Smith County HC vacancy

kingofthenorth

5 minutes ago, Reynard said:

I AGREE 100%.  Almost too good of a guy if there is such a thing..

The new coach would be well served if he could convince Coach D to at least help. 

Is this official Termite? I don't keep up with them as much as I used to but it's the first I've heard of him stepping down.

3 minutes ago, jls said:

Word on the street about a month ago (before he stepped down) was they were priming Clemmons for the job.

Not sure he's ready. He has coached under Coach D. for 4-5 years. He may be the man and may be ready, but I would consider some one with a little more experience, You know, coached with other coaches techniques,  different ideas and philosophies.      

Hackett---Under Maynord at SC - Rankin at Alcoa -White Co. and WT

Brady at Clarksville and Lebanon

Dyer at MC and TC

Jackson-  - Shoulders-Loftis have had many stops and  experience,

At his point SC has ask themselves if he's worth the gamble?  Could be,,,,,I guess we'll see,

-    

2 hours ago, Reynard said:

Not sure he's ready. He has coached under Coach D. for 4-5 years. He may be the man and may be ready, but I would consider some one with a little more experience, You know, coached with other coaches techniques,  different ideas and philosophies.      

Hackett---Under Maynord at SC - Rankin at Alcoa -White Co. and WT

Brady at Clarksville and Lebanon

Dyer at MC and TC

Jackson-  - Shoulders-Loftis have had many stops and  experience,

At his point SC has ask themselves if he's worth the gamble?  Could be,,,,,I guess we'll see,

-    

I honestly dont see Shoulders leaving MC. That's where he played and at this point, it may be a better job for him being that he has 1 year under his belt there establishing his program. 

I think Jackson would be are hard get as well (i know im the one that through his name out there) but he would do a good job. 

Loftis has done about all he can do at JC. Im not sure if thats his hometown or not but he seems content in Gainesboro. He was an assistant for a year or 2 at Gallatin and probably had other options but went back. 

I'd say Dyer or Brady are in line for applying. Hopefully Dyer has to wait 4 more weeks before putting his name in. :thumb:

Hackett would also be a great fit but he may think that his current situation is better. Rumor has it, he is the coach in waiting at H2O.

Will Mr. Towns be making the hire of does the Director of Schools make the hire? Towns knows what it takes to win. He was raised a Yellow Jacket! 

34 minutes ago, BCB~MVP said:

I honestly dont see Shoulders leaving MC. That's where he played and at this point, it may be a better job for him being that he has 1 year under his belt there establishing his program. 

I think Jackson would be are hard get as well (i know im the one that through his name out there) but he would do a good job. 

Loftis has done about all he can do at JC. Im not sure if thats his hometown or not but he seems content in Gainesboro. He was an assistant for a year or 2 at Gallatin and probably had other options but went back. 

I'd say Dyer or Brady are in line for applying. Hopefully Dyer has to wait 4 more weeks before putting his name in. :thumb:

Hackett would also be a great fit but he may think that his current situation is better. Rumor has it, he is the coach in waiting at H2O.

Will Mr. Towns be making the hire of does the Director of Schools make the hire? Towns knows what it takes to win. He was raised a Yellow Jacket! 

You may be right on all accounts.

Shoulders- at home-been there just 1 year,   Jackson-may be looking for something bigger/better -  Loftis-at home and may be content.   Hackett- Brady-Dyer who knows.

Depends on what motivates them, Money-Comfort -Chance to win- Chance to build their own program,,,,,,all that, or something else.   

I'm not sure who makes the hire.......All I know is whoever it is needs to put a lot of thought into it. That's why IMO they need someone that has been at successful programs or got the most out of their talent, Or a combination of both.  But on the other hand,  Rankin was unproven before he go here and you see where he is now. 

I can almost guarantee Shoulders is not leaving MC anytime soon. He’s all in with the program. 

He’s got a lot of talent coming back on both sides of the ball. There’s no reason for him to leave anyway 

Plus, it’s his hometown. When you don’t have to go very far for work, it’s always good. 

1 hour ago, MCFAN3 said:

I can almost guarantee Shoulders is not leaving MC anytime soon. He’s all in with the program. 

He’s got a lot of talent coming back on both sides of the ball. There’s no reason for him to leave anyway 

Plus, it’s his hometown. When you don’t have to go very far for work, it’s always good. 

Almost guarantee,    I thought he lived near Pleasant Shade.  As far as talent, SC has some, well, enough to get a win against MC this year  

5 hours ago, Reynard said:

Ya'll need to know, I don't know JACK about the coach search, or who is interested, I'm just throwing stuff out there.  For all I know, they may hire Stampus Lickus,  Snoball, Geo, UpperCumberland Man,  Croz or Al Gore. 

DUDE!!! You grouped me with Al Gore! That is low, very low. 

• Upvote 1