South Pittsburg vs Gordonsville (Grider against that Clemons man)

Roy Dillard

5 minutes ago, sportman said:

Yes we have and Gordonsville may have there fire truck over there to make sure there field get's watered real good!!! LOL..

LMBO, not sure it would effect either team more than the other one. Back when SP was a spread team I could see it. That’s not the case near as much anymore. They don’t have to wet it. It will be plenty wet from the rain. 

Edited by TheAmbassador

I wish this year's team could line up and run the Real single wing.  I'm not talking to just snapping back to a RB but have a BB in place to make the formation work like it's suppose to. Of coarse the only thing is you have to have a good center to run that formation. I'll have to give kudo's to our Coach Grider. Back in the day he was a great center in that formation.  46,48.47,40.30,317,317 run or pass that is music to my ear!!! LOL..

44 minutes ago, sportman said:

I see if the weather is correct that the rain is suppose to end sometime before noon at Gordonsville and temps dropping, so it will be slick and cold.  Bundle up and let's get it on. It looks like the weather is going to make this a man's game up front on both sides of the ball and whoever can control the line of scrimmage will come out on top. There might be some passing, but i think it's a total run game on our part. All I can say boy's is get some good rest, eat good, stay hydrated, and focus on this game only. 

Lol, Old Pirate says, their field is usually always wet when the Pirate ship docks. You Youngons most likely don’t remember their field soaked after it ain’t rained in weeks. Them Gordy fellers tries to be sneaky! OP ain’t jest joking neither.

19 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

How many seniors does SP start?

You guys don't have to worry about the field being hydrated enough. I don't know if the sprinklers have been turned off since Saturday morning.:grin:

It won’t effect SP anymore than it effects Gordonsville. We don’t have the elite speed we’ve had in the past. We have average speed for 1A these days. We also rely on our 225 lb FB much more nowadays. As far as seniors. I think we start 4 each way because we only have 5 total. They all 5 play though. 

24 minutes ago, sportman said:

We actually have I think 6 seniors and one plays speciial teams so we are pretty young as you can see.

Yes, I forgot about him. You are right we have 6. Start 3-4 both ways most nights when everyone is healthy I believe.

Offense- 2 senior OL, Senior FB, Senior Receiver. Correct?

Defense- 2 senior DL, senior LB, senior DB correct?

Edited by TheAmbassador

15 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Yes, I forgot about him. You are right we have 6. Start 3-4 both ways most nights when everyone is healthy I believe.

Offense- 2 senior OL, Senior FB, Senior Receiver. Correct?

Defense- 2 senior DL, senior LB, senior DB correct?

I stand corrected sir. I thought about them all after I posted,but as you say, we are very young.

1 hour ago, sportman said:

We actually have I think 6 seniors and one plays speciial teams so we are pretty young as you can see.

What grade are most of the starters in? Just curious, don't know much about this SP team. Looks like the next few years are looking good for the Pirates.