Hendersonville @ Oakland

Bump11

This game probably isn’t close. How much of a chance to the Commandos have here? This has all the makings of a blowout, HHS doesn’t have the guys to hang with the Pats. I think the only chance HHS has of keeping it close is the change of pace at RB. If they can get the run game going they could keep it close early, but I think Oakland runs away with it. 42-17

47 minutes ago, Bump11 said:

This game probably isn’t close. How much of a chance to the Commandos have here? This has all the makings of a blowout, HHS doesn’t have the guys to hang with the Pats. I think the only chance HHS has of keeping it close is the change of pace at RB. If they can get the run game going they could keep it close early, but I think Oakland runs away with it. 42-17

Assuming that Oakland plays as well as they’re capable of, I don’t see this one being particularly close. Have to be ready to bring your A game every week this time of year! The Commandos have made it this far for a reason

On 11/3/2018 at 12:45 PM, Bump11 said:

Hendersonville would need to play their best game this year. Oakland runs away in the 3rd quarter, too many athletes.

Edited by Yalfan

On 11/4/2018 at 2:29 PM, Lost Old Dad said:

AMEN!  If Oakland leaves its starters in the whole game it could be a mercy rule game.  Luckily I figure Oakland's Coach will put his second string in to get them ready for later games.

Oakland's starters have only played two complete games this year.  The early season loss at Maryville and the home win against Blackman (24-14).  Every other game has had a running clock starting in the 3rd quarter and 2nd and 3rd team kids have gotten lots of playing time.

Hendersonville is a good 6A team no doubt but I feel Oakland is at a whole different level.

Edited by ttitan27

On 11/5/2018 at 12:42 PM, tubthumper said:

The battle of the wing t's!  I would say the favor goes to Oakland. Ain't no better wing t coach in the state than Creasy. Oakland by 17

I had a talk with someone before the season who was closer to the program than me and he told me that Oakland is not really a wing-t team.  They run multiple sets.  

10 minutes ago, GWAVE1 said:

I had a talk with someone before the season who was closer to the program than me and he told me that Oakland is not really a wing-t team.  They run multiple sets.  

I would agree with that. You watch Oakland play and they can come at you in so many different ways and so many different guys.