3rd Round: THE Rematch - AC vs Greeneville

TomJoad

50 minutes ago, Mavericksinflight said:

The Mavericks have an editable appetite and are currently starving :hungry: revenge is all the Mavericks want......and they want it bad! Nothing will get in there way and No greeneville ticket holder and no Greenville staff and Players will leave the Bull Cage without a loss. Gates will remain locked until the Mavericks win..... travel to AC and Rocky top at your own risk!???

revenge is a dish best served ..............who are we kidding here, revenge isnt a dish at all, it is a battle cry for sports teams and boxers, as well as ex-wives to help them get the nerve up for another try and we all know how often "another try" works for ex-wives, so let's look at this from the sports  side of things. Unless your name is rocky balboa and your opponent is clubber lang, ivan drago or old age, you basically have no better chance the second time around. ( i really dont know where i'm going with this, i just wanted to somehow find a way to work the names clubber lang and ivan drago into this conversation somehow )

The defending state champs at 11-0 was the 2 seed. North Carolina seeds on strength of schedule. Every team in their conference made the playoffs plus playing Greeneville.North Carolina uses Adjusted Max Preprankings. I wish Tennessee would just seed the best 16 teams and do away with the region stuff. Here a good article to read  on why North Carolina changed things. This should be the game to get to the Championship in Tennessee.

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/high-school/article187297183.html

Edited by Appvol

I'm just reading and waiting .My thoughts have been the same since last year.Both have fine teams and the rematch should be another tough game.No question in my mind that Anderson county and Greeneville could beat each other and it comes down to who wants it this year.Last year was awesome for the Devils and we will always be the 2017 champions.We all know it could have just as easily went the other way but it didn't.If we win out or AC wins out this year.The winner will always be the 2018 champion and have once again earned it.See the source image

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

I'm just reading and waiting .My thoughts have been the same since last year.Both have fine teams and the rematch should be another tough game.No question in my mind that Anderson county and Greeneville could beat each other and it comes down to who wants it this year.Last year was awesome for the Devils and we will always be the 2017 champions.We all know it could have just as easily went the other way but it didn't.If we win out or AC wins out this year.The winner will always be the 2018 champion and have once again earned it.See the source image

It will come down to the team that wants it the most and makes the least mistakes-----

7 hours ago, BVDevil said:

revenge is a dish best served ..............who are we kidding here, revenge isnt a dish at all, it is a battle cry for sports teams and boxers, as well as ex-wives to help them get the nerve up for another try and we all know how often "another try" works for ex-wives, so let's look at this from the sports  side of things. Unless your name is rocky balboa and your opponent is clubber lang, ivan drago or old age, you basically have no better chance the second time around. ( i really dont know where i'm going with this, i just wanted to somehow find a way to work the names clubber lang and ivan drago into this conversation somehow )

I absolutely love reading Monday morning, and seeing an Ex-Wives correlation!

2 hours ago, greene4747 said:

It will come down to the team that wants it the most and makes the least mistakes-----

greenegreene and batman...i agree whole heartedly that "the team that makes the fewest mistakes will win the game"...another gentleman who knew a little something about coaching football, once said the same thing. Can't quite remember his name, but id bet my entire box of donuts that he has a street and quite possibly a stadium or two named after him somewhere, but I digress, the one thing you both said that I disagree with is " the team that wants it the most will win". I've just never believed in that theory simply because it's my belief that every kid on both teams "WANTS' this game more than ever, but this brings me to another famous saying that we all know...." want in one hand and poopoo in the other and see which one fills up fastest".....

Edited by BVDevil

29 minutes ago, BVDevil said:

oh and i dont think willpower will have anything to do with the outcome of this one either....while im doling out famous sayings, here's another one i think we can all agree on...."If you think you have good willpower, try using it on diarrhea and see how things come out "

You are on a roll-----