Mr. Football Semi-Finalists Announced 1A/2A

Grizzly478

1 minute ago, orngnblk said:

I dont keep up with other sports much,his dad and i played together and are good friends he is a football coach so i dont bother him during season,but i am sure he has some.He goes to alot of camps.I will try and find out after the season and get back.

Appreciate it, i'm a baseball junkey too lol

2A Where is Heath Price or D-Ray Carey? This is a joke! Not bashing other kids at all. Its clearly an Offensive award. D-Ray has 1576 yard and 27 tds  Price has Almost 1200 total yard 100 plus tackles 14 for loss 2 punt returns for tds 1 kickoff return for a td 3 forced fumbles and 1 pick 6. And please don say well his head coach had to turn them in. because he did! This is complete JOKE 

4 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

East TN biased?  3/5 of the nominations from each of the 1A/2A classifications are the West side of the bracket.

Maybe it's just biased this year he means ( LOL ) Waverly guy won it last year. Odd he wasn't claiming bias then.

22 minutes ago, Grizzly478 said:

42 Carries - 445 Yards - 12 TDs

18 Catches - 376 Yards - 8 TDs

2 Punt Return TD, 1 KO return TD

110 Tackles

14.5 Tackle 

1 Sack

3 Forced fumbles/ 1 fumble recovery 

1 Int and returned it for a TD

He doesn’t lead our team in touches 

you left off his  202 passing yards and PAT Kicks

https://www.coacht.com/tennessee/article.cfm?id=599859

This is an excerpt from the article. 

Five semifinalists are announced in this release for each classification and the Kicker of the Year category. There are six classifications in Division I and three in Division II. Three finalists for each category will be announced by Mike Keith on the Titans website at www.titansonline.com on Monday, November 12 at 2:00 p.m. CST / 3:00 p.m. EST. The three finalists for each award will be the ones invited to attend the awards luncheon at Nissan Stadium, where the winner of each award will be announced.

A committee of statewide sports writers selected winners based on performance in the 2018 regular season. Academics and character were also taken into consideration. High school head coaches and members of the media nominated the finalists. 

It sucks that price was left off, he deserved to be mentioned, not the first time this has happened, in 2013 Kenyan harper was a finalist but should have won it, Harper rushed for 1,800 yards with 27 touchdowns, leading the Yellow Jackets to the Class 2A title in 2013. He added 582 receiving yards and nine TDs. On defense he had 59 tackles with three interceptions. Additionally, he had three TDs on punt and kickoff returns

• Like 1