Columbia Academy at Waverly Central (2nd around)

BulldawgsRise

No CA fan is beating their chest because our team has played mediocre this season compared to what they have done. And to be fair I don’t even think Apache is actually a CA fan. Some people are just trying to be realistic. People like vandy think that Waverly has some godly type offense that when they decide to can just not have any penalties or not mess up at all. Yes I’m sure Waverly will be more disciplined this week against CA, but does that mean there won’t be penalties against them? A TD called back? Heck maybe even an interception or two? Maybe a CA player will cause a fumble? You can’t predict that stuff. And it’s foolish for any of y’all to do so. All of the Waverly fans that come on here and talk this big talk haven’t learned anything. CA is still 1-0 against Waverly. Our team made y’all all look stupid last year. Y’all said the same things last year about your offense blah blah blah and how it would be a multiple touchdown win and then y’all got smacked in the mouth, even your Mr Football quarterback looked average. So now we’re here a year later and y’all are beating your chests again. Waverly May very very well win this game. But CA isn’t a pushover, and they have a coach that mentally broke y’all apart last year, so if you don’t think he can’t do it again this year then Friday night a whole bunch of y’all are gonna look like idiots again and you’re gonna lose the respect that anybody has for Waverly or any of the big talk that y’all like to dish out. 

And btw, Lewis WILL beat riverside. Riverside couldn’t even hardly handle Eagleville. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Trollin said:

And Apache over here talking about Waverly’s mental game... they were down 17 - 0 against Riverside in 1st then came back. They were down at Davidson Academy, Fairview and Huntingdon and fought to stay in the game. They have been through adversity a lot this year and kept on fighting and maintained their bearing. If anything those adversities made them better and stronger as a team. 

The only one of those games you won was the Parsons game. And sometimes they suffer from the same affliction ya’ll have. I think the 2 of you share more than the same water supply. 

11 minutes ago, BulldawgsRise said:

No CA fan is beating their chest because our team has played mediocre this season compared to what they have done. And to be fair I don’t even think Apache is actually a CA fan. Some people are just trying to be realistic. People like vandy think that Waverly has some godly type offense that when they decide to can just not have any penalties or not mess up at all. Yes I’m sure Waverly will be more disciplined this week against CA, but does that mean there won’t be penalties against them? A TD called back? Heck maybe even an interception or two? Maybe a CA player will cause a fumble? You can’t predict that stuff. And it’s foolish for any of y’all to do so. All of the Waverly fans that come on here and talk this big talk haven’t learned anything. CA is still 1-0 against Waverly. Our team made y’all all look stupid last year. Y’all said the same things last year about your offense blah blah blah and how it would be a multiple touchdown win and then y’all got smacked in the mouth, even your Mr Football quarterback looked average. So now we’re here a year later and y’all are beating your chests again. Waverly May very very well win this game. But CA isn’t a pushover, and they have a coach that mentally broke y’all apart last year, so if you don’t think he can’t do it again this year then Friday night a whole bunch of y’all are gonna look like idiots again and you’re gonna lose the respect that anybody has for Waverly or any of the big talk that y’all like to dish out. 

And btw, Lewis WILL beat riverside. Riverside couldn’t even hardly handle Eagleville. 

Your right I’m not a CA fan, but I have watched a lot of games there over the years. I am trying to be unbiased and realistic. I just can’t stand fans who inflate their players egos, just to set them up for failure when the rubber meets the road. 

Here's what I learned watching Waverly/Forrest. You will have trouble getting wide on the Tigers. The Rockets ran wide way too much, and had Tiger defenders waiting for them to get there, while the middle looked soft. After a little thought, this could be from watching film and adjusting the D to fit. Wavo's LB's were a step slow to the middle (the few times Forrest ran at them)  and the down linemen were wide, which probably was to counter the Rocket O. If it was it worked...the few big runs for Forrest were from broken/missed tackles at the LOS or behind. Wavo's secondary is average... not bad, not great, but CA's achilles heel should render that insignificant. Waverly has some losses on the year, but not to defensive, grind it out teams...They gave Riverside a big head start on the road, but when they hit the gas they were unstoppable for the Panther D (the VERY good Panther D) . They have three diverse weapons, and will be hard to account for all. Read option runs are critical, because both can take it to the house on any play, or hit #37 through the air. The only PROVEN way to beat Waverly is to get ahead while the Tigers are figuring out your defense, and score on every possession.  Doesn't sound like the CA pattern of success. I'm not saying I think that the game will go this way or that way...just telling you what I think the patterns are.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, BulldawgsRise said:

And btw, Lewis WILL beat riverside. Riverside couldn’t even hardly handle Eagleville

Think about that one for a minute.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BulldawgsRise said:

What’s there to think about? That GREAT riverside defense you just talked about let Eagleville score what, 34 points on them? Lewis will beat Riverside by probably two touchdowns. 

You said that LC would beat Riverside because they "couldn't even hardly handle Eagleville" (had to put it in quotes or my English teacher would faint)...Lewis County and Eagleville...how did that game go?

• Upvote 1

Just now, tradertwo said:

You said that LC would beat Riverside because they "couldn't even hardly handle Eagleville" (had to put it in quotes or my English teacher would faint)...Lewis County and Eagleville...how did that game go?

Yes they kept it close a couple months back. Lewis also got handled by Camden a couple weeks before that. Lewis has improved significantly since then. Y’all will see though

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BulldawgsRise said:

Yes they kept it close a couple months back. Lewis also got handled by Camden a couple weeks before that. Lewis has improved significantly since then. Y’all will see though

You seem offended, and I wasn't shooting for that...YOU made the analogy, not me...I just countered with the obvious.