MT. PLEASANT @ HUNTINGDON

footballover

2 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

Well... Huntingdon fans feel like they've lost the hometown cooking feel they used to have, and have become a private school feel with their new turf field and renovations....

I think it’s more to do with lack of competition. It’s hard to get excited for more than 10 mins when it’s 40-0 at halftime. Waverly game was decent. Didn’t go to the Milan game so couldn’t say.

1 minute ago, StangNation said:

I think it’s more to do with lack of competition. It’s hard to get excited for more than 10 mins when it’s 40-0 at halftime. Waverly game was decent. Didn’t go to the Milan game so couldn’t say.

Is it true you all are trying to bump up into 2A with Union City, Peabody, Gibson etc...?

10 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

Nope I know it’s true. Comparing the rest of your team to Huntingdon’s and ours, you don’t have as many supporting players. I’m not just some fan that gets on here to say everyone is terrible besides GB. There’s 4 really good teams. Unfortunately, Cornersville is just carried by 2 players and a few role players. That’s fact.

Cornersville will get their respect all the way until next Friday when they lose to Huntingdon.

:thumb: My apologies to the great and powerful cherokee23. You, by far, are the great and wise and please spare me for thinking otherwise.(had to stroke the EGO there for a second) I don't think anyone is doubting the strength of the Mustangs or the Cherokees or their supporting casts. I, myself, am not some cordial fan posting on here. I watch the bulldogs each and every week, and do some background on the team we are currently facing.  I don't have the time, nor can I find the film as others can on other teams to dissect and see strengths and weaknesses. When my son gets the film, I will see the film. Until then, not worried or looking ahead. By stating Cornersville will get respect until they lose to Huntingdon is saying they get no respect at all, and I, for one, am good with that. IF we make it to Huntingdon and they get past MT. Pleasant(which they should) and Huntingdon should beat us, then it is fine with me to lose a hard fought game to one of the most history rich programs in the state, as it was last season when we lost to Greenback in the SC game. No Cornersville does not have the history of these two fine programs, and the future may not be as bright, but you better believe these young men are going to be prepared for battle each and every game and bring all they have. You don't have 9 CONSECUTIVE SHUTOUTS for no reason. Go ahead and stop 15 and 22 if you want(or if you can) and see what else there is on the team. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Mustang defense this year is better than it's getting credit for. What points we've given up have been getting the ball thrown over our heads. Huntingdon db's are burners so surely we'll correct the problem.

I am not saying Huntingdon's defense is swiss cheese.

However, compared to defenses from mid 90's through mid 2000's there is a HUGE gap.  For the last several years, Huntingdon has not had a defense when needed could shut a team down.

Execution on offense is about as good as I have seen in a long time.  Physical play on defense is no where close to past teams.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jobres76 said:

:thumb: My apologies to the great and powerful cherokee23. You, by far, are the great and wise and please spare me for thinking otherwise.(had to stroke the EGO there for a second) I don't think anyone is doubting the strength of the Mustangs or the Cherokees or their supporting casts. I, myself, am not some cordial fan posting on here. I watch the bulldogs each and every week, and do some background on the team we are currently facing.  I don't have the time, nor can I find the film as others can on other teams to dissect and see strengths and weaknesses. When my son gets the film, I will see the film. Until then, not worried or looking ahead. By stating Cornersville will get respect until they lose to Huntingdon is saying they get no respect at all, and I, for one, am good with that. IF we make it to Huntingdon and they get past MT. Pleasant(which they should) and Huntingdon should beat us, then it is fine with me to lose a hard fought game to one of the most history rich programs in the state, as it was last season when we lost to Greenback in the SC game. No Cornersville does not have the history of these two fine programs, and the future may not be as bright, but you better believe these young men are going to be prepared for battle each and every game and bring all they have. You don't have 9 CONSECUTIVE SHUTOUTS for no reason. Go ahead and stop 15 and 22 if you want(or if you can) and see what else there is on the team. 

Good luck tonight,i for one hope we both keep winning and meet again!

1 minute ago, StangNation said:

I have heard that rumor but I think it’s a wait and see until reclassification. 

It would make for some interesting games between Huntingdon, UC, and Peabody.... Personally, I don't want to see y'all in our region. TCA is out, and I've heard Adamsville may be bumping up to 3A.

1 minute ago, GCPioneer said:

It would make for some interesting games between Huntingdon, UC, and Peabody.... Personally, I don't want to see y'all in our region. TCA is out, and I've heard Adamsville may be bumping up to 3A.

Yeah, I think everyone misses the hard fought games between union city and Peabody etc..If Milan would drop back down to 2A then things could really get interesting. Personally i don’t think it will happen at least until after next season bc Huntingdon will be picked to win state again in 1A (not saying they will) but with every starter returning on Offense except 1 lineman and half the Defense returning Huntingdon will be hard to beat. 

26 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

Don't want Huntingdon in your region, why afraid that extra lost will not let your 3 & 7 pioneers in the playoffs. 

2 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

Well... Huntingdon fans feel like they've lost the hometown cooking feel they used to have, and they now have a feeling as if they were a private school with their new turf field and renovations....

They could have at least painted an outline on the field of the twelfth man they used to beat Milan back several years ago.......

Heard the girls are looking great in basketball practice. Which team will put yall out this year Greenfield or Gleason?

54 minutes ago, StangNation said:

Yeah, I think everyone misses the hard fought games between union city and Peabody etc..If Milan would drop back down to 2A then things could really get interesting. Personally i don’t think it will happen at least until after next season bc Huntingdon will be picked to win state again in 1A (not saying they will) but with every starter returning on Offense except 1 lineman and half the Defense returning Huntingdon will be hard to beat. 

Huntingdon has to replace the center 1 guard 1 tackle on offense and 1 D tackle 1 corner and 1 middle LB on defense