Smith County HC vacancy

kingofthenorth

46 minutes ago, owls79 said:

New to posting but not new to arguing with a lightweight.  I sit and listen to all you experts on Friday nights.  Maybe we will use your crystal ball or woolly worms. Did you apply for the job?

What have I said that there is to argue with?  Tell me what,,,,,,,,,

I think the job should be yours.  You know what 11/12 year old talent will be in HS. You know feeder middle schools can play. You know next year is 4 wins. You know parents, what Coach D forgot, sleep habits, Coach Fulmer quotes, experts and lightweights.  I believe you got it covered.

Edited by Reynard

On 11/22/2018 at 5:30 PM, owls79 said:

Why would Lytle leave Wilson County, he saw for six years there was no talent coming through the middle school. The high school next year with the talent or lack of is another 4 win team at best.  It is probably best to go ahead and hire Murph, no big name is coming.

The job is not what it once was. 

Nobody is coming.All the great young coaches have turned down the job.Gentry,Hackett,Dyer,Clemmons,Watson and a few more I forgot.Murf Murray is the front runner now.I heard they were gonna seek Ben Herren but I heard last night in Baxter that was a big NO.So the search goes on.Murf is a great motivator.Head coach? Remains to be seen.

2 hours ago, jls said:

Nobody is coming.All the great young coaches have turned down the job.Gentry,Hackett,Dyer,Clemmons,Watson and a few more I forgot.Murf Murray is the front runner now.I heard they were gonna seek Ben Herren but I heard last night in Baxter that was a big NO.So the search goes on.Murf is a great motivator.Head coach? Remains to be seen.

Wasn't Murray the HC at Glencliff? I'm pretty sure they were bad with him there. But they've been bad as long as I remember.

15 minutes ago, croz6110 said:

Wasn't Murray the HC at Glencliff? I'm pretty sure they were bad with him there. But they've been bad as long as I remember.

He was HC somewhere around Nashville.Don't think they had a good record.Murf is a great guy but as I've said many times before 'Great guys don't always make great coaches'

5 hours ago, croz6110 said:

Glencliff  and whites Creek.........I think. Both are difficult places to coach football.  Athletes walking the hallways in both schools, but  have interest in other things...... 

Edited by Reynard

On 11/8/2018 at 8:42 AM, thatdevilforrest said:

I am not a Smith County guy at all and have no dog in the fight, but I have always heard that it is one of the worst places for politics controlling the football of just about anywhere around.

No way SC gets back to what it used to be anytime soon. If you believe that you are completely delusional, and IF it somehow does I will DM you my address so you can serve me my crow.