigger school,then get plumb whipped by a 4A team that plays in the worst 4A region in the State.That "tough" schedule SHOULD have you prepared for a team like Stone.91 there was no way in Hades the Govs should have lost that game.Also by wins and losses this season has been set up to be successful.Maryville,Bradley,Ooltewah and Elizabethton are losses and would be nice to steal one of those.The others SHOULD be wins but im like Barn im just gonna set back and watch what can happen next.WB "Could" win 6 games possibly 7.

Edited by orngnblk

14 hours ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

Maryville is one team the last time I checked. We have played two state champions in the same season this decade (Maryville and Knox West in 2014).  How many teams in the state can say that? The point is WB plays a tough schedule every year and anybody who says otherwise doesn't know what they are talking about that. I'm not bragging. It just baffles me that people are questioning the level of competition WB plays against. It's about as stupid as the other conferences complaining about the SEC playing one less conference game, but they arent the ones who have to play Georgia and Alabama every year.

Like I said before everyone that was in the conference can say the same thing (Lenoir City, Farragut, Bearden, HVA, and Heritage) Can all say that.

No one is questioning WB being in a tough conference but how they have been irrelevant in that conference.  That's like Vandy beating their chest about playing in the same conference as Alabama since they have won National Championships but getting killed by them every year.

The Stone Memorial Loss last year is a point that WB couldn't even beat a team that was not even relevant in 4a.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Swipes said:

Like I said before everyone that was in the conference can say the same thing (Lenoir City, Farragut, Bearden, HVA, and Heritage) Can all say that.

No one is questioning WB being in a tough conference but how they have been irrelevant in that conference.  That's like Vandy beating their chest about playing in the same conference as Alabama since they have won National Championships but getting killed by them every year.

The Stone Memorial Loss last year is a point that WB couldn't even beat a team that was not even relevant in 4a.

Where have you been? This has been a talking point on here for over a year. People have criticized WB's nonconference schedule and said we "run from competition" and schedule easy wins. 

And apparently you arent very good at math either. Of course all the teams that play in  the same regions play the same teams. Nah shite Sherlock...

Let me ask you this... How many losing teams with Maryville and Knox West in their district went out and scheduled two of the best teams from the neighboring district for nonconference games? When WB was playing a brutal district schedule with teams like Maryville, Knox West, Knox Catholic, Bearden, and Farragut, we scheduled Sevier County and Jefferson County for nonconference games. Those two teams were two of the best teams in their district and beat us more often than not.

Again, I'm asking how WB runs from competition? I'm not bragging. I'm just responding to what people have been saying for a year.

Also, arent you a Greeneville fan?  And you want to talk about competition? Stone Memorial would beat basically every team on your schedule. You guys dont play anybody worth a dam until late in the playoffs.

Dont put your two cents into something you know nothing about. Better yet, spend your time improving your reading comprehension skills.

10 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Its one thing to talk about a tough schedule as a bigger school,then get plumb whipped by a 4A team that plays in the worst 4A region in the State.That "tough" schedule SHOULD have you prepared for a team like Stone.91 there was no way in Hades the Govs should have lost that game.Also by wins and losses this season has been set up to be successful.Maryville,Bradley,Ooltewah and Elizabethton are losses and would be nice to steal one of those.The others SHOULD be wins but im like Barn im just gonna set back and watch what can happen next.WB "Could" win 6 games possibly 7.

They could be wins, but none of those except maybe Sevier County are slam dunk sure wins. Teams that are running from competition and trying to get easy wins dont schedule games that are toss ups. Lenoir City, Morristown West, and Elizabethton are toss ups.  

2 minutes ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

They could be wins, but none of those except maybe Sevier County are slam dunk sure wins. Teams that are running from competition and trying to get easy wins dont schedule games that are toss ups. Lenoir City, Morristown West, and Elizabethton are toss ups.  

We scheduled Lenoir City.:bored:

• Like 1

You guys keep talking about shoulds. WB has underachieved in football for years. So shoulds dont matter. I quit having expectations before last year. I really thought they might go 0-10. So, winning three games was a pleasant surprise for me. Especially the way we played against McMinn County.