MT. PLEASANT @ HUNTINGDON

footballover

10 minutes ago, footballover said:

Competition level isnt even comparable. Easy to average 50 mpg in a horrible 6-1A region

Your right no way to compare the last two teams to teams from the past.if teams from the past had played the last two years schedule we would  have alot of undefeated teams.

Edited by horse

Huntingdon teams of 10+ years ago played big boy smash mouth football. They had teams with big nasty offense and defensive lineman and linebackers and defensive backs who liked to knock your head off. One thing this Huntingdon team has is speed and alot of it. Anxious to see how they respond when someone really hits them in the mouth. That hasn't happened this year. Cornersville did it last year and Huntingdon didnt like it too good

Edited by footballover
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, footballover said:

Huntingdon teams of 10+ years ago played big boy smash mouth football. They had teams with big nasty offense and defensive lineman and linebackers and defensive backs who liked to knock your head off. One thing this Huntingdon team has is speed and alot of it. Anxious to see how they respond when someone really hits them in the mouth. That hasn't happened this year. Cornersville did it last year and Huntingdon didnt like it too good

One thing is certain, if both Cornersville and Huntingdon make it to the third round, which I'm sure will happen, it will be one of the best games in the state next Friday. Looking forward to making the trip to see a great game.

26 minutes ago, footballover said:

Competition level isnt even comparable. Easy to average 50 mpg in a horrible 6-1A region

Won't argue that point at all. 

I still contend the major difference between now and then is defense.  As another point you made, Huntingdon does not play the same level of smash mouth football as in previous years. 

In years past, Huntingdon did not have to depend on offense to outscore every opponent. Defense would keep you in every game and also give you more possessions per game.

9 minutes ago, couchpotato said:

Won't argue that point at all. 

I still contend the major difference between now and then is defense.  As another point you made, Huntingdon does not play the same level of smash mouth football as in previous years. 

In years past, Huntingdon did not have to depend on offense to outscore every opponent. Defense would keep you in every game and also give you more possessions per game.

I'm not down on the defense this year. They have given up there share of points only after they have jumped out to a big lead. They have trailed at half 1x this year then depth took over and Wayne Co was done. Dropping down to 1A was the worst mistake in the history of the football program. Last several classes to come thru had a better chance to win 2A. Oh well get ready for your butt whipping Mt Pleasant. You are just a tune up for Cornersville

4 minutes ago, footballover said:

I'm not down on the defense this year. They have given up there share of points only after they have jumped out to a big lead. They have trailed at half 1x this year then depth took over and Wayne Co was done. Dropping down to 1A was the worst mistake in the history of the football program. Last several classes to come thru had a better chance to win 2A. Oh well get ready for your butt whipping Mt Pleasant. You are just a tune up for Cornersville

Why is it the worst thing to drop down to 1a,if 2a is weaker? You rather sees them play weaker teams than they've been playing,if they had a better chance win a gold ball.

2 minutes ago, horse said:

Why is it the worst thing to drop down to 1a,if 2a is weaker? You rather sees them play weaker teams than they've been playing,if they had a better chance win a gold ball.

You keep your traditional 2A rivalries if you stay 2A. I'm not looking for weaker competition. Huntingdon has no business playing Middleton Perry Co Collinwood McEwen. Bruceton is our neighbor but they haven't been competitive in years. Would much rather go back to playing Dresden Westview Union City. Trenton would be a great test in the playoffs. In my opinion there are 4 teams in 1A with a shot at the gold ball. 

2 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

If we’re gonna be brutally honest, Cornersville will get their respect all the way until next Friday when they lose to Huntingdon. Cornersville has 2 players. I’ve seen a lot of film. Don’t say you have like 5 or 6 because you don’t. You have Eli Woodard and Cameron Whitaker. That’s it. You’re not getting past Huntingdon. So we’re gonna ignore your profanity and stay right where we are. 

Keep telling yourself that. If you have seen a lot of film, then you know that isn't true. Those two may be big cogs in the offense, but not the only two. Oh wait, I wasn't supposed to say that. Please disregard my disobedient self.

14 minutes ago, footballover said:

You keep your traditional 2A rivalries if you stay 2A. I'm not looking for weaker competition. Huntingdon has no business playing Middleton Perry Co Collinwood McEwen. Bruceton is our neighbor but they haven't been competitive in years. Would much rather go back to playing Dresden Westview Union City. Trenton would be a great test in the playoffs. In my opinion there are 4 teams in 1A with a shot at the gold ball. 

Dresden had one good team in school history. The other Dresden team that made it to c-ville Huntingdon  mercy ruled in regular season. Westview hasn't been competitive in years.would like to see them play  uc and Trenton again. 

Edited by horse

7 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Guys no disrespect intended, but Greenback toyed with you guys last year. They got up big and took their foot off the accelerator. Greenback was easily 21-28 points better than you. You had an awesome season, but the championship game was the week before.  

What ever to the great man on coach t your a fool if you think they so called toyed with us sorry your so called boys wasn't there 

5 minutes ago, Chad02 said:

What ever to the great man on coach t your a fool if you think they so called toyed with us sorry your so called boys wasn't there 

You guys have no freaking clue. If you think that was GB at full force, which you probably do, you’re crazy. I mean just looking at both teams, everyone knew GB was way better. Now, you guys have definitely improved this year in regards to defensive efficiency. But hear me out.... you WILL NOT run your way to a gold ball.