Smith County HC vacancy

kingofthenorth

2 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

History suggests it isn't. Show me a great SC team and I'll show you a program that gets bumped in the playoffs against an athletically superior team. You can't coach speed

Unless you’re from Trousdale County where they believe coaching magically gives them superior team speed over most of the teams in 2A lol. 

17 hours ago, oldsc7 said:

Yes but if you chose to play up in football then you could play 2a in the other sports. Which is very doable.

If yo have  1100 kids you will not have a choice to play 2A in other sports.  You will be 3a in all other sports. You can choose to play 5A football right now as a 3A football school, but playing up in football has nothing to do with where  you play in other sports. Enrollment controls everything.

5 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

History suggests it isn't. Show me a great SC team and I'll show you a program that gets bumped in the playoffs against an athletically superior team. You can't coach speed

not denying this at all. however if you had the combined teams of gville and sc as discussed previously, then you would have a very good amount of speed on that team and could play with people

1 hour ago, bigchief said:

If yo have  1100 kids you will not have a choice to play 2A in other sports.  You will be 3a in all other sports. You can choose to play 5A football right now as a 3A football school, but playing up in football has nothing to do with where  you play in other sports. Enrollment controls everything.

A consolidated school would only have 900-950 students. That would put them at 2A in the other sports.

49 minutes ago, zoneread56 said:

not denying this at all. however if you had the combined teams of gville and sc as discussed previously, then you would have a very good amount of speed on that team and could play with people

The fact that you can't coach speed is obvious, but I've seen slow, disciplined, and well-coached teams beat teams that were loaded with speed.

1 hour ago, croz6110 said:

The fact that you can't coach speed is obvious, but I've seen slow, disciplined, and well-coached teams beat teams that were loaded with speed.

I agree but teams that are loaded with speed AND well coached with discipline is what we eventually run into. Alcoa, Catholic, Fulton, Greenville, etc just to name a few.