Trousdale goes to Tyner Round 2

Cam615

15 minutes ago, BoydBucFan said:

On another note, Bassy.  If I haven't already, I am now...My apologies for saying your coaches and program lacked class a couple of years ago when we had no answer for all your fire power.  Loss is a tough pill for me to swallow most of the time.  

You’re talking about the 2016 game at SP?

The more I think about this game and weather.  I'm thinking the spread should be Trousdale -7.5 to 8.  The Jackets can play totally to Tyner's weakness (if they have one).  It could be a quick game time wise if TC wants to pound away.  However, Tyner does have the athletes to strike TC in a way no one has been able to all year.  I just don't think the will power of 1 and 11 on offense can take over a game like they have all year.  I know that's not all they have, but those are the ones that can take a game on by themselves.  

On 11/6/2018 at 10:52 AM, BCB~MVP said:

By the Numbers:

Trousdale County (8-3, Reg 4 #2) enters Fridays match-up scoring 32.64 PPG while giving up 10.5 PPG. They have 3 shutouts on the year. They have faced 1 6A school, 1 4A school, 1 DII1A school, 2 1A schools, and 6 2A schools. Of those schools, 9 made it to the post season with 5 still playing this week. Those opponents have a combined record of 69-45 (61% win ratio). Their 3 losses have been by a combined 11 pts. 

Tyner Academy (10-1, Reg 3 #1) comes into Friday Night scoring 39.8 PPG and allowing 11.9 PPG. They have 1 shutout on the year. They have faced 1 6A School, 2 4A Schools, 2 3A Schools, and 5 2A Schools. 10 of those schools made it into post season, however only 1 remains after the 1st round. Their opponents this year have put up a combined record of 52-66 (44% win ratio). There lone blemish on the season came W1 to 6A Ooltewah 21-7. 

The schools share 2 common opponents, East Robertson & Marion Co. TC played ER back in W7 and came away with a 42-0 victory and then last week advanced over MC 41-8. Tyner played Marion midway through the season and drummed the Warriors 54-7 and took care of ER last week 35-13. To my knowledge, the schools have never played before this week. 

Based on what I've read and seen, this could be a dogfight or it could be a lopsided victory either way. Both teams seem to have lapses of focus and if either does that Friday Night, the other team has the potential to make their opponent pay dearly. We will all see come Friday Night. Safe Travels to my fellow Yellow Jackets and bring back a Victory. Praying for a injury free game on both sides. 

intelligent post^^^

On 11/6/2018 at 11:13 AM, BCB~MVP said:

TC QB in 2005 was a beast but he wasn't the only player they had. The line that year was really good, the skill guys could catch and run and the defense was hard nosed. The senior leadership with that group wouldnt let anyone stop them. But with that said and I'm partial to that group ;) they weren't the best team to wear the Gold Hat, I'd put the '97 team up for that. 

wise post^^^

:roflol:

Just now, thewaterboy16 said:

Is there anyway I could listen to the game or something like that?

93.5 FM, 1090 AM if in the Hartsville Area. If not, download the FunRadioTn App on your Apple or Android or search FunRadioTN on the internet. Cheese and Cameron do a great job, with not alot of bias, a little but not alot!

16 minutes ago, BCB~MVP said:

Momma didn't raise no dummy! i knows a good phooseball team when I seen one and I may have still been in tighty whities at the time but 1997 was a team to be reckon wit.

toughest job in the state that year was playing 2nd/scout team for the yellow jackets.

spent 4 days a week playing that 1st team in practice and at least 2 full quarters and sometime 3 playing mop up duty every Friday night.

no doubt some of those guys would argue that was the best team the 97 jackets faced all year.

to paraphrase Kevin durant, “those were the REAL mvps!” :roflol:

5 minutes ago, snoball5278 said:

toughest job in the state that year was playing 2nd/scout team for the yellow jackets.

spent 4 days a week playing that 1st team in practice and at least 2 full quarters and sometime 3 playing mop up duty every Friday night.

no doubt some of those guys would argue that was the best team the 97 jackets faced all year.

to paraphrase Kevin durant, “those were the REAL mvps!” :roflol:

Kids dont realize that a scout team can make all the difference. I spent the '02 season doing the same thing. The starters had the TC playbook, I had the other teams playbook. I knew our opponents plays better than they did at times. Heck we even had our own practices and jerseys! Good ole memory lane for some washed up Jackets!

• Upvote 1