Cyunts Hil comes two 825

STARSNBARS

29 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

That was partly because Stacy Carter didn't know that he didn't know. He spent the whole season putting all his eggs in one basket. It's almost impossible to beat Maryville with 11 guys on the field, you sure ain't gonna' do it with 1 player.

i remember when curt Phillips of Sullivan south came to Maryville I think in 07 thinking they were going to mop the rebels. he was shut down the whole night

52 minutes ago, madhatter2269 said:

i remember when curt Phillips of Sullivan south came to Maryville I think in 07 thinking they were going to mop the rebels. he was shut down the whole night

I was at that games also.  South did Lose 48 to 21 in the end.  If I remember correctly it was a TD Maryville lead at half, South drove the field to open the 3rd quarter and fumbled inside the the 10 instead of tying the game up. (The rest was history after that).  Maryville did contain Curt but Taylor Fletcher their RB had a big night rushing for over 150 yards because GQ wasn't going to let Curt beat them.

6 hours ago, TNHighSchoolFBFan said:

I've seen a lot of teams come into Maryville thinking they had a chance and leave realizing they didn't. 

I really thought Dobyns-Bennett had a good chance in 2012.   They came into Maryville 12-0 having stomped everybody in NET.     First play from scrimmage for Maryville was about an 85 yard run off left tackle.    And so it went.....

7 hours ago, blazer1set said:

I really thought Dobyns-Bennett had a good chance in 2012.   They came into Maryville 12-0 having stomped everybody in NET.     First play from scrimmage for Maryville was about an 85 yard run off left tackle.    And so it went.....

That was still a 7 point game all the way up to six minutes left in the forth. From that point Clark was mentally exhausted and Maryville scored twice to end the game. In Kingsport we refer to 2012 as the year we almost didn't get blown out by Maryville.

21 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

That was still a 7 point game all the way up to six minutes left in the forth. From that point Clark was mentally exhausted and Maryville scored twice to end the game. In Kingsport we refer to 2012 as the year we almost didn't get blown out by Maryville.

It was a good game, back and forth between 2 teams who really wanted it.    If DB could have won they had a good shot at Cookeville.     That may have been DB's best team ever, at least from what I have seen of them.

9 hours ago, blazer1set said:

DB should not have been playing  Maryville in 2012. SHHS had DB beat and lost the game on a penalty on a legit trick play off-sides call on a punt. One of the best HS games i have ever watched.