Smith County HC vacancy

kingofthenorth

41 minutes ago, Reynard said:

Nope.....Not me.........he left SC because Maynord named Gentry the OC..went to H2O or a little bit, Then went to MC as HC for 1 year, back to H2O.  Went G-ville fro 2/3 years. ...Marshall left, he didn't get the OC job......left and went to Cookville.  Way too much movement for me........ 

Movement is the name of the game in athletics nowadays. Keith would be a good hire for Smith. I can promise Smith wouldn’t find a more passionate guy and with his connections he could help keep the Smith County kids in Carthage instead of going to Gville. This job is not what it used to be and someone like Keith may be the perfect candidate to build enthusiasm at the school and get the numbers back up.

18 hours ago, wtaylor said:

Movement is the name of the game in athletics nowadays. Keith would be a good hire for Smith. I can promise Smith wouldn’t find a more passionate guy and with his connections he could help keep the Smith County kids in Carthage instead of going to Gville. This job is not what it used to be and someone like Keith may be the perfect candidate to build enthusiasm at the school and get the numbers back up.

Who is leading the coaching search? 

How many have applied for this job so far?

Any names to who is the favorite for getting it?

52 minutes ago, RunPassOption said:

Who is leading the coaching search? 

How many have applied for this job so far?

Any names to who is the favorite for getting it?

From what I have heard, the principal is running the search. He has reached out to several high quality candidates and has been turned down. Those names include: Maynard, Gentry, and Chad Watson. I don’t think any established head coach is going to want this job. The talent level at Smith has dropped considerably and there doesn’t appear to be much coming up from the Jr High. They have several quality guys on staff. Jason Harville is a great person and very good coach. Not sure if he is interested or not. If they go outside, Goolsby or Matt Dyer would be guys I would reach out to.

I talked to someone who knew someone who was close to the search, so take this for what it's worth.

Goolsby is not under consideration. Clemmons removed his name. A Coach Lytle? Not sure of the spelling, is the leader at this point. I was told he was there with Maynord.

I think all the established HC's have said no.

1 hour ago, owls79 said:

Why would Lytle leave Wilson County, he saw for six years there was no talent coming through the middle school. The high school next year with the talent or lack of is another 4 win team at best.  It is probably best to go ahead and hire Murph, no big name is coming.

I forgot they mentioned Murf as well. He's got a good shot from what I'm told.

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 5:30 PM, owls79 said:

Why would Lytle leave Wilson County, he saw for six years there was no talent coming through the middle school. The high school next year with the talent or lack of is another 4 win team at best.  It is probably best to go ahead and hire Murph, no big name is coming.

What a crock,,,,,,,Middle School hasn't received the attention it needs in years,  I hear  kids being ran off,,,,I don't think anyone has reached out to Defeated-Union Heights or Fork Rives to get kids to play like they should have, I could be wrong on all accounts,  I would bet that ones talking about talent coming through has never seen a Jr. High game,  Kids have to be developed. I've seen many that in 6-7 grade I never though would amount to anything on a football field that were pretty dang good at Jr-Sr years.  There are up and down years,  But a general statement about talent 5-6 years out....

NO talent coming through???........I need to borrow ya'lls crystal ball, cards or woolly worms or whatever yall use to predict 6-7 years out.

Reynard - If you knew as much as you pretend to know you would know Defeated, Union Heights and Forks River have been allowed to participate in middle school for years.  Yes, talent five or six years out.  I guess you think talent is developed in about one year.  Keep thinking that way and you will have many sleepless nights.  You are probably one of the parents that thought Coach D was coach of the year last year and he forgot everything he knew before this year started.  As Coach Fulmer said it is not always about the X's and O's, it is about the Jimmies and Joes.

5 minutes ago, owls79 said:

Reynard - If you knew as much as you pretend to know you would know Defeated, Union Heights and Forks River have been allowed to participate in middle school for years.  Yes, talent five or six years out.  I guess you think talent is developed in about one year.  Keep thinking that way and you will have many sleepless nights.  You are probably one of the parents that thought Coach D was coach of the year last year and he forgot everything he knew before this year started.  As Coach Fulmer said it is not always about the X's and O's, it is about the Jimmies and Joes.

"Yes, talent five or six years out"....are you agreeing with me, or have that woolly worm?  Yes I am a parent......both over 25 years old.  And I'm one of the parents that thought Dick Fulton shouldn't have been hired.  Coach Fulmer?  If he said that he must have forgot it.....I think that's what got him fired, recruiting. 

LOL,,,,,,,I know "they have been allowed". Allowed and actively talking to the kids in 5/6 grade and generating interest  are 2 different things.  Since evidently your in tune with the state of affairs concerning Jr. High.........how many on the team was from the feeder schools??  You can't stand around waiting for them to show up.

Look ...you just made my point for me, Talent HAS to BE developed....starting in Jr. High. not in 1-2 years of high school.......they're already behind,. .

I know your new at this but you might try testing the water before you dive in,