Greenback Players

cornerback10

1 hour ago, TheAmbassador said:

I think they are better than some of the previous 1A champions. Time will tell if we can put them among some of the best ones though. I’m not ready to put them over 1997 Trousdale, 2000 CPA, 2007 SP, 2014 Union City, and 2015 NCS teams yet. However all that matters is that they are the best this season. LMBO

2014 Union City and 2016 Dresden are the best two teams so far in the 21st century. if you don't think that you probably didn't see them play. (In 1A of course)

Edited by Outsider1998

Has cornersville got some new players since last year.... because If greenback and cornersville hapen to meet in championship do you all really think you have improved 40 points...u would be playing the same team from a year ago that called the dogs off in the 3rd quater...no need in getting all fired up over this post just a honest question....I promise greenback is not looking past anyone....south pitt or whitwell will be a tough game in the 4th round if we get there 

2 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

They are really good, but not one of the top teams in all classes. 1A and 2A they are as good as anyone, but not the 3A and above teams like Alcoa, Greenville, Oakland Maryville, McCallie, MBA’s of the state.  Let’s not confuse them for being near as good as those huge schools.  

I was actually thinking that when I typed up my comment. I don't think they could beat the Alcoa's or Maryville's, but I do think they could compete. By compete I mean keeping it within 2-3 scores.

20 minutes ago, muskox said:

Has cornersville got some new players since last year.... because If greenback and cornersville hapen to meet in championship do you all really think you have improved 40 points...u would be playing the same team from a year ago that called the dogs off in the 3rd quater...no need in getting all fired up over this post just a honest question....I promise greenback is not looking past anyone....south pitt or whitwell will be a tough game in the 4th round if we get there 

Have some really good freshman. No transfers or such that are impact players. Like I said before, there were extenuating circumstance that have been corrected. Is it a 40 point improvement, I think so. I also haven't seen this Greenback team play, not Huntingdon, not Lake County, not Wayne county, or our opponent Friday McEwen. For that matter, much of any team outside our region. I have seen bits and pieces sure, but the teams this year are not last year's teams.